• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#21 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Twilight Princess is the only reason you need to get this console. If your a Zelda fan that is. It looks incredible.

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting it. I was REALLY iffy on getting a Wii (And seriously, who came up with that name? Guess you couldn't name it Fu~u...), but then I read an article in some gaming magazine and I wanted one soooo bad! ::blink:: All its special little functions sound like so much fun! XD (I sound like a 50 year old mother...)

if the only reason you want a Wii is for Twilight princess then you are confused. Twilight Princess in a NINTENDO GAMECUBE game. yes it will come out on the Wii with some extra features (such as the motion sensor targetting stuff), but there wont be much difference.
if you want twilight princess......GET A GAMECUBE. it will be dirt cheap by the time Wii comes out.
now take a look at those Wii clips again and think.......because you dont seem to get the point of the console.
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#22 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

Interesting facts from another friend of mine:

1. Four direction input was in gaming way before Nintendo came around, all they did was ditch the stick, that's progression not innovation.

2. Meh, it's two more buttons. Progression not innovation.

3. The controller for NiGHTS was the controller with the first analog stick, actually. The Saturn (or rather, the game and controller) came out about a year earlier than the N64. They don't even get points for progression here.

Posted Image

4. Uh, it's, again, another button.

5. Microsoft's Sidewinder Freestyle Pro was actually the first motion sensing controller. It came out oh.. 6 years ago? 10? Nintendo was -not- the first company to think about it. The Sidewinder was a total and complete flop by the way. That's why no one remembers it.

-Kasey

Indeed but;

1. Four way direction was available but for speed the D-pad is much more refined.

2. Using more buttons is just class

3. Nintendo had an early working version of the N64 controller 14 monthe before the dreamcast came out.

4. That was just an excellent place to put a 'trigger' button.

5. I do remember Microsoft's Sidewinder Freestyle Pro but the motion sensors on it were well below par and therefor unexceptable in any gaming conversation.
"I'm just watching a bad dream i'll never wake up from" - Spike Spiegel.
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#23 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

heh, somehow i keep calling it RV.. how about "Wheeeee~ RV"... or WRV.. hahahaha.. ::blink::

..definitely on my list.. but i'll wait a while ..planning to grab ds lite, rev-whee(wii).. hm, and the ps3.. heh and yet, sorry xbox.. still no interest.. :c33:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#24 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:07 AM

Twilight Princess is the only reason you need to get this console. If your a Zelda fan that is. It looks incredible.

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting it. I was REALLY iffy on getting a Wii (And seriously, who came up with that name? Guess you couldn't name it Fu~u...), but then I read an article in some gaming magazine and I wanted one soooo bad! ::lol:: All its special little functions sound like so much fun! XD (I sound like a 50 year old mother...)

if the only reason you want a Wii is for Twilight princess then you are confused. Twilight Princess in a NINTENDO GAMECUBE game. yes it will come out on the Wii with some extra features (such as the motion sensor targetting stuff), but there wont be much difference.
if you want twilight princess......GET A GAMECUBE. it will be dirt cheap by the time Wii comes out.
now take a look at those Wii clips again and think.......because you dont seem to get the point of the console.

I think you're underestimating how easily amused I am :D Not to mention, most of my consoles are all bough for stupid reasons. I own a game cube, but I forgot why I bought it o_o; N64 is 'cause my friend had one(and I needed to get better in Mario Kart and beat her!), PS2 'cause I wanted Kingdom Hearts.

Plus, if we decided not to buy the Wii for the extra cool stuff on our favorite game, then why would we buy it?

#25 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

^ RCM, heh yea same with me.. i usually buy a console because of some games. i've been with mario & nintendo for a long time.. and i got the ps/ps2 (ps3?) for the FF series and others.. (others which means those that i wish my current pc could actually play.. lol)

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#26 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

Interesting facts from another friend of mine:

1. Four direction input was in gaming way before Nintendo came around, all they did was ditch the stick, that's progression not innovation.

2. Meh, it's two more buttons. Progression not innovation.

3. The controller for NiGHTS was the controller with the first analog stick, actually. The Saturn (or rather, the game and controller) came out about a year earlier than the N64. They don't even get points for progression here.

Posted Image

4. Uh, it's, again, another button.

5. Microsoft's Sidewinder Freestyle Pro was actually the first motion sensing controller. It came out oh.. 6 years ago? 10? Nintendo was -not- the first company to think about it. The Sidewinder was a total and complete flop by the way. That's why no one remembers it.

-Kasey

Indeed but;

1. Four way direction was available but for speed the D-pad is much more refined.

2. Using more buttons is just class

3. Nintendo had an early working version of the N64 controller 14 monthe before the dreamcast came out.

4. That was just an excellent place to put a 'trigger' button.

5. I do remember Microsoft's Sidewinder Freestyle Pro but the motion sensors on it were well below par and therefor unexceptable in any gaming conversation.

1. Eh, I shouldn't have even gone with four way direction, I should have gone with 8 way which was also there from the get go. Again, ditching the stick for a flat pad isn't innovation. The mechanics are the exact same. It's progress.

