• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#41 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the preview! That's what I love about Canaria Club: they are so naif and so fun to watch that they strengthen my hope that Japanese pop will never become like any other pop music in the world :)

The outdoor shooting is another big plus ^_^
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#42 Lethal Injection

Lethal Injection

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

just found the full PV for Nishiki Kazare

Goodbye Eri, Jun and Lin video <---- clicky :D
NGP is the greatest!!

Posted Image

#43 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

Fun song, and what a great PV. Nothing like the covers suggested, and my estimate was way off, but look at this, a very simple PV, probably small budget, on a indies label afterall, and yeah it's nice to wtach with multiple different shots. I knwo a certain project group who couldn't certainly do with following it's example <3

I only go - UP! UP!

#44 whale

whale

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

^Is TNX an indies label?
What makes an indies label different from major?
I've always wondered.

#45 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:34 AM

TNX is indeed. An indies label isn't that much different I don't think >_> I always thought it was a matter of money~

I only go - UP! UP!

#46 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

er well they don't have the money to promote like major labels

quoting wiki it's a 'do-it-yourself approach to recording and publishing.' more money goes to the artists(so in this case the girls and tsunku) and less to the company itself.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#47 ^Rino^

^Rino^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 978 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

I gotta agree that the PV is really nice. The song is nothing like the cover lol but I still like it. It's fun and springtime-ish. I like how the song has quite a bit of duo/solo singing, with Ayumi, Mana, Mikiho and Yuri taking the leads it seems. They sound great!

#48 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

Nice catchy song, but the dancing in the video really makes you appreciate the skill level of our Musumes.
Posted Image

#49 whale

whale

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

Oh okay thats good then.
So Tsunku would probably make more from a Canaria Club single than a Momusu one?
I guess that explains why he started TNX

#50 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Nice PV, thanks for sharing <3 <3 <3

So Tsunku would probably make more from a Canaria Club single than a Momusu one?

First of all, Happy birthday :)

Hmmm, Canaria Club sell twenty times lower than MM :o . Not much room for Tsunku to make a huge profit there; unless he takes them on tour, a guaranteed source of income, especially for a new group like them.

#51 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

Nice PV, thanks for sharing <3 <3 <3

First of all, Happy birthday :)

Hmmm, Canaria Club sell twenty times lower than MM :o . Not much room for Tsunku to make a huge profit there; unless he takes them on tour, a guaranteed source of income, especially for a new group like them.

Maybe it's enough that he doesn't have to report to UFA boss, Yamazaki Naoki.
Posted Image

#52 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Slightly off topic, but here goes: "indie" in Europe is a label supporting a more or less non-mainstream sound, run by one or two people who actually pay for the cd/dvd pressings out of their own pockets, do very limited copies (because they cannot afford more!), get very little radio promotion, very little advertising and are supported mainly by hardcore fans.

Does that sound anything like TNX? :good: :lol: <3

OK, back on topic:

How often do you see Tsunku himself supervising the shootings of MM PVs? Not too often.

Well, during the shooting of "Seishun Banzai" he was there. Not one, not two but three of him (LOL)

Posted Image

The result? Same as MM PVs, if not worse ^^; XP XP

#53 whale

whale

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:30 AM

First of all, Happy birthday c13.gif

Haha thanks. Now I can drink well now I can drink legally ^^

Oh wow he produces their PV's.
That would save costs too.
It'd be nice if he paid more attention to some of the other tnx artists though ^^;
Poor TAKERU and Peachy.

#54 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

Slightly off topic, but here goes: "indie" in Europe is a label supporting a more or less non-mainstream sound, run by one or two people who actually pay for the cd/dvd pressings out of their own pockets, do very limited copies (because they cannot afford more!), get very little radio promotion, very little advertising and are supported mainly by hardcore fans.

Does that sound anything like TNX? :lol: ^^; XD

Ah but the phrase 'indie' used to describe a sound of music came from the type of groups on independent labels and often these bands will refuse major record deals to keep their 'indie' image ok.
That said TNX is definately an indipendent label regardless of that. It's funny though i was explaining to a friend who knows nothing about jpop how they can have girl groups on indipendent labels over there! That would never happen here.
AKB48 also started indie, so that's a good sign for Canaria Club.

Also if you're searching on cd japan for them, they're uner Kyanari Club

@whale, they may also be TNX but canaria club are part on NGP, which is fully launching this month so for that to be successful he needs to promo them!

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#55 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

First time I listened to Canaria Club. All I can say is they have good singers. I think their singers are better than Airi, but not yet able to challenge Berryz. But in terms of showmanship they can't touch C-ute yet. They need alot of work to do if they, as NGP, seriously want to go up against H!P girls.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#56 ^Rino^

^Rino^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 978 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

lol Zam, no offence to Berryz but the 3 main singers are WAY in front of any of the H!P Kids. In regards to the showmanship, well that's to be expected. They are far less experienced.

#57 whale

whale

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

@Blu-Cherri
Totally forgot about NGP.
I wonder if anyone else will be added to NGP from TNX.
Like Peach and Cherry :good:?

#58 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

TNX is only run by a few people, Tsunku is the guy running it then he pays from his own pocket for any other workers and as far as i can tell he pays for all the stuff and then makes the money on it(the girls do make some money but really not much...the 18+members will make real money whereas the younger ones probably don't)
Also they really don't get much advertising cept for on kokuch-chi....unless you were meaning that that does sound like TNX and i've read that totally wrong...so hard to tell sarcasm on text.

TNX is an independent label(as is Avex if you didnt know that, the largest one i believe..like in general it's the largest)

Indie =/= independent label, though in euproe+usa etc all indie bands are on independent labels and that is where the name came from

I love how TNX is run by tsunku, it's his way of escpaing UFA xDxD I really hope NGP does well and he brings more eggs over if so.

Also about to pre-order Canaria Clubs new single! My first canaria club purchase! <3

EDIT: look at these girls, out in akihabara promoting the tsunku theatre play they were in with the possible(the one i just ordered off CD japan along with their new single!)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#59 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

EDIT: look at these girls, out in akihabara promoting the tsunku theatre play they were in with the possible

LOL, bringing back the days of "Ai no tane". I love those girls :good:

On to something else:

Requested by kevin mexico: Scans of Canaria Club’s CDs (front sides only). Click to enlarge:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Print and enjoy!

“Sweet and toughness” does not have a cover. I posted the insert photo-card in NGP’s thread a while ago. Too bored to check right now!

In any case, I totally recommend that you buy the originals! They are ichiban!

#60 RyuBatsu

RyuBatsu

Mugen RyuBatsu VJ_Ego

• Senpai
  • 601 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

Just started to like the group. I was surprised when the oldest member was 23 years old while the youngest is only 11. And they do have great voices.

By the way, they have a concert with the Possible right? B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users