• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

Either from your early gaming days of Mario and Doom 2 to Halo 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 games, out of all of'em you've tried out, which one has put a major impact on you? It doesn't have to be you favorite game, it could be a game that made you cry, or maybe a game that had long term affects on you...Share!!!

MY PICKS:

Metal Gear Solid Series - Personally i think this is more of a piece of art than a game, i always compare other game's storylines to this because Metal Gear Solid has some really complex story lines... Its definently right there on the top of my list for best videogame. Sucks that MGS2 is not BC with the Xbox360. :P

Street Fighter II - First game i ever played, and still to this day a huge fan of the series. No other fighter comes close to the good/fun gameplay and the cast of characters...

StarCraft - It's not one of my favorite RTS games, but it was the only one i was good at online. I enjoyed that tactical side of the game and coming up with original tactics for myself. It was also the first game i played online.

Halo 2 - the FPS that got me hooked on online play! If any FPS come out, it always compared to H2. Sure, the storyline sucks and MC is a boring hero, but H2 is the BEST multiplayer game i've ever played, and still play (well now that H3 is out...kinda still play) ^^;

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#2 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

I'm not much of a gamer, but here are my picks:

Escape Velocity:
I spent countless hours conquering planets when I was younger. I don't play it anymore, though. I just love the freedom you have in this game.

Oni:
I still play this one. I haven't found any other third-person action game with such appealing hand-to-hand combat integration.

EDIT:
Ahh, I forgot one:
Exile III and Blades of Exile:
Again, this one is pretty old and graphics aren't really OMGish but I really love the plot.
さん…?%&#ぜn

#3 jangster

jangster

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:40 AM

There are lots from the time when I used to play more... But I think two would have to rise above everything else, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Those two games are pretty damn near to what I would call a perfect game. Other than those, Super Mario Brothers. I don't think I can ever forget the time when I got my first console, NES, back in '92 I think (damn it's been so long). Hmm, what else... Doom, Doom II and Duke Nukem 3D, they made me realize that games won't be limited by anything else than imagination. And the early Resident Evil series, they made an everlasting impact as well.
Posted Image

#4 Iselore

Iselore

^新垣里沙^

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

Definitely Final Fantasy, the series made me got into japan stuff.

#5 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

Contra 1;
& Red Alert 1; that's where I knew Kane, never played C&C1 :P

#6 JaeCee

JaeCee

All your Risa are belong to JaeCee

• Senpai
  • 1147 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

Mm, time to go back in time.

Earliest bunch of games I can remember are super old school. Commander Keen, Tyrian, Escape Velocity, Robotrek, Crystal Caves, Quest for Glory Series, Sierra Adventure Games (like King's Quest, Space Quest, etc) .. was a very avid gamer. And I was only 8 or 9 or so. :blush:

But even earlier than that, from when I was around 5, we had a NES with hundreds of games. Best ones I can remember are original mario, balloon fight, mappy (if you know that game you rock. :blush:), Contra, Megaman 1 - 3 .. man. Way too many to count.

Fast forward a fair bit, I was playing FF 1-6, Chrono Trigger and whatnot on SNES. C&C1, first legit game I ever bought. :P
Then I got my PS1, FF7-9 and MGS rocked, so did Chrono Cross. Those were the days. :P
Posted Image

#7 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

Probably the Delta Force series, up to (but not including) Black Hawk Down. Multi-player mode of course; single-player was always far too easy.
I used to play these games for hours almost every day, for 3 or 4 years, so I guess you could say I was addicted. For most of that time I was a member of a couple of "squads", and the playing as part of a team aspect made it all the more fun. I have lots of good memories from those years. :blush:

The game that had the biggest life-changing influence on me was the first one I ever played, Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss, since it made me sit in front of the computer many hours every day for months. :P :P

#8 zabel

zabel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

Street Fighter II / Dark Stalkers - epitome of what a fighting game should be

Starcraft - epitome of what a RTS should be

Resident Evil 4 - epitome of what a single-player FPS should be

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - epitome of a 2D action adventure

others:
Dance Dance Revolution
Tetris
Shadow of the Colossus
Tokimeki Memorial
Sakura Taisen
Xenogears
Golden-Eye
old-school Mario games
old-school Contra games
Metroid, Super Metroid, Zelda, Mega Man 2, all the rest of the classics
text games too
Posted Image

Lovelitude - All about Aichan and her web talk show Ichigo ichie

#9 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

Earliest bunch of games I can remember are super old school. Commander Keen, Tyrian, Escape Velocity, Robotrek, Crystal Caves, Quest for Glory Series, Sierra Adventure Games (like King's Quest, Space Quest, etc) .. was a very avid gamer. And I was only 8 or 9 or so.

Commander Keen was awesome back in the day, forget Mario and Sonic. I remember i didnt realize i was only playing a trial version of it, so i was like...why cant i ever beat this game until i realized i had to buy the retail version :good:

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#10 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

super mario, first game i ever owned (on the SNES)
LoZ:OoT-kick ass game on teh 64
tales of phantasia-i loved taht game
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#11 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

Hmm, let's see...

