sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

finally started to watch the anime first 4 shows and i must say i love it
still havent read the manga but from what i heard i like that too
now if i can find a sub of the live action movie i be set
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#22 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:55 AM

in the mood talking, the anime is better
in the speed and intensity, the manga wins

that's how i'll say for now, but from what i heard, the live action movie really sucked cuz it's totally weird...

Do you want a DeathNote?

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#23 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:22 AM

i never want to have a deathnote nor even close to it. A person life is nothing to joke about.
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#24 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:38 AM

i never want to have a deathnote nor even close to it. A person life is nothing to joke about.

that is so true....but the power is just sth most ppl can't resist...........
that is the power of DeathNote itself.....

on the other hand, the guy who made up the story of DeathNote, he's quite a genius

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#25 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

The movie isn't crap. It just twists the story slightly so *spoilers*

Near and the other guy doesn't get to play a part

*spoilers end*

I thought the ending of the movie was quite genius. Even though it's different from the original manga's, it still liked it because it is quite a smart move by L.

And how could it *possibly* be crap is Toda Erika is starring Misa? :^_^:
Posted Image

#26 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

in the mood talking, the anime is better
in the speed and intensity, the manga wins

that's how i'll say for now, but from what i heard, the live action movie really sucked cuz it's totally weird...

Do you want a DeathNote?

sure do you have one?
^_^
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#27 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

The movie isn't crap. It just twists the story slightly so *spoilers*

Near and the other guy doesn't get to play a part

*spoilers end*

I thought the ending of the movie was quite genius. Even though it's different from the original manga's, it still liked it because it is quite a smart move by L.

And how could it *possibly* be crap is Toda Erika is starring Misa? :^_^:

No one said the movie was crappy. But to tell u the truth their taste at choosing the right person for the movie was very sucky.
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#28 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

have yet to see the movie...heard it was good
the anime was kinda good i think...but i wanna see the movie x[
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#29 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

Yes the movie was great, plus it even have the highest rating in my country. But the main char they choose to be kira was....nvm. You will know what i mean when u watch it lol.

EDIT: He don't even look like a guy that could flit alot of girls.. maybe their budge was low lol.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#30 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:40 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what is it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? i couldn't find a place to download it..................
L~~~~~~~~~~~

>>sailormari
um...no i still can't find one yet..........but i know that they are fancy looking but fake ones that you can buy in china, it made a huge hit there, so some ppl made really fancy looking deathnotes, and students brought it as a game, they would share theirs around, seeing how other's wrote death situations and maybe go like "hey that way of dying is funny/interesting~"
just once i get my hands onto a real one, you won't be able to hear ppl joke like that, wahahahhahaaaa, cuz
I AM JUSTICE

lol

#31 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:00 AM

Don't bother to dl, just go to cinema, pay afew bucks, get a ticket and off u go, not so hard is it. :wink:

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#32 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

Don't bother to dl, just go to cinema, pay afew bucks, get a ticket and off u go, not so hard is it. :wink:

but the problem is, IT'S NOT ON IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:21 AM

Woah.. That is a serious problem. I rmb someone posted the movie in youtube, u might want to check it out.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#34 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:26 PM

the full version is out on several trackers (anime and j-stuff)
tokyo-toshokan is where i got mine

of course, no subs

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#35 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:51 PM

Well, I thought that in terms of acting alone, Kira was the best. In terms of acting, in terms of portraying the characters. Hell, reports from Japan said that the guy starring Kira was so obsessed with the jail scene that he seemed as if he was possessed by Kira itself...

Personally, I don't think he looked "sinister" enough, his face isn't long enough but in terms of acting I thought he did a superb job.
Posted Image

#36 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

But the part where L trying to provoke kira on the tv using a prisoner, kira action wasn't strong enough, wasn't anger enough. No expression like 'You trying to anger me! The new God!? You are too stupid to give your name in the first place! hahaHAHA!' something like that =x i just can't feel his anger expressing out.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#37 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

I don't think that is Kira's fault though. I think that just wasn't in the script by the director. I think the director wanted to portrait Kira as more of a calmer person in the movie instead of a crazy laughing psychopath. I could still sense Kira's 'sinister' smile there when he killed of Lind.L.Tailor but he just wasn't laughing with his mouth wide as in the manga. I think it's got something to do with the director instead of the actor.
Posted Image

#38 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:17 AM

I don't think that is Kira's fault though. I think that just wasn't in the script by the director. I think the director wanted to portrait Kira as more of a calmer person in the movie instead of a crazy laughing psychopath. I could still sense Kira's 'sinister' smile there when he killed of Lind.L.Tailor but he just wasn't laughing with his mouth wide as in the manga. I think it's got something to do with the director instead of the actor.

hmm..sound logical. But still, i don't understand what the director trying to protrait if he doesn't want the story to be similar to the book. But L acting was good, his imitation is impressive.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#39 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

well eventhough i didn't watch the movie, but since hte movie is way shorter than the movie, and that scene is quite in the bieginning of the movie, therefore, the director just can't show the mad Kira yet, until later of the movie...

#40 MaveriX

MaveriX

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

Yup yup, Light Yagami isn't really the kind of person who would just burst out in angst...he's a calm person, judging from the different methods he used to counter L's counter-measures.

As for the actor, he DOES look different from that in the manga, but still, he did some great acting in the movie, and his features, expressions...does make Light Yagami more of a cold-blooded deviser (is there such a word? Am I using the wrong word?).

Rather as for L...he looks funny...but still, great acting there. But as for looks, there are better cosplayers out there, which you can find on the net.

And of course, Erika Toda as Misa Amane...KAWAII!! Though the voice is like a bit off though... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users