• Please log in to reply
7703 replies to this topic

#7641 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:29 PM

I don't get why Maro says what she did is unforgiven considering other ZOC members are in relationships/ married aswell and Watanabe was seperated already.
His divorce is really just formal here no betrayal since you can't expect ppl to be single forever.

That's the crux though--until his divorce is final, he's not single. It's unfortunate, but Japanese celebrities are held to a high socially conservative standard.

It's not like his wife doesn't know they are getting divorced, so she's not being hurt by any of this (at least no more than their breakup has already caused, I don't know the specifics of their situation). Celebrities all over the world are held to ridiculous standards by the press but it seems obvious here that no harm is being done. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#7642 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:54 PM

Maro cares about what people think right up until the point that she doesn't. She could easily release an apology just because she knows it's expected or if she's told to do so after being exposed, but then not actually care enough about what other people think in that moment to change anything once she's made up her mind. From all I know of Watanabe, his immediate thought after seeing the cameras probably would have been how to spin it for promotion. If it was staged all along, I have to give props for a believable if still somewhat comical pairing, but I don't really see it being very impactful even if it's negatively received. If they are actually dating, the immediate worst case (aside from possibly being sued by Watanbe's ex, just because) would possibly just mean that Maro might get kicked out of the group, which I don't think is going to make anyone who is still mad at Seiko particularly sad to see Maro removed from that situation.

In most dating scandals, I'd be more annoyed by the double standards or the fear that an idol I like may be immediately locked out of their current career, but I have a hard time taking this situation seriously since the scandal-non-scandal of it all doesn't put much on the table compared to the already existing unease with the group dynamics. At this point, I can only see any outside pressure on ZOC (or zoc) as a net positive. If any group could find a way for it to spiral though, this is the one.

#7643 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 03:50 PM

OK.  I'm going to say it;  What the actual 他媽的 chingazo kiki mo pinche f!ck is the "scandal" in this situation?

The whole "no dating" tradition in Jpop idol groups is infantile to begin with (and as I understand it, illegal as a contract provision under Japanese labor laws), but in this case, what the hell would even begin to constitute a "scandal"?  i don't think that the more grown up fans expect most WACK group members to keep their pants on all the time (I thought it was an open non-secret that Aina the End has a BF, among other things), And if ZOC/zoc members aren't supposed to get in relationships like theoretically semi-adult human beings, I don't know what kind of edge they're supposed to be living on.  Treating this like some kind of actual scandal is the reducto ad absurdum of warped fan/trash-journalism psychology.  I really hope (and pretty much trust) that they were both 100% utterly insincere in their "apologies", because that's all the situation deserves.

But, looking at it as an actual relationship (and not a thoroughly overboard publicity stunt):

• It's theoretically possible that they might actually turn out to be good for each other.  (I know it's extremely unlikely, but I've seen stranger things.)
  • In any event, there's a reasonable chance that they won't actually kill each other.  (Although I'm not sure that I'd want to bet money on it.)
  • It's marginally possible that Watanabe will wind up being in Maro's corner and serve as a counterbalance to Seiko in any intra-ZOC/zoc conflicts.  (Although I realize that it's equally if not more likely that Watanabe and Seiko will simply take turns abusing Maro like some psychotic tag team.)
  • We might get some interesting ongoing music collaborations out of it.  (I think that's an actual possibility!)

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#7644 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 08:05 PM

Found this on a Wota In Translation thread about Maro and Aibon becoming Twitter friends. This comment is dated 6/3/16:

"Maro-chan is just too annoyingly clever — she wouldn’t ever repeat the kind of mistakes Kago-chan made. And besides, she loves herself."

#7645 Nagaregumo

Nagaregumo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 10:16 PM

Found this on a Wota In Translation thread about Maro and Aibon becoming Twitter friends. This comment is dated 66/3/16:
"Maro-chan is just too annoyingly clever — she wouldn’t ever repeat the kind of mistakes Kago-chan made. And besides, she loves herself."

Salty...

At this point, I wonder if Maro goal is to leave zoc? With a producer as a boyfriend, she has new options now.
I also have a lot of questions about ZOC's management team. We all know Seiko is a shitty producer. But what about the managers? Who is taking care of the girls? Also, everytime something is happening with the band, Seiko is suddenly focusing on her solo career. And she leave the band with no activities. Since the coloboration announcement between ZOC And BIS, we have no news, no events, no pictures with the two groups members during rehersal. Seiko is focusing on MAPA and her solo activities. For Maro, who is acustomed of H!P organisation, it may be annoying.

#7646 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

I wouldn't want to put Watanabe ahead as a producer over Maro concerning mental issues XD.

#7647 Nagaregumo

Nagaregumo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:25 PM

Kanon is back after a small pause. So after all it was true.... I can't believe it  :omg:

In two days there is a wedding event for Maro and Nishii Marina's cats.

I wouldn't want to put Watanabe ahead as a producer over Maro concerning mental issues XD.

Well, being Kanon's boyfriend is probably not easy too, let's be honest lol

#7648 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 04:23 PM

In two days there is a wedding event for Maro and Nishii Marina's cats.

Err, do cats marry each other? Or is this a fancy way to say about mating? (I'm not trolling or trying to be snarky, just generally curious if cat marriage is a thing in Japan)

caCYGi9.jpg

#7649 Nagaregumo

Nagaregumo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:59 PM

Apparently it's a talk event. But they probably organized a fake wedding ceremony for the cats. Chabu is popular among Maro's fans (It may be the same with Marina's cat).

I hope it's not for mating lol Because making fans pay for that is a bit.... :huh:

#7650 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:49 PM

Maybe the cats can sit down with Maro and give her some good, sensible relationship counseling.  XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#7651 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 07:30 AM

Maro's ZOC @ Nakano Sunplaza vlog:

#7652 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 07:08 AM

Maro recaps the year, looking cute af.

#7653 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 08:17 PM

Summary of Maro`s year:

"I'm in a group full of girls mentally ill, an old lady crazy as hell scream and beat on me and an old gross married dude **** at me. Happy new year to everyone!"    :santa:

But yeah, she still looks insanely cute and at this point of Maro´s chaotic life thats the thing that matters.   :lol:

#7654 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:20 PM

In spite of her life being a mess, she's still one of my all-time favorites. She's a complete performer, one of the best voices in H!P history. She was ALWAYS my favorite S/mileage member.

#7655 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:07 AM

A very upbeat Maro pimps a t-shirt featuring her cat. Only ¥3500!

https://nakagoodchan.../items/56965507

#7656 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:26 PM

Am I the only one who has issues with the eye makeup?

#7657 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:02 AM

That's the trend in Japan right now. The red eyeshadow + drawn tearbags make them look like cute damsels in distress to be protected against the big evil world.

I personally find her to be her best-looking ever right now.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#7658 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

#7659 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:34 AM

I shared this on Sakichy's forum and wanted to share them here too.

I found these treasures on YouTube.

#7660 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:54 PM

Happy 27th birthday to Maro! Just a reminder, she's almost a year older than Mai Hagiwara.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users