26 replies to this topic

#21 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

Bring this thread back ^_^

I've played quite a few games in my childhood but the ones I spent the most time on were MMORPGs.

In particular:

Runescape and Maplestory

I played Runescape from about 2006-2008 and that game taught 9/10 year old me a very important lesson which was NEVER trust what anyone says on the internet, because i gave the password to some random person because they convinced me that they were mod. (THEY LIED...)

And for Maplestory I played from about 2008-2009 but still go on every now and then to check out the new updates and such, because it is one of my favourite games.

#22 Konohita

Konohita

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

^ I've played MapleStory too! Played from 2006 until 2010 I think~

Games influenced me the most were Final Fantasy VIII and Silent Hill 1-4 :lol:

Made some FFVIII Cosplays as well~~ (Edea Kramer, Selphie, Rinoa)

I'm planning to have a Final Fantasy VIII themed wedding someday  :c18:

#23 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

Mine is definitely the first Legend of Zelda. My mom played NIntendo before I was even born, so as soon as I was old enough to hold a controller, she let me play as well! At this point in my life, I have the game so memorized, I can beat it in one sitting (the first quest anyway)

#24 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

All my favorites are PS2 games, these five were pretty much my childhood

1. SSX Tricky 

My first ever game. I saw my parents' friends' kids play it and wanted a PS2 just so I could play it. I did not understand English and held the x-button all the way doing the slope. That is the jump button and if you hold it your turning capabilities decrease a lot. Still I won my first race -> instant happiness and hooked ever since  

2. Tekken Tag Tournament

Great characters + great fighting + great bowling = so fun and it was also my 2nd game I owned. Like Tricky I discovered it at the same place... Their son really opened many new worlds to me... Playstation, PC gaming, banned stuff I was way too young to see and torrenting. He was both a good and bad influence.  ^-^

3. SSX 3

Bigger, bloder and an experience. Every single part of the game had been improved, open world, money customization, challenges, fantastic soundtrack and a different feeling compared to Tricky. It was also the "biggest" game I had growing up, the size of it and the hours you could spend with it were insane. 

4. Tekken 4

No tagging involved so only one character to fight with at the time. My favorite character was on a hiatus but Xiaoyu was good enough. The Tekken Force mode was supreme... even if I only ever managed to reach level 3. 

5. Soul Calibur 2

An intresting different fighter compared to what I was used to. It had a character similar to my favorite Tekken Tag fighter and the Weapon Master mode was great. 

Honorable mentions to:

Watching that family friends' son Play Postal 2 in 2003. I was 8 and it is probably a good thing I did not understand much of what was going on... but what I did understand was horrifying!

Sims 2 I loved being able to simulate life, design rooms and pretty sims. I also loved the way the sims looked in the sims 2. Lastly Amnesia The Dark Descent... Years of nightmares from this game, it is incredible and I don't think I have ever been so scared. Horror movies alone at midnight, walking in the woods in darkness, going to Japan on my own for a trip... None of it scares/scared me. Amnesia on the other hand did and the fact that they were made by Swedish people from the south in a city that I love and hearing their developer commentary in with their accents... Well it is creepy, it made my mind explode and I never knew video games could be scary until that point. And now I am off to have nightmares!  :good:

To (hopefully) avoid nightmares I will share two happy memories of young gaming:

I don't think it was FIFA but it was a football game. I did not understand "how to be good at it," so I changed the rules!  :w00t: Me and my friend tried winning by being on the best team vs the worst team and then tackle every one we could find. I did a similar thing with Gradn Turismo "bump in to every car because I can't win by playing fair." :lol:  

#25 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Super Mario 64 is my favorite game in my childhood. The Mario characters always had a dear place in my heart. Best Soundtrack EVER. 

Mischief Makers is the second game I used to play all the time on Nintendo 64, second best soundtrack. 

Also bomber-man, mostly because of the music, I hated that he can't jump.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#26 ensorcelledAubade

ensorcelledAubade

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Probably Pokemon Leaf Green (The first non Barbie game I owned, before then i'd just played my brothers)

and Ocarina of Time and Sonic Adventure 2

#27 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

Nothing beats MGS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users