Photo

[HPS] Ribon no Kishi - The Musical (subtitled)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

So, I assume many of you have had the chance to see our newest subtitled release at this point. What did you think? Did the subs convey the story well enough? How did you like the singing? Did you like some songs better than others? Do you think I ask too many questions? Let's hear it!

#2 Tanakachi

Tanakachi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1176 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:13 PM

the subs were great!, i finally understand the story of it now, Thanks alot!!, and the songs were great!, the subs made the musical hundred times better! Thanks for the work!! :lol: :lol:
Master and Head of the Reina branch
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

loved it! :c16:
missed Ayaya & nacchi though...
but it was superb non the less :)
the subbs was great XD
but i was puzzled that the bad guy was Prime minister and not a Duke...
but that's of no imporentence anyways :lol:

loved the singing :lol:

fav scens(topp 3:
the short clip of the worlds two most beautiful "princes" fencing eachother in the first act...
the clip i liked the most must be; when the queen rivels that Sapphire is a girl in the first act!!
and my last fav must be about 15 min into the second act, prince Franz meets up with general Nouveau & Tortue :)

#4 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Have yet to watch the subbed one.. As I saw the RAW and was quite lost/bored so over the weekend I going to watch this with my sister and then re-comment.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#5 c00kies

c00kies

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:41 PM

Well i actually watched the raw file first and enjoyed it very much.

The subs made Aichan's, Mikitty's and Yossie's performance even better :lol:. I could only feel their emotions by the way they sang their lines/songs but with subs, it made it more meaningful(I had only a rough idea about what they were singing about). My favorite parts were...well...all the singing parts by Aichan(first song with Marcia was very gentle and sweet),Mikitty and Yossie(Duet with Miki was awesome).

Thanks for the efforts.

#6 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

Lovely-chan cryd when she sung :crying
I couldn't hold myself!! :crying
my cusin hit me and called me a woss for it....
of cours he ended up in a trash can shortly afterwards :lol:
but then my mom came and like...grounded me :lol:
:w00t!: I mean come on! is it even legal to ground a 16-17 year old?

#7 Airirin

Airirin

Konkon and Aichan fever

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

Thanks sooo much for the subs! It was really great and made the musical even better with the subs! All the songs were great!

Thanks for the effort!
BEWARE I AM A THIEF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. AVOID ALL CONTACT WITH ME AT ALL COST.

#8 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:08 AM

I haven't seen the whole thing just yet but I did skip through Miki and Yossie's duet and from what little I've seen, its great.

Thank you for the subs, I still can't believe you got it so fast.
~Nothing

#9 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:25 AM

Just finished watching the first 2 clips... and I must admit the subs DEFINITELY helped as the first time I watched it we were bored as heck with no clue as to what was going on.. With the subs we were able to enjoy it even though we added in our own 'subtitles'(Voiced it) ahah definitely a big thanks for the Sub
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#10 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:42 PM

Thanks! You're the best.

I'll love to translate this to Spanish. There's any possibility that you let me work over your ssa? Full credit and no soft-sub release, of course.

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#11 bergmanin

bergmanin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Thank you very much for the subs! With them I liked Miki's songs better and made me see her character in another way, it's even sadder like this, she just wants a little moment she can't have.

#12 jangster

jangster

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:28 PM

First of all, thanks for the subs! Great job on them, as always!

And as for the musical itself, I loved it! Aichan was purely amazing, I really think she would do great as a member of Takarazuka after she graduates from MM. Everyone else did pretty good as well. You could really tell that they put their everything into this. I mean, Aichan and Rika singing in tears...

Some of the highlights would be Sapphire and the queen's duet when they were prisoned, Franz's solo when he/she was prisoned (yeah, the tears really did it for me), Yossie and Miki duet, the talent scouts, Ogawa's character, the big fencing scene with the stuntmen and Reina's wowow's in the beginning of the furara song. And did I already mention that Aichan was amazing...

All of the songs were great as well, the main theme (Mystery of Life) and that "Anata ni aitai" song really got stuck in my head.
Posted Image

#13 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

Jangster pretty much summed up what I was gonna comment, thanks mate. :D I want to add though that this is one of the best dramas/films/musicals I've seen with any H!P members (not that I've seen them all). I thought the story was very good too. It's based on an old manga isn't it?

I really really loved all of it, and the subtitles were great. I like it when the subtitles are not too small. (I know, I probably need glasses :D ) And it's not too fancy, with lots of colors and stuff... but the part where you guys at HPS had the background singing in gray, while the foreground singing was in white was way cool! I loved that!

I'd like to add a comment about the performances. That woman called Marcia was astoundingly great IMO. The one who played the king was great too, but Marcia was amazing! (And very beautiful lol.) I think I understood right when I got the impression that both she, and the person playing the king, are professional actors(?). I think the MM girls benefitted from working with pros in this production. I felt really proud of them! ::(:

Again thanks a lot for your hard work HPS people! Love you guys! :c16: :blink:

Edit: @ Kuno: No I think you ask just the right amount of questions. Just kidding mate, and I'm glad one of you HPS people started this thread cause I was just about to start one myself.. :D

#14 Universus

Universus

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:35 AM

I'll love to translate this to Spanish. There's any possibility that you let me work over your ssa? Full credit and no soft-sub release, of course.

Sorry, we don't release softsubs. Sin excepciones.
http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=5444
...As you can read there.

#15 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:54 PM

Sorry, we don't release softsubs. Sin excepciones.
http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=5444
...As you can read there.

Ok.

Can I use your english translation as the base for doing the Spanish version? I'll give credit to epifanes and HPS.

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#16 wrongun

wrongun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

The subs were great! And it made me appreciate the production a lot more. Damn, Ai-chan is so adorable! So SUKI-licious! :c16:

#17 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:38 PM

Damn, Ai-chan is so adorable! So SUKI-licious! :c16:

:c16: :c16: she is indeed :c16: :c16:
for some reson.... i want both the suits that Lovely-chan and Charmy has when they're princes :blush !
a combination of them would be an amazing suit!!

#18 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:34 AM

thanks for the sub i love it and i do agree about Ai-chan she was so cute :c16: :c16: :c16: :c16: :c16: :c16: :c16: :c16:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#19 Celes_

Celes_

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:55 AM

The subs were great. I was surprised to see that you guys made such big effort to sub this.
The musical is great too; it was so interesting. Takahashi was amazing-.

#20 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:33 PM

I'm still watching it, the prince is in prison singing about the flaxen-haired beauty, even as I type.

As usual, the subs are wonderfully well done. Fantastic job everyone!

I'm enjoying it, even though it's really more of a panto than a musical. I keep expecting Dick Wittington's cat or Widow Twankey to turn up. "He's behind You! Oh no he isn't! Oh yes he is!"

Even so, it's lots of fun with great songs and some very silly costumes.

What's not to like?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users