• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#1 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

In my opinion she is the most underrated member of Vuden. without a doubt in my mind the best singer (not that the others are bad) and she could easily be a solo artist in the likes of someone like Aya Matsuura. I always look forward to seeing her perform anything live.

Still no solo photobook which is a real shame and something that i hope is rectified soon. Although she did have one with Yui Okada and there is off course a Vuden one as well.

IMO the most talented (vocally) member of HP to ever come from the HP eggs and proves to be a valuable member of Vuden

#2 Muni

Muni

Where the Wild Reinyas Are~

• Senpai
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

The best v-u-den IMO and one of my favorites H!P members.
She's (very) talented, (very) pretty and (very) funny.

Gotta :)

#3 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

Well another interesting fact is that she was initially meant to be a solo artist however at the time they decided that Vuden was a better idea.. However we do get glimpses every so often of what could of been.

#4 Lethal Injection

Lethal Injection

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

she is totally my fav member of v-u-den and should have totally been a soloist , i think that would have been better :)

Goodbye Eri, Jun and Lin video <---- clicky :D
NGP is the greatest!!

Posted Image

#5 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

I see no reason why she could not be both. I like Vuden alot and im glad they made the unit but Erika being solo at the same time would just be great.

#6 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

Erika is my favorite in Viyuuden. She's a great singer, very pretty, and, from what I've seen in her few appearances in H!M, she's also pretty funny. ("Dude, that seriously hurt!" :) ) And she really is the most underrated member of the group. As much as I love the other two, Erika seems to get overlooked the most (Yui is a real underdog in the group too, but she's enough of one that people tend to notice her for that reason, making Erika an underdog even in terms of underdoggery).
Plus, how can you not love her after seeing this picture? <_<
Posted Image

I had no idea that she was meant to be a soloist originally. On the one hand, I'd have really liked that because there'd be a lot more opportunity to hear her sing, but on the other, she probably is in a lot more singles because she's in Viyuuden, and she probably wouldn't have appeared in Haromoni otherwise.

She does, indeed, need a solo photobook... especially now that they've been releasing such good ones lately.

E:

I see no reason why she could not be both. I like Vuden alot and im glad they made the unit but Erika being solo at the same time would just be great.

That's a point. I'd quite enjoy seeing that.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#7 「☆☆☆」

「☆☆☆」

恋のMerry-go-round

• Senpai
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Her voice is the best in the group and she's really pretty. Sadly every group in Hello! Project has an "underrated" member, and Miyoshi just happens to be one. Even though there is no reason for her to be it. x_x I'd like to see a photobook with her in it, she's so cute when she smiles ^^

#8 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

*does happy ninja dance in Erika's new thread*

Outstanding, recognition at last! x_x

I'm going to paraphrase Himalia and say that Erika really is the glue that holds Biyuden together musically. Her voice offsets Yui's nicely and adds power to Rika's. Her range is impressive on her own, but with the others she can make magic. And lets not forget that Erika can hold her own physically as well.

Speaking of physical, the lack of a solo PB is strange considering it's seems to be one of UFA's best selling items. She proved she has the body for it in "Fleur de Fleur" many times over. I've never been so jealous of clothing as I was of that blue two piece she wore for her solo bikini shots. Rounded and "full of motion" (Fumi) is nice, but sleek and refined is just as sexy. Makes we wonder if perhaps there is a hidden reason she hasn't made one.

#9 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

Nice idea to start an individual thread for Erika, my favourite Biyuden girl and one of my top-5 H!P girls ^_^

I posted this gif a while ago in Biyuden's thread. I hope you like it:

Posted Image
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#10 qilver

qilver

Experienced Relational Coordinator

• Validating
  • 1477 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

wow, an individual thread for Erika, my favorite Vu-den girl, i feel she could do well if she went solo. And it would be so nice if she finally got her own photo book, since the other two have theirs.

#11 Zephyr

Zephyr

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:46 PM

Erika has her own thread now! I'm so pleased ^.^! Viyuden's Ai Ai Monogatari PV was my introduction to H!P, and Erika caught my eye right away.

I've always wondered what it would be like if Erika had gone solo. She has a very unique look, and could have been very successful musically (Miyoshi's "Hitorijime" solo, anyone?). But I agree with Garlix, she probably wouldn't have as many singles as she does now. Also, even though she has support, I'm not quite sure she has the fanbase to pull off a solo carrer right away. Perhaps if Rika ever wanted to go solo, Yui and Erika could team up, as a sort of GAM-ish unit.

