• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

I've just watched the final episode of this hard hitting and gripping late night dorama about bullying in high school that was shown in Japan over the Summer period. It's shocking and difficult to watch at times but I'm glad I saw it right through to it's conclusion. The gravure idol Kii Kitano is awesome as the bullied girl Ayumi who vows to fight against the clique led by the evil and manipulative bitch Manada played by Saki Fukuda.

It was voted the no.1 in the Oricon Summer satisfaction rankings just in front of Papa no Musume and Hana no Kimi. If you haven't seen it then give it a go.

#2 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

Will definitely check it out as soon as the subs are done since from what you're explaining it sounds like those where it's better to watch it all at once. I hate when a series does something that makes you angry or disturbed and you have to wait a week (or longer in this case since subs don't seem to be done yet) to see if the situation gets resolved.

#3 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

I watched all of LIFE within a space of 24 hours, I was so hooked into the storyline and I hope you will be as well. It provoked strong feelings by myself whilst watching it especially concerning the teachers at the school where the bullying is taking place.

I got all the episodes subbed from the Stage6 site.

#4 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

I've just watched the final episode of this hard hitting and gripping late night dorama about bullying in high school that was shown in Japan over the Summer period. It's shocking and difficult to watch at times but I'm glad I saw it right through to it's conclusion. The gravure idol Kii Kitano is awesome as the bullied girl Ayumi who vows to fight against the clique led by the evil and manipulative bitch Manada played by Saki Fukuda.

It was voted the no.1 in the Oricon Summer satisfaction rankings just in front of Papa no Musume and Hana no Kimi. If you haven't seen it then give it a go.

ah!
I voted in those rankings; I wanted to see how they turned out! Where can I find them? I'm actually sort of surprised it came out number 1, just because it's... really just a depressing series. I really liked it, but I absolutely can't stand watching the absense of justice go by completely in that series. :P I wanted to scream every time... sigh. But I did like it. At school I used up all my week's bandwidth to watch it, so I had better like it. XD It was good.
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#5 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

I really like this jdrama it's my all time favorite.
Linlintan member of Linlin branch and WHOA Musha
Posted Image
The greatest Linlin fan ever!

#6 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

i also watched this drama just in a day..even there'll be exam in the next day ^^;
most of them that involved in this drama are unfamiliar for me..since i never see them before in other drama..
but,the storyline of this great!..
i wonder y this thread is so 'lonely'..hoho..
what i knew,this drama got the best rankin last season..

#7 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

@penagih_dadih: Well first off only 4 episodes were released, and I think most people are going with the subs opposed to watching the RAW's. So there isn't much to talk about... Anyway... I do like how most of the cast for this Drama are 'unknown' as I generally watch things with actors I am familiar with. But my sister convinced me to watch it so I did and i got HOOKED! Too bad SOS is slow at producing the subs for this awesome series, but that is understandable as they know they are slow and they say they are more or less they are working on multiple projects with just 1 translator I think...
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#8 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

@penagih_dadih: Well first off only 4 episodes were released, and I think most people are going with the subs opposed to watching the RAW's. So there isn't much to talk about... Anyway... I do like how most of the cast for this Drama are 'unknown' as I generally watch things with actors I am familiar with. But my sister convinced me to watch it so I did and i got HOOKED! Too bad SOS is slow at producing the subs for this awesome series, but that is understandable as they know they are slow and they say they are more or less they are working on multiple projects with just 1 translator I think...

Geh~..of coz i u just wait for SOS fansubber to release the sub,it'll take a long time..i dunno what's goin on with the team..
but,actually..this drama already completed with subs a long time ago..try check at veoh..there's a person who made the sub on his/her own..
i knew this in d-addcits forum..they said the translation not bad,n pretty fast..n then i wewnt to try..yeah..what they said is true..
yesterday i just checked that person acount..yerp..n its still "alive"~~~~~

#9 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:17 AM

Looks like the link to the subbed LIFE episodes.

Either that or you can search 'LIFE' on veoh which will take longer.

#10 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:55 AM

ok here's a question..
my fren asked me before...

in the first ep..we can see that,ayumu's best fren..suicide by jump from the building rite?
but,how come in the other ep..myb around 9th or 10th ep..she meet back with her best fren that already dead in the first ep?

huhu..anyone?

#11 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:44 AM

ok here's a question..
my fren asked me before...

in the first ep..we can see that,ayumu's best fren..suicide by jump from the building rite?
but,how come in the other ep..myb around 9th or 10th ep..she meet back with her best fren that already dead in the first ep?

huhu..anyone?

Her friend didn't actually die. She had tried to commit suicide by jumping into traffic (I believe it was that?), but she didn't die in the attempt, she was only severely injured. She still hated Ayumu, though. Poor girl, she never did anything... sigh.

Ah, and if anyone wants the OST, I'd be happy to share. :noo:
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#12 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:34 AM

yea rite..i just rewatched it last nite..
she didnt died..since the ambulance workers keep calling her to wake up[asking is her ok or not]..
huhu..

#13 chopper

chopper

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

I've also watched this drama, and i did infact like it...
Even though i felt depressed while watching it i had to keep on watching it so i could see how it ends.
After finishing it, i felt like the story was left incomplete and wanted more, maybe im just a sucker for "happy endings" :P

I know it was the last episode of the drama, but is that how the manga also ends or is there a chance for a second season?
And I also know, that noone here probably knows anything about a second season....but if the manga didnt end like this, or is still ongoing, then there's probably a chance :D

Love Kram <_<
Dont Laugh At A Mans One-sided Love, Wars Get Started Over Less!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ill be true, Ill be useful and Ill be chavalier......COME WHAT MAY <3

#14 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

I'm gonna watch this drama all over again, I really hate that crazy guy and the blackmailing girl.
Posted Image

#15 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

i still hope there'll be a 2nd season for this series..
since from the ending..ayumu's mission to stop the bullying in school still not end yet!~

#16 Redoran

Redoran

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Well yeah there's still a lot bullying going on but the show doesn't really have any major villains left, i doubt midori could replace mana, i mean she's got "lackey" written all over her ^^;. Of course they could just bring in a new bitch but that'd just be the same old thing, so i dunno what else they could do in season 2.

And as much as i hate mana i would like to see her team up with ayumu, should be pretty interesting. If they ever make season 2 im definitely gonna watch it whether its gonna be better or not than the first one. Ayumu herself is reason enough for me to keep watching it :rolleyes:

#17 Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

"OMEE NO SEKI NAI KARA!!!" :rolleyes:

#18 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:28 AM

Ayumu herself is reason enough for me to keep watching it

o_O..hahaha..same as me..
that's the main reason y i cant stop watching this series in a day from 1st to last ep

#19 Linlintan

Linlintan

Linlin's #1 Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2497 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

I don't think there's going to be a second season. Is it?
Posted Image

#20 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

Nice show this is~ Didnt know that there is already this thread.

Well... What can i say bout this show ? Hmm Kitano Kii is cho kawaii! lol

The first few episodes is very easy to breeze through though the mid-late part

can be a bit difficult to watch through. In the end though i am glad i finish. Looking

forward to seeing more performance from Kitano and Fukuda in future :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users