• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

How did you find out about Kamen Rider? Did you grow up with it or did you just recently learned about it. I know its a kids show and all but i still have a attachment to these type of shows. I remember watching Kamen Rider ZO and thinking that he was the coolest hero ever. I was angry when Saban brought it over to the states and killed any chance of success by taking out the good stuff... Yes by good stuff i meant the violence and deaths. As a child i loved it cause it was cooler than PowerRangers. As i rediscovered the New Generation of Riders i realized how corny these shows were but i couldnt stop watching. I find myself noticing all the stuff that makes this series so stupid but like i said before... The more mature themes and more violent fights and my childhood memories keep me watching them.

Who was/is your favorite Rider? Do you still watch Kamen Rider?

some pics of old gen riders

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

battle hoppa!!! NOOOOOO!!!! :crying
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:07 PM

kamen rider black was aired in the philippines back when i was a kid and so were other space sheriff and sentai series, so i grew up with them and can relate to how you feel.

my favorites among these are chodenshi bioman, space sheriff shaider and of course, kamen rider black.

nice post, btw. it reminded me of all these childhood heroes. <_<
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#3 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

I started to download Kamen Rider Black a while ago. Unlike some of the other Kamen Rider series this one is actually much darker - probably why I like it so much. When I was a kid we didn't have these types of shows on British TV until the 90's when Power Rangers came along and even then I hated it until I got hold of Zyuranger which was so much better. I bought the dubbed Bioman series last year as well which I really enjoyed. It doesn't matter to me that they're tagged as kids shows - I think they're great fun to watch.

#4 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:32 AM

all i remeber was watching it on the fox channel around the time power rangers was big. i've watched other sentai stuff this was the one i saw in english with ultraman :lol:

#5 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:06 AM

It doesn't matter to me that they're tagged as kids shows - I think they're great fun to watch.

i feel the same way. :lol:
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#6 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

i like the old riders better cause they were actual riders. they were it! bam! strike a pose and henshin!! most of the new guys need to put on a fancy belt and use cards,phones,flying bugs to transform. Faiz was cool but he had to carry a freaking case with him everywhere(of course he did have the ability to transform into something else without a belt). old school is better than the new stuff they show today. The saban Masked Rider Dex dosent count. I call him Masked Rider Dex cause he looks like RX but he isnt!
Posted Image

#7 hitokiri

hitokiri

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

I'd SAy hahahahahahahahaah!!!

I was first introduced into this tokatsu adddiction by the one and only saban's "crappy" adaptation of kamen rider black RX. It was one of my fav tv shows back then besides batman:TAS. The idea of this kamen rider thing really attracted me and I got hooked straight away. After that saban adaptation ended, i guess my kamen rider feeding really stopped there because I never had a chance to look for any "source" and origin of this stuff. When ryuki and 555 came out, I guess it refueled my passion for this franchise. In Malaysia where I live now, kamen rider black is the most popular and well known apart that ultra seven. Black was localy known as "Pejuang Kesatria Baja Hitam"( black night ..something.., hey i'm not that good on my malay). A few months ago I saw a dvd set of kamen rider black on sell, but I didn't get to obtain it 'cause, I just couldn't. Even my friends give me that "look" 'cause I still like watching it.

ps:
does anyone know if any figurine store has stock on SIC kamen rider black & shadow moon?(dying to have a set)

oh to the OP
which gashapon set has that fight scene between black sun and shadow moon( the one where battle hoppa sacrifices himself.. )
智齐, 你傻瓜,我是真心爱你,我很想你,我要崩溃了

#8 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:09 AM

i have no idea where to get that figurine..
Posted Image

#9 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:12 AM

there's such a thread?
lol i like Kamen riders a lot

cuz they have all the "1st kamen rider" is focused on skills
"2nd" is focused on power and stuff like that

but i realize in the recently ones i don't like them as much cuz they got confusing with the relationships between the good and evil riders (who later turns good)

and those unlimited versions of enemies are quite annoying :w00t:

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#10 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

Wandering around Akihabara...

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

@hitokiri>> In indonesia we called it "Ksatria Baja Hitam" not really that much different tho.. XD

I like kamen riders! It's my favourite TV show when I was a kid... Kamen Raiiidaaa Blacckk~~ XD I just found it a few weeks ago in youtube and I watched it again.... Man, how i miss the opening song... XD ^_^

Lately Im not following kamen rider again... >_< I stopped watching after Ryuki and Faiz (Kamen Rider 555), maybe I should find Kamen Rider Kabuto, is it good? :w00t:

Posted Image
Visit my blog: Kazenomise

#11 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:44 AM

kabuto is a good show. didnt like some of the rider designs but its worth watching.
Posted Image

#12 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

Tried getting into them all but only ones I stuck to watching were

Kabuto

Hibiki (I think the one with cards)

Den-O

Gave up on hibiki after about half-way..

Definitely recommend Kabuto and Den-O though

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#13 Kamen Rider Caucasus

Kamen Rider Caucasus

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

I actually got into Kamen Rider with KR Kabuto last year. Since then I've downloaded KR Faiz and Blade and I've been hooked. I've been loving Den-O lately.

@SacredCultivator: Blade was the one with the cards, Hibiki was the one with the instrument weapons.
Posted Image
Grandmother said this: "Men must be cool. Boiling water is but vapor."

#14 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Oh my god! I can't believe this thread is actually here! ^_^
Anyway,I was first introduced to Kamen Rider when I was little.Kamen Rider Black of course! :) That and Ultraman Ace are my childhood. ^_^ The henshin pose is the coolest ever! :) And Long Long Ago 20th Century,the ending song is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard. :) Sadly,I can't find the mp3 anywhere... :)

#15 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

@Kamen Rider Caucasus: There you go lol, Hibiki was the one I was thinking that had great Character Development ><
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#16 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

Started to watch Kamen Rider Den-O the other day. Only seen episodes 1 and 2 so far but I liked what I saw. The actress playing Hana in the series is hot.

#17 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

@Eryri: hehe I am sure you will love it as I didn't like it at first but after a few eps got hooked.

Also the lady that plays hana is actually Yuriko Shirtori who is also a Gravure Idol, so she should look hot =P

#18 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

I love it when Hana starts beating up that red Imajin Momotaros. She can smack me around anytime she wants he he!!!

#19 tetsuhighrose

tetsuhighrose

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

Used to watch old skool kamen rider when i was a kid(showa era),the now version of kamen rider i'm not interest.

#20 jumansalag

jumansalag

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:56 AM

Oh my god! I can't believe this thread is actually here! XD
Anyway,I was first introduced to Kamen Rider when I was little.Kamen Rider Black of course! :o That and Ultraman Ace are my childhood. :o The henshin pose is the coolest ever! XD And Long Long Ago 20th Century,the ending song is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard. :D Sadly,I can't find the mp3 anywhere... XD

Really? Well I have that song so if you want it :D (click on me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users