• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#21 Kyo Kusanagi

Kyo Kusanagi

The Scion Of The Flames

• Shinmem
  • 509 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

Dragon Ball (especially first series and Freeza season of the Z series) all the way!!! It' s also my favorite anime of all times, it has that something that forces me to watch it over and over again, even if Italian TVs have already aired it a lot of times.
Posted Image <<< Everyone' s favorite keyholder :D

#22 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

the oldest i remeber watching was Space Battleship Yamato cant remeber what the american name was
battle of the planet aka g-force
and Voltron the one with the lions and the one where he was made up of 15 cars or ships they lived in space
oh and speed racer

This is exactly what I saw as well. Star Blazers is the US title of Yamato, and where my username comes from. :D

Posted Image

#23 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

My favourite would have to be Gatchaman or more commonly known to kids in the West as Battle Of The Planets during the early 80's. I wasn't even aware that this was a Japanese anime series until the early 90's. Always thought it was an American cartoon. Once I found out that the Japanese version was different to what I'd seen as a child, I decided to track it down on the internet but this was years before the creation of Ebay but I managed to get some unedited and subbed episodes from an anime collector in Nebraska. Best decision I did was to purchase those episodes from the guy. The Japanese episodes were so superior to the Sandy Frank produced ones, can't believe it was dumbed down so much for us.

#24 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

the oldest i remeber watching was Space Battleship Yamato cant remeber what the american name was
battle of the planet aka g-force
and Voltron the one with the lions and the one where he was made up of 15 cars or ships they lived in space
oh and speed racer

This is exactly what I saw as well. Star Blazers is the US title of Yamato, and where my username comes from. :D

ok i see where you got your user name been a long time since i saw that but i can see remember wildstar i knwo he become like the captain in the end if i remeber correctly
oh the good old days :D
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#25 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

yea i believe sailormoon is part of it, i remember it being part of my childhood (me singing the theme song...i can still remember it........soooooo long ago though) it was around 1994 maybe?

Totoro is also very nice, eventhough i like the recent ones more, Totoro was still very great, especially love the music it :D i watched totoro with my frds (age: 13-15 excluding me) we all liked it, so don't feel bad if you frds make fun of you and tell your frds: maybe adults like it, plus it's cute, so it's normal for a girl (you) to like it

P.S. i'm around your age, i'm male, i like totoro, and i'm proud

Eh, I was in the 4th grade when I got into Sailor Moon, so about '99 (For me.)

Aw, don't worry about my friends makeing fun of me for liking it, she's joking ::D: Be a proud Totoro lover! :D Yay! Totoro needs more love! :D

#26 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:35 AM

my favorite has to be everything in the leiji/reiji matsumoto universe which includes galaxy express 999, captain harlock, queen millenia etc. most of these anime started late 1970's (aprrox 1978). i really enjoy the fact that matsumoto boom has started all over again which allows him to continue making anime. WHOOPEE!! :blink:

#27 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:34 AM

my favorite has to be everything in the leiji/reiji matsumoto universe which includes galaxy express 999, captain harlock, queen millenia etc. most of these anime started late 1970's (aprrox 1978). i really enjoy the fact that matsumoto boom has started all over again which allows him to continue making anime. WHOOPEE!! :blink:

Nice. A fellow Leiji fan! :c13: Matsumoto has always been one of my artistic heroes and his designs are nothing short of brilliant. I also noticed the recent resurgence of interest in his work and it is well deserved. It's too bad that he and Yamato creator Nishizaki squabbled over the rights over who owned Space Battleship Yamato. Two visionaries who together created a modern-day classic should not be fighting against each other. :blink:

Oh, and Wildstarr, I always wondered if that was where your username came from. Haha.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:04 AM

i watched galaxy express 999 before, i watched a repeat like 2-3 yrs ago...but it was quite new, was it a redone ver. of the old one or sth?

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#29 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

is speed racer anime? I like G gundam, Neo Mexico is the best :blink:

racequeen.jpg

#30 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:28 AM

G gundam is great, but it's not too old is it? between 94-96 i think? i forgot...
really interesting to see how gundam for hand-to-hand combat fighting, and of course, my fav would be master gundam (and his horse) the part when the master died at the sunset was really sad........
however, the special move of shinning gundam is called shining fingers....pretty awkward.......

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#31 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

G Gundam is pretty old original run was back in 94, it's consider old school.

#32 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

how about crest of the starts and banner of the stars that old school and speed racer is anime only in the USA we call it speed racer i think in japan it was called go go mach 5

they did a special on cartoon network about speed racer they even showed the oringal opening with only a little you can see in the USA opening

and battle of the planets prob the first anime i watch they had those watch they made them change

one guy fly a prop plane when he change into his outfit with that watch his plane turn into a high tech jet
haha :blink:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#33 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

I loved it when the Phoenix transformed into the fiery bird whenever the team were in trouble on Battle Of The Planets.

I wouldn't have thought that Banner and Crest Of The Stars was old school as they've only come out in the past 7 years.

#34 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

I loved it when the Phoenix transformed into the fiery bird whenever the team were in trouble on Battle Of The Planets.

I wouldn't have thought that Banner and Crest Of The Stars was old school as they've only come out in the past 7 years.

no you right i check when they were made scatch them then i said that because they look like they were done 20 years ago guess they some the same styles as they did for older anime but whatever reason when i watch it does not look like the newer animes do thats just me

and yea that fiery birb was great i remember two of them had motorcycles and they went into the wings on the plane
Posted Image

#35 Sliverfall

Sliverfall

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

I love Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon.. I know a lot of the people I know thing Sailor Moon is dumb, but I love it. It's just one of those things I can't get enough of. I really want the manga collection of Sailor Moon, but I think they stopped making them in America.. I'm probably wrong though. I'm not sure but I don't think Ranma is as old as Sailor Moon, but Ranma is still an older series. Ranma is hilarious and romantic in my opinion and like Sailor Moon I can't get enough of it.
Posted Image

#36 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:59 AM

ZOIDS AND SAILOR MOON
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#37 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

I love Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon.. I know a lot of the people I know thing Sailor Moon is dumb, but I love it.

come on many ppl like Sailor Moon, cuz reasons they have so many fans:
- girls
- highschool uniform (really short)
- hero type story and justice wins all
- there's also the masked hot man
- u can basically find any of your fav colours in there except like black and white maybe?
- they each got their special super moves
- sometimes they each get their little stories

so yea ppl like them, i used to like them when i was little :lol: i still remember the movie a bit

#38 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:09 AM

you like ranma sanrio look at this picture

click to see full size :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

no i'm not really a fan of 1/2 nor the artist
but hahaa that was quite funny :lol:

#40 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:33 AM

SAilor Moons, hands down.

that is all. good bye.

kidding. Im not a big fan of old school. I dont know why. I just dont like all this Gundam stuff, this Ranma 1/2 stuff, etc. I dont know why, I just dont.

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users