2. Class =/= innovation.

3. I said Saturn, not Dreamcast. The Sega Saturn's NiGHTs controller is THE first 360 analog controller.

4. And how many controllers after that, even as far as Nintendo's systems go, kept the underslung button? If you want to argue this I'd say it were a failure since the underslung button was ditched for the shoulder style setup.

5. That doesn't null the point though. It was done before. Nintendo's not innovating, they're doing it better, which is exactly what you'd expect when you factor in tech advances.

Oh and Nyekobonbon, not to rain on your parade (:lol:) but Nintendo wasn't the first to do a light gun :D The very first light guns were around some 50 years before Nintendo hit the scene.

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting it. I was REALLY iffy on getting a Wii (And seriously, who came up with that name? Guess you couldn't name it Fu~u...), but then I read an article in some gaming magazine and I wanted one soooo bad! :XD: All its special little functions sound like so much fun! :D (I sound like a 50 year old mother...)

Actually you're incorrect. There are two different versions of the game in development. One for the Cube and one for the *VOMIT*. The one for the Nintendo *VOMIT* has different gameplay mechanics.

That's why the game was delayed so much, they were pushing to get it on the *VOMIT* as a launch title. What a complete and total WASTE. >:|
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PEN'Guin

#27 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

i said there would be two versions of twlight princess, but that there WOULDNT BE MUCH DIFFERENCE. the Wii version is an afterthought just to shift a few extra consoles onlaunch day. if thats the ONLY REASON you would buy a Wii (please stop calling it vomit), then you really shouldnt bother cause the gamecube one will be almost as good, so why fork out all that cash? im just trying to save people money.......besides there are many more great ideas of games for the Wii.

#28 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting it. I was REALLY iffy on getting a Wii (And seriously, who came up with that name? Guess you couldn't name it Fu~u...), but then I read an article in some gaming magazine and I wanted one soooo bad! ::lol:: All its special little functions sound like so much fun! XD (I sound like a 50 year old mother...)

I certainly do get the point of the console. Why should I get the Gamecube version when the Wii version will be better. I guess you are confused to the fact that the Wiimote will make this game much more entertaining than the Gamecube version.

Posted Image

#29 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:14 PM

I certainly do get the point of the console. Why should I get the Gamecube version when the Wii version will be better. I guess you are confused to the fact that the Wiimote will make this game much more entertaining than the Gamecube version.

okay let me clear this up.........if you DO get the point of the console then well done. you have nothing to worry about. i was just saying to those people whoo think twilight princess will be the only reason to get the Wii, that they shouldnt bother cos its on gamecube. Imagine if they bought a Wii for zelda, completed it and then realised that there was nothing else on the games rack that they were into?

dont get me wrong, i love zelda and i think the new one will be the best game of all time. especially due to the recent imrovements made available by the Wii. but people have to realise that this was never planned to be a Wii game, and so will not take FULL ADVANTAGE of the Wiimote and nunchuk.
the really amazing stuff on Wii will be the stuff that allows you to play in ways that you never imagind before. and as much as i love zelda, ive been playing it for 8 years now with the same gameplay.....so changes will be welcome.

#30 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:32 AM

'Guin you don't really seem to get this at all.

The mechanicts for the SATURN controller (dreamcast - I'm sorry for that mistake!)
was not true analogue whatever the makers say. It was a digital proportional controller which works on a slightly different principle. Look around the net and you will find the difference between analogue and digital proportional.

And why the "*VOMIT*" phrase?

Are you just trying to seek attention?

I like all the home consoles for all their apparent strengths and respect them despite of their weaknesses.

Please grow up!
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#31 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:48 AM

Please grow up!

yeah van demoniun
maybe 'Guin should see a doctor if he keeps vomitting like that
it doesnt sound very good ::lol::
but come on, who cares which had the first analogue etc etc

but i agree with wildstarr why should you buy a GC version when the Revolution version will be better (the nunchakus aside) its only when you really dont have the cash for all of that, in that case you should save up some
i'm buyin it anyway, especially for Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid <<< i think these reasons should be enough
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#32 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:26 AM

'Guin you don't really seem to get this at all.

The mechanicts for the SATURN controller (dreamcast - I'm sorry for that mistake!)
was not true analogue whatever the makers say. It was a digital proportional controller which works on a slightly different principle. Look around the net and you will find the difference between analogue and digital proportional.

I like all the home consoles for all their apparent strengths and respect them despite of their weaknesses.

Please grow up!

Way to shuck and jive while your points dissolve. It was a fully 3D analog controller that predated the N64's, and as someone else said, in the end why does it really matter?

As for the vomit phrase, well, I thought it was pretty self explanitory. The name stinks. It's horrid, horrid enough to induce vomiting. It is, quite possibly, the worst name for any console in the history of gaming. It's so horrible that Nintendo actually had to come and defend the name through their E3 speech, the days leading up to it, and for days if not weeks after that as well. It's a total and complete failure as far as names go. Never before in gaming history has any company ever had to defend the name of the console. This didn't even happen with Apple's iPod (the business model of which Nintendo seems to be trying to emulate to the best of their ability, no knocks for that though as it's wise and nothing's wrong with emulation.).