Street Fighter 2 - an absolute classic, dunno how many hours I've spent in the arcade playing this. Beat 'em ups don't get no better than this.

Golden Axe - my first taste of a fantasy "rpg", played this to death along with a buddy.

Power Drift - still the best racing game in world, and probably always will be.

Wolfenstein 3D
and later on Doom - at the time, these were totally mindblowing. Wolf3D was really creepy, Doom was just nervewrecking. I remember playing Doom on my old 386 comp, with a tiny screen size in order to make it run without being all choppy. It was still one of the best gaming experiences ever. Chainsaw, w00t!

Dune 2 - first rts I played, which made me fall totally in love with the genre.

Diablo 1 & 2 - spent years playing these games. Necromancer with a blood golem and Iron Maiden ftw.

Final Fantasy VII - didn't take long to get me hooked on this one (and the subsequent games in the series of course).

#12 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

Here is my list.

Street Fighter II For pretty much the same reasons you guys posted.

Everquest This was just amazing to me. A complete virtual fantasy world. Words cannot properly describe my first experience with this MMORPG.

Final Fantasy VII One of the best games ever.

The Sims I loved creating my friends and I living in the same neighborhood as Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, and Superman. I spent so much time downloading and making skins for my sims.

Total Annihilation Over ten years old and I still play it. RTS at its best.

Halo Nothing beats those Sunday afternoons I would share with 8 to 10 of my friends. All linked up in the same house. Everyone screaming at each other from different rooms. "GET THE FLAG! GET THE FLAG!" XD

Dance Dance RevolutionHey this is a fun game and I'm losing weight.

Guitar HeroI just can't stop playing this game. So addicting.

Posted Image

#13 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

So many games have been influencing me such as Pokémon, Dynasty Warriors series,The Sims (also 2), FFX and GTA mainly.

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#14 SaraSaki

SaraSaki

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

Every game that I finish influenced me, but this more that anything:

Pokemon (Yellow) - This was my first ever game that I played~
Kingdom Hearts 2 - This game let me some marks that I won't be able to erase~
Gyakuten Saiban Series - Man, I really LOVE this games ♥
Zelda Skyward Sword - My favourite Zelda Game ;//;
And of course all Final Fantasys~

ºC: Maimi Chisa ~ MM'15: Eripon Kudo ~ An: Ayacho  Meimi  Murotan  Rinapuu

J=J: Sayubee - Yukanyan ~ CG: Momo - Manakan ~ KF: Ayapan

OG: Captain Reina Koharu Erika Sakitty

#15 maddogz33

maddogz33

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

My favorite game will always be Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. There have been many others that have influenced me, such as Halo 2, Final Fantasy, Pokemon games, and Diablo 2.

#16 tumblewush988

tumblewush988

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

First game I ever got to hold that started my gaming addiction was Chrono Trigger on the SNES. The gameplay was just so perfect back then for me at that age and it wasn't really that hard to understand From there, branched to more RPG titles like FF and Legend of Mana.

#17 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

poke

#18 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Final Fantasy or mostly anything RPG (as in squaresoft / square-enix style). some of the quotes from them i use. and the lessons too...

Dynasty Warriors Gundam series. As epic as the original Dynasty series is, you add my favorite anime to it makes it epic. What I love about this style the whole idea of me becoming an gundam pilot... makes me feel like i have power.... and also me versus hundreds or thousands of enemies, and i'm able to overcome them.... i try to apply that to life, "the odds seems overwhelming but if i keep 'fighting' i can succeed."

#19 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

My First addiction was Pokemon red back in the day when i was 7 or 8 wow oh wow i remember the day i bought the game off my friend for 1 dollar boy i was addicted.
bought all the pokemon games till i really felt my toll when Fire red and Leaf Green Came out. after that i stopped kind of.
but like many people, Final Fantasy of course was a big impact.
Fell in love with Golden sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for quite some time in Middle school. ahh i remember those days
Once i moved and went to college, online games became my addiction. for years i was hooked to Flyff (Fly For Fun) but due to bad updates and friends leaving i too became tired.
i came across a game at Costco: Tales of Symphonia for gamecube. i thought it was turn based, and thought i would spark up my golden sun and final fantasy interests. the gameplay and story kept me intrigued throughout the whole game. After ToS, i bought a PS2 just to play Tales of the Abyss which is my number 1 favorite game of all time to date, and currently don't think it will ever change.

i've been playing and searching for games to spark a big interest since then, can't seem to get myself hooked on any as much as before, maybe my gaming life has been cut. i play games for a max of maybe 2-4 weeks and i just never feel motivated to log back into them. I bought Diablo 3 when it came out, and out of the first 2 or 3 days, i played over 40+ hours. i believe i burnt myself out too quickly. but i still continue to think im not a gamer like i used to be back in High school.

But the game i consider to be the biggest impact on me was Yoshi's Island for SNES, loved that game and still do.

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

#20 se7en555

se7en555

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Pokemon & Final fantasy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users