I'm *not* saying that Viyuden should split -- there's a strange vocal interaction in their music that's quite charming -- but I've been speculating about their future since we found out that their next album is a Best Of album.

#12 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

But I agree with Garlix, she probably wouldn't have as many singles as she does now.

With Maki Goto out of H!P, we never know how things could have turned out! Anyway, I had no idea the initial concept for her was to go solo, it kind of struck me when I read it here! Such a pity!

Also, even though she has support, I'm not quite sure she has the fanbase to pull off a solo carrer right away.

A signer does not fit into an already existing fanbase; a singer creates a fanbase! If she went solo (like Miki did when she first started), there would be a big fan-following for her, no doubt. XD

but I've been speculating about their future since we found out that their next album is a Best Of album.

*sniff* *sob*

#13 Zephyr

Zephyr

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

A signer does not fit into an already existing fanbase; a singer creates a fanbase! If she went solo (like Miki did when she first started), there would be a big fan-following for her, no doubt. <3

Ah, true! I suppose I'm used to seeing solo acts come out of MoMusu (Abe Natsumi, Goto Maki, etc.) who already have huge fanbases. I've no doubt that Erika could create a following as well! (all of us, for example).

Aww, don't cry ^.^ My speculation is just that, and I don't think there's any real sign of a split. I'm just wondering if this Best album is one of those things we'll look back on and say "Oh, -that- was what that was all about" (similar to Goto's "scheduling conflicts" announced some weeks ago).

In a perfect world, perhaps Erika could do Viyuden -and- a solo career, or release just one single by herself, like Takahashi did. Oh, the possibilities!

#14 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Erika could do Viyuden -and- a solo career, or release just one single by herself

It's a pity you don't work for UFA as a managind director or something, you could indeed help make this world a "perfect" world! :cold: Those people in those offices, in many occasions, lack one basic thing: Common sense...

Now stop drooling! :D :wacko: :good:

Posted Image

(Reposted from Biyuden thread)

#15 Zephyr

Zephyr

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

Those people in those offices, in many occasions, lack one basic thing: Common sense...

True! Although they have come up with some very good things over the years, occasionally they miss small but important truths, such as "More Miyoshi is *always* a good thing."

That picture is pure love; where is it from?

#16 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Erika~!!! :w00t: Nahhh, I'm happy other people really enjoy her :GGRR: She's easily one of my top 3 members of H!P, mainly 'cause she's adorable and has such an awesome voice.

Even though I love her and all, I think would be a terrible soloist. She seems kinda shy and doesn't have a lot to say. Soloist need to be interesting to talk to (Like Aya) and just really stand out. Erika is awesome, but she doesn't compeate to stand out enough, she seems to hang around and wait for her opprotunity to come for her to stand out instead of leaping for it at any moment.

#17 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

Well i think Erika Miyoshi does have what it takes to be solo the thing is in the group V-u-den Yui Okada and Rika Ishikawa are very extrovert and that kind of makes her fade alittle. But you are right there is something adorable about her, just this kind of niceness about her :GGRR:

#18 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

That picture is pure love; where is it from?

Not the slightest idea!!!

Soloist need to be interesting to talk to

Soloists, in my opinion, need to be able to sing well and fill the stage by themselves (like, ehm, Aya?!). In that sense, I am not sure whether Erika can do the latter yet but I'm sure she would, if she had to, i.e. if she had to do a full solo concert, not just one solo song in a Biyuden gig.

Oh, BTW, your avatar says it all!!! :good:

#19 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:44 AM

*returns to do his happy ninja dance in Erika-chan's thread*

Erika as a true solo act? Never really thought about it. Haven't thought about any of them going solo, they've always been Biyuden.
I wonder if she could 'fill the stage' as Alien put it? If she could if she has to, isn't that forcing the issue which could be bad in the long run?
Besides, I like her as she is. She's kind of like the pearl you find once you get past the Biyuden shell. If you don't look closely, you'll miss her.
Which makes her even more special once you do find her.

#20 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:57 PM

Very well said. I didn't think of it like that before, but now that it's been put that way, I agree.
The fact that she doesn't get so much exposure does make Erika all the more special.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like her to appear more in Biyuuden's singles. <3
(Or that that's what you are saying either, Ninjakat.)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users