77 replies to this topic

#21 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:34 AM

who put "Bow Wow" in it anyways, bad choice, and he's still 'lil to me

like my other post what does bow wow know about drifiting?
i dont think he knows about import cars. he mostly into them exotic cars. but dont know why they put him in the movie

#22 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:02 AM

Well, I'm waiting for the explaination of why the hell they're in Tokyo, much less Japan in general. They can't just pop-up there, its a little expensive and difficult for those two stupid-looking kids to end up in :huh

#23 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:12 AM

if you people didn't know some of the scenes were filmed in downtown LA
bow wow's name in the movie is twinkie haha

#24 junta_m

junta_m

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:36 AM

those parking lot drifting scenes just reminds me alot of NFSU2 :huh
Posted Image

#25 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

I don't know. Feels like this will be the weakest Fast Furious movie yet. Not that the first two were so great. But it looks like it's gonna be alot fine looking ladies, cool rides and alot of drifting. That's always positive.. But what happened to Paul Walker?

#26 sejl

sejl

REAL MUSIC

• Shinmem
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

what happened to Paul Walker?

you gotta point, who are these guys in this new one, Bow Wow and some other dude i don't know how they got into the equation

#27 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

Exactly. I think Paul Walker (though he's not really my fav.) did pretty good in the first two films. His skills are equal to the quality of the movies. I saw the trailer to this one the other day and I went like :huh -"Who the hell is this guy?!". He doesn't fit in at all. I mean. Paul walker and Vin Diesel vs That dude whomever he is and Lil Bow wow? Seriosly? What are they thinking?

#28 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

i just got done watching the downloaded version of tokyo drift it was a pretty decent movie
at the end of the movie their's a little cameo by vin diesel

#29 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:33 AM

Yea i saw the movie too! Nice spoiler^^ :D

What does Vin Deisel know about drifting? B ut anyways, the movie was pretty good, i thought i was going to be bad because bow wow was there... The songs were great, And there were so many Japanese girls with the short skirts! Orgasm in the theater ::(: . I wanted Han to live.

#30 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

yeah it sucked how han died though, he was a laid back guy. :cool

#31 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, it sucks that he died... easily one of the most memorable characters in the series. I guess that part was to show that Han wasn't really affiliated with the Yakuza, maybe he was undercover or something, or else he really wouldn't be that close with Vin Diesel.

I'm still pissed at Takashi for screwing him over... But did anyone else notice that Takashi's uncle, the Yakuza member guy, was Sonny Chiba? You know, the famous martial artist guy from a couple of decades back? I just saw the movie, and I thought I recognized him from somewhere... I still have a few of his movies, too!

Also, did anyone else notice anything weird about that scene where the protagonist's dad threw him the keys to the car... without the engine in it?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:55 AM

I've read that one of my favourite Japanese actresses Keiko Kitagawa (Sailor Mars in PGSM) is in the movie. Does she have any lines or significant role in the movie or is she there just as eye candy?

#33 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:01 AM

she had a role working with han i seen her a couple times in the movie
yeah i seen that part where he threw him the keys without the engine but remember
the first car that han let him use the engine was still intact so they put that engine inside the mustang

#34 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

I remember that, but if those were the keys to the engine in Han's old car, why would his father have it, instead of someone else closer to Han who might have worked with it? Oh well...

You know, it was actually pretty cool that the movie looked overwhelmingly Japanese, although the majority of it was shot in LA... pretty nice touches. They should have used more of the Japan locale, though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

The blonde guy with Takashi, died in a head to head crash with a car. While Takashi fell off a cliff vertically front first and did not die! :P

#36 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:33 PM

The blond guy? I doubt he died, I'm pretty sure I saw him later on in the movie... although I wouldn't be surprised. That collision was head on at high speeds for both vehicles.

But you can't kill Takashi. He's part Yakuza... they're like cockroaches.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

his uncle is a yakuza but takashi is just a straight up gangster, that's what han said haha ::P:

#38 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

I finally took my time and saw this one. Not as good as the first and second, but it filled it purpose.

I didn't really think much of lil bow wow. He's performance wasn't any worse than anyone elses. And he was like this token black guy (not surprised they wanted one). it was actually a pretty sucky movie when thinking back at it, but I really enjoyed it while I watched it and could probably see it again.

The pros: The soundtrack, Cool cars, Lots of girls! :c16: and Vin's quick visit
The cons: The actors, the story, the film, where's the pink?!

#39 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

The movie was ok but i must be honest i only got drawn to it when i found out that Keiko Kitagawa was in it.
AKA Sailor Mars from PGSM. :lol:

#40 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

I remember that, but if those were the keys to the engine in Han's old car, why would his father have it, instead of someone else closer to Han who might have worked with it? Oh well...

You know, it was actually pretty cool that the movie looked overwhelmingly Japanese, although the majority of it was shot in LA... pretty nice touches. They should have used more of the Japan locale, though.

his father gave him the keys to the mustang
and all they did with han's old car was towed it somewhere and took the motor out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users