Hell, the name's so bad that they actually released it BEFORE E3 just so that huge wave of raw NEGATIVE REACTION didn't fully interfere with what they were trying to say. Does it upset you so that I knock the name? Do you have stock in Nintendo? Built the *Vomit* from the ground up I'm sure?

I, myself, like "all the home consoles" for their "apparent strengths" but I chuckle at their weaknesses, as I should. My PS2's on the verge of death, my Xbox is huge and ugly and my Gamecube could survive being used as a weapon via a handle gripped swing, or take the brunt end of a full on nuclear holocaust.

YOU seem like the one that needs to grow up. :rolleyes :c06:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PEN'Guin

#33 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

I prefer the name Wii over Revolution after Nintendo showed in wich direction they're taking it. Revolution just sounds geeky.. Really geeky. Wii is a name for the family. Besides it looks alot better written. Actually.. even caring about the name is just stupid and vomiting over it sounds pretty annoying. Nah.. I'll stick to liking the name. No need for me to claim anything or talk down on anyone. Nintendo's made a good choice. :c13:

#34 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

It looks pretty cool,but don't know if that is something for me. I have had Sega,Playstation and now I have Playstation2. Also tried Xbox 360(my friends has it),anyways what I'm trying to say here is that I never had Nintendo so I don't know what to expect. But that does look fun to play with friends and family and even alone...got to consider it,maybe see if I can buy one or two,with a little help from parents if you know what I mean :wink: .(but that's just maybe)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

It looks pretty cool,but don't know if that is something for me. I have had Sega,Playstation and now I have Playstation2. Also tried Xbox 360(my friends has it),anyways what I'm trying to say here is that I never had Nintendo so I don't know what to expect. But that does look fun to play with friends and family and even alone...got to consider it,maybe see if I can buy one or two,with a little help from parents if you know what I mean :wink: .(but that's just maybe)

you are a 15 year old school girl (from france i think?), which isnt the typical computer game playing type. so if YOU think the Wii looks cool then i think nintendo must be doing something right. i would suggets to you that if you DO decide to buy a next gen console (and can get around your parents), then make it a Wii. i very much doubt any of the others would hold your attention for long, plus the Wii is cheaper!

#36 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

you are a 15 year old school girl (from france i think?), which isnt the typical computer game playing type. so if YOU think the Wii looks cool then i think nintendo must be doing something right. i would suggets to you that if you DO decide to buy a next gen console (and can get around your parents), then make it a Wii. i very much doubt any of the others would hold your attention for long, plus the Wii is cheaper!

Why the hell did you guess France ::lol:: dude I'm far from france,like 4 countries north(Norway). But I did say I'm not sure if I want it,so I have alot to think about. BTW why did you guess France? :huh (just curious)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

Why the hell did you guess France ::P: dude I'm far from france,like 4 countries north(Norway). But I did say I'm not sure if I want it,so I have alot to think about. BTW why did you guess France? :huh (just curious)

well, i looked at your profile and it said your local time was 1 hour from GMT, and i think france is 1 hour from GMT. but sorry about that. Norway is good so dont panic. as for the Wii, i suggets trying out a GAMECUBE first just to see what nintendo games are like....it should be very cheap now (even in Norway!). so how come your english is so good and you are just 15? they must teach it to you from an early age in norway. and HOW THE HELL did a girl from norwat fing out about H!P?????? i would love to know :lol:

oh and by the way please dont call me 'dude' because im not a yank!!! im in England :c06:

#38 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

'Guin.

If you want to believe that the saturn controller was true analogue then o.k. It was advertised as analogue so I can see your misunderstanding. :wink: This topic is all about Wii (ha ha) and lets not get into the ambiguous name.

Well, what do you think it should be called? :lol:
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#39 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:14 AM

'Guin.

If you want to believe that the saturn controller was true analogue then o.k. It was advertised as analogue so I can see your misunderstanding. :wink: This topic is all about Wii (ha ha) and lets not get into the ambiguous name.

Well, what do you think it should be called? :)

i think it should be called the nintendo CHARMIKI.

if this makes no sense to you read the bottom part of this page...lol
http://www.hello-onl...pic=968&st=1020

#40 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:50 AM

well, i looked at your profile and it said your local time was 1 hour from GMT, and i think france is 1 hour from GMT. but sorry about that. Norway is good so dont panic. as for the Wii, i suggets trying out a GAMECUBE first just to see what nintendo games are like....it should be very cheap now (even in Norway!). so how come your english is so good and you are just 15? they must teach it to you from an early age in norway. and HOW THE HELL did a girl from norwat fing out about H!P?????? i would love to know :)

oh and by the way please dont call me 'dude' because im not a yank!!! im in England :c06:

Well first yeah this topic is all about Wii,but I'll just explain this shortly and understandable :) My english is so good because I'm so smart :P and we are teaching english in school and also well I like the language. When I like things then I'm pretty good at it! :wink: and I the other question you can find here
Hope this will answer you're questions and sorry if I defended you by saying dude,didn't mean anything rude about that!
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users