• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

I honestly had no idea that they exsisted! I saw a pv and i can honestly say that i like their music.(or at least the pv) Old school in your face stuff unlike the stuff they have today.

The group was formed in 2000 and consisted of Kitagami Ami and Oki Ibuki. The two had participated in the same audition that Matsuura Aya participated in and eventualy won. In 2001 Suenaga Mami joined the group making it a threesome. Later that year Oki Ibuki left the group and Arai Saki replaced her.

Sheki-Dol was disbanded in January of 2002, after having released only four singles. The official reason was that one of its members needed medical attention. It was later discovered that Mami had become pregnant.

the link to the video

group pic

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Yay! A sheki dol thread!

Their songs have been available for download here and there, but I have only managed to purchase only one of their singles ("Ai wa muteki", the last one they did) and it's actually pretty solid stuff! The title track is very nice (co-written by Tsunku, of course), but the coupling is really amazing, albeit Tsunku-free!

Here are the scans:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This group is recomended to ALL H!P fans, old, new or whatever!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#3 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

Oh! How nice that there's a Sheki-Dol thread! I absolutely love their songs. And they had a different flavor than the other H!P groups, which is always nice. I wish they'd been around longer, it'd be really interesting to see how their style would've evolved by now...

#4 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

Sheki-Dol? I never heard of them but I think I'll check them out! If someone could point me in the direction of a few mp3/pvs, please?

sheki-dol....how fun to say!

#5 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Sheki-Dol? i never heard of them either but they look hot :o if anyone know where i can see one their pv to download or even a mp3 so i can check them out?
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#6 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

@ sailormari and gaijin_mmlove: You can find three of their PVs on veoh and one on youtube--the one on youtube's link is in calmersac's first post. (That one's their most well-known, from what I can gather, and also my favorite.)

So apparently Oki-san is attempting work as a model, now...she's still lookin' beautiful:

Posted Image

Does anyone know what any of the other Sheki-dol girls are currently up to?

#7 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:37 AM

@ sailormari and gaijin_mmlove:

Yup, I got all singles. I'll upload them soon enough! So, check back this thread!

@ Nessy

GREAT Oki-san pic! As for the rest of them, your guess is as good as mine

#8 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

Thank you very much Alienpyon~!

#9 Megs

Megs

Kamei Eri

• Senpai
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:23 AM

I loved Sheki-Dol, it was sad they dibanded but they can't really do H!P while she was pregnant so it was the obvious choice. They did make good music though.

#10 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:48 AM

OK, here are Sheki Dol singles 2, 3 and 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ld5x3p

Haven't managed to locate their first one yet. As it's too late and I've got to take a nap right now, I'll try some more tomorrow!

(Credit for mp3 ripping goes out to a guy/girl whose name I forgot!)

#11 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:31 AM

Wow, thanks Alienpyon! :lol: I've never heard any of the coupling tracks before...I really, really like Ganbacchaumonne. :lol:

#12 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:04 AM

OK, here are Sheki Dol singles 2, 3 and 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ld5x3p

Haven't managed to locate their first one yet. As it's too late and I've got to take a nap right now, I'll try some more tomorrow!

(Credit for mp3 ripping goes out to a guy/girl whose name I forgot!)

Thanks Alien! I'll be sure to give these a listen~!

#13 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

thanks alien

hmmm not too bad i must say
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#14 yomusume

yomusume

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

thanks for the upload...

yeah i was wondering who they were..cuase i like their debut song...now i gotta see how the rest for their singles are
VReel.net Stage6 replacement site

#15 t0mmy

t0mmy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

anyone know why they disbanded?
Hasta los gatos quieren zapatos....

#16 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:23 AM

Sheki-Dol was disbanded in January of 2002, after having released only four singles. The official reason was that one of its members needed medical attention. It was later discovered that Mami had become pregnant.
Posted Image

#17 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

And this behavior is reason for H!P management does not allow members to have boyfriends.
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#18 CM4LIFE

CM4LIFE

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

could someone re up those singles please?

oh and i've always wondered, how come sheki-dol never appeared in pucchibest or the shuffle units
Posted Image

#19 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

oh and i've always wondered, how come sheki-dol never appeared in pucchibest or the shuffle units

Now, here's a good question, to which I do not know the answer :rolleyes:

To complicate things even more, Sheki Dol appeared only in two (!) H!P concerts, in both cases as a duo (!) and performed only one edited song in each gig. At least that's as much as I know; feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Not very active a unit, apparently...

#20 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:48 AM

I never heard of them before. I was just reading Wikipedia and saw their name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users