• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#1 ♥ Risa

♥ Risa

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 916 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:01 AM

I've been thinking about giving Yui her own thread for awhile and I finally did~ I think Yui is probably one of my favorite singers. She seems so sweet & everytime I watch her I can't help but think "Omgosh she's adorable!"

Name: Okada Yui (岡田唯)
Nickname: Okappai
Birth Date: 1987-12-28
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Blood Type: A
Height: 158cm
Hobbies: Shopping, manicures, listening to music, and watching movies
-------------
Hello! Project Groups:
Hello! Pro Egg (2004)
v-u-den (2004–)
Shuffle Groups:
2004: H.P. All Stars

Posted Image

I just thought she deserves her own thread, especially after watching V-U-DEN's new PV ^^

#2 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

I think Yui has a unique look for a Japanese girl, especially with her beautiful wavy hair. I don't follow V-uden so I don't know how well she is as a performer. I saw their new PV but I can hardly make a comment based on 1 PV :chuu:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#3 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

I like the idea of a thread for Yui Okada. She is my favourite member of Vuden and one of my overall favourite members of Hp. She is great fun and does not mind being the butt of a joke. I adore her voice i find it so cute and she has a wonderfully unique look (in a good way). Yui Okada is a good soloist and i like in particular her solo of Ne and i think she did a wonderful version of Chance of Love. The sheer cheek in her persona is great when combined with the bubbly side of her its a winning combination.

Time for another solo dvd and/or photobook ? Yes well overdue in my opinion. Yes the custom pb earlier this year was nice but i would like to see another even if its a joint one with Erika Miyoshi.

#4 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

I like her a lot. Anyone who can hold her own against Charmy deserves attention. And as Himalia mentioned she has a good deal of self-humor which I adore

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#5 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

I really like Yui a lot too. She was my favorite member of V-uden until I started getting more and more into Erika (even now, if it's not a tie, it's at least really close).
She's a good singer, and I think she should get more lines in their singles (as it is, she gets the least, doesn't she?). I really liked her performance of Ne~e.
She was also a lot of fun to watch in Haromoni whenever she appeared.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#6 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Yay! Yui gets her own thread! I was wondering when somebody was going to give her one seeing as how all the group threads have been smashed into individual fragments.

Long overdue I think. At least here she can step from Rika's shadow and shine for us.

As stated by others her bubbly persona with a fair dash of spunk (cheek for Euros) makes for a winning combination that is a blast to watch. I adore her "Betty Boop" singing voice and love her long curly/wavy hair. I won't lie to you, her other assets have not gone unnoticed. But I can honestly say that even without her looks I would still be a fan.

One sligthly off topic question. Does this mean the the Biyuden thread will convert to a Rika one or should we start a new for her and archive the old combined thread?

#7 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

What is WITH all these new threads? I can't fricking find anything!!!
Wasn't this tried already? I recall from a few weeks ago someone trying to start a Yui thread that was shut down. I like Yui, but the Biyuuden thread was small enough as it is.
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#8 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

There is still a Vuden thread but sometimes it is better to speak about a specific member in there own thread as in some threads (mostly Berryz and C-ute as they have more members) can have more than one conversation taking place at the same time. While sometimes it can be a more general group topic being discussed. Afterall there still is a Vuden thread.

Back to Yui..

How many listen to the radio show v-u-den Miyoshi / Okada no Konya wa Futaribocchi. I particularly like Yui on this show anyone else listen to this show ?

#9 roon

roon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:43 AM

I adore Yui!! I love her sense of humor, like in the HPC news segments on H!M (the "sexy" arm thing she does), and in the skits.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This cracked me up so badly. She's so silly!

She's also pretty amusing when her Osaka-ben leaks out. :)

#10 codec

codec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:08 AM

What is WITH all these new threads? I can't fricking find anything!!!
Wasn't this tried already? I recall from a few weeks ago someone trying to start a Yui thread that was shut down. I like Yui, but the Biyuuden thread was small enough as it is.

i'm the other way around, and is my biggest gripe with this bored. i dont like dedicated threads with 500 pages. i think that way makes it even more difficult to find things.

#11 ♥ Risa

♥ Risa

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 916 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:16 AM

I adore Yui!! I love her sense of humor, like in the HPC news segments on H!M (the "sexy" arm thing she does), and in the skits.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This cracked me up so badly. She's so silly!

She's also pretty amusing when her Osaka-ben leaks out. :huh:

LOL! What show is that?! She looks so funny ^^
Haha, I love it on their album where both Erika & Rika yell at her about her Osaka accident and all she has to say is "Well don't you think it's alittle sexy?" ^_^
Yui, omgosh she's just so adorable :huh:

#12 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Look at the pretty pictures Himalia gave me! ^^;

Posted Image

#13 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:26 AM

Her Ne~e performance, followed by Rika going overboard to not be outdone.

#14 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cg54nw7FP5s" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=cg54nw7FP5s</a>

Yes yes, very sexy performance by both of them. But did Yui have a cold or something, her singing was horrible?

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#15 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

Yes yes, very sexy performance by both of them. But did Yui have a cold or something, her singing was horrible?

I don't think she had a cold! Her singing is just "clumsy" as usual, but by no means "horrible" :angry: :angry: :angry:

@ chrisron: Nice ones!!! *steaming jealous*
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#16 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

I chalk it up to the unpredictability of singing live.

#17 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:02 AM

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cg54nw7FP5s" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=cg54nw7FP5s</a>

I like to think that I'm a Biyuden fan for more than just the fanservice...

... what was I talking about again?

#18 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:35 AM

^^

I wanted to share that I just hurt myself laughing at your sig.

But I don't think Biyuden is all fan service.
Turn off the video and their songs are pretty good.
Not chart toppers, but I think they have talent.

*turns the video back on*
:good: :w00t: :P

#19 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

Biyuuden's a lot more than fanservice... great songs, great PV, awesome performances. Heck the fanservice is just the gravy on top. ^_^

Wait, maybe I shouldn't have used a gravy reference! :D :blink:

#20 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

Perhaps you meant to say that they are ice cream to are pudding. No that didn't help. :D

No really it have never occured to me that V-u-den or any member of it is purely fanservice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users