• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#1 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:06 AM

Written by Tsugumi Ohba and Illustrated by Takeshi Obata (of Hikaru no Go fame)
Serialized by Shuesha in Weekly Jump
Completed with 108 Chapters (12 Volumes)
Out in english with 5 Volumes so far (I believe)
Official Comic Site: http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/deathnote/

-From AnimeNewsNetwork
"Death Note, Bokura ga Ita Anime in Production (2006-05-15 12:36:05)
The Bokura ga Ita and Death Note manga will be adapted into anime TV series, according to Japanese bookstore Chuosha. Bokura ga Ita will premiere July 3, and Death Note will premiere this fall. Source: Animenation"

-From Wiki
"Two Live-Action movies based on the story are currently in production, with the first one scheduled to release on 17th June 2006, and the second one in October 2006."
* Light Yagami: Tatsuya Fujiwara (Of Battle Royale)
* Souichiro Yagami: Takeshi Kaga (Former Host of Iron Chef)
* Sayu Yagami: Hikari Mishima
* Sachiko Yagami: Michiko Godai
* L: Kenichi Matsuyama (Of Nana)
* Watari: Shunji Fujiwara
* Naomi: Asaka Seto
* Raye: Shigeki Hosokawa
* Matsuda: Souta Aoyama
* Aizawa: Shin Shimizu
* Ukita: Tatsuhito Okuda
* Mogi: Ikuji Nakamura
* Ryuk (voice): TBA,
* Rem (voice): TBA,
* Misa: Erika Toda
* Shiori (original character): Yuu Kashii
Theme: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
Official Movie Site: http://wwws.warnerbr...o.jp/deathnote/

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#2 Crusaders

Crusaders

Maeda Ami

• Senpai
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:19 AM

whoa definity gonna see this......Death note as live acton :XD: kyaaa! OMG!!!! YAY!!!

#3 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

where do u guys dl ur DN manga? im only up to 59

#4 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:39 AM

where do u guys dl ur DN manga? im only up to 59

http://www.tokyotosho.com/?cat=3

Scroll Down, they have a torrent for the full manga

(*^ ^*)

#5 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

cool thxs

#6 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

jeez a live action...now that i've GOT TO SEE, i love the manga to death (no pun intended :lol:) oh wow thnx for that link i'm happy too, i haven't been keeping up lately XD (only up to 70 or so)
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#7 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

thanks for the link

racequeen.jpg

#8 Crusaders

Crusaders

Maeda Ami

• Senpai
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

There will soon be anime for Death Note too!!!! First episod ewill be in November!

#9 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:04 AM

There will soon be anime for Death Note too!!!! First episod ewill be in November!

I stated it already up there, but thanks for the specific month

(*^ ^*)

#10 SkAcHiLd

SkAcHiLd

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

i really like death note manga....!! :c16: :c16:

those of ur that want to have it can download it at http://www.mininova....arch=death note

still got plenty of seeders lol.... :lol: :P :P
Posted Image

#11 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

first episode of the anime is out

The first episode covers the first chapter of the manga of course

The movie's begining takes liberties as it starts out with Light aready having the Note and elludes to the past events through his flashbacks

(*^ ^*)

#12 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:26 AM

i just finished reading the first season manga few days ago
previewed on the 2nd season
i like the first season way more, L is quite cute :lol:

looking forward to the anime, but not really looking forward to the movie...

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#13 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

stop watching the manga! the anime is out!! woot~ it was great i tell ya. i still don't know why apple look so tasty to deathgod..lol..
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#14 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

stop watching the manga! the anime is out!! woot~ it was great i tell ya. i still don't know why apple look so tasty to deathgod..lol..

well i finished reading the manga already!!! XD it's sooooooooo good......eventhough at first i hated N quite something, now i think he's okay....but of course, i still like DeathNote season 1 a lot better, not as confusing, and not as messy

yea i watched the first 2 ep already :) it's great, way better than any anime i've seen, it's even better than anime movies, they are like movie qualty, real good

and the apple question, here's why that u'll find out soon (not too soon though)
cuz the apples in the world of deathgods (yea a bit spoiler here) are dried, ugly, small, taste bad, bad looking and just bad, so the apples in the real world is kinda wine or cigratte to deathgods now :)

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#15 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:59 AM

well i finished reading the manga already!!! :P it's sooooooooo good......eventhough at first i hated N quite something, now i think he's okay....but of course, i still like DeathNote season 1 a lot better, not as confusing, and not as messy

yea i watched the first 2 ep already XD it's great, way better than any anime i've seen, it's even better than anime movies, they are like movie qualty, real good

and the apple question, here's why that u'll find out soon (not too soon though)
cuz the apples in the world of deathgods (yea a bit spoiler here) are dried, ugly, small, taste bad, bad looking and just bad, so the apples in the real world is kinda wine or cigratte to deathgods now :P

yea i know about the apple just that why apple? why not noodle or smth lol :cool watched finish the manga too, 108chapter wasn't easy ya know lol. :P
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#16 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:08 AM

well the idea of instant noodles liked by someone not from real world had been used in quite alot of mangas actually (just forgot their names though)

plus, apple is healthy, deathgod isn't really exactly healthy, irony XD
plus, more important is apple is red, which is quite a good theme colour ot use i think
and compare to other fruits, deathgod+apple is more normal....like i can't really see a deathgod eating a banana or pineapple or strawberries...

#17 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

well the idea of instant noodles liked by someone not from real world had been used in quite alot of mangas actually (just forgot their names though)

plus, apple is healthy, deathgod isn't really exactly healthy, irony XD
plus, more important is apple is red, which is quite a good theme colour ot use i think
and compare to other fruits, deathgod+apple is more normal....like i can't really see a deathgod eating a banana or pineapple or strawberries...

i was thinking mango when i read the last line. lol sorry when too far XD but still i find it funny.. >.< (still imagining a deathgod eating a mango lol)

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#18 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:28 AM

are there not too many DeathNote fans around????!?!?!?!!!?!?!??!
how come this thread isn't active at all....?
i thought ppl would at least be discussing about even just the power of the notebook itself....

the 7th ep is out (yea i found english subbed vers. too)
and by the 7th anime chapter, it already included up to chapter 14 in manga....

since there are 59 chapters manga in season 1, i guess there will be 30 ep in anime....

then rest for a bit, then onto season 2................

DeathNote is an anime and manga that i highlyhighlyhighlyhighlyhighly recommand

P.S. i want a deathnote badly...

#19 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

DEATH NOTE 4ever!!!!!.L is so hot!!!!!!! :c16: :c16: :c16:
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#20 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

are there not too many DeathNote fans around????!?!?!?!!!?!?!??!
how come this thread isn't active at all....?
i thought ppl would at least be discussing about even just the power of the notebook itself....

the 7th ep is out (yea i found english subbed vers. too)
and by the 7th anime chapter, it already included up to chapter 14 in manga....

since there are 59 chapters manga in season 1, i guess there will be 30 ep in anime....

then rest for a bit, then onto season 2................

DeathNote is an anime and manga that i highlyhighlyhighlyhighlyhighly recommand

P.S. i want a deathnote badly...

theres no such things as seasons, the story just keeps going till there is an end or no more stories to animate

seasons is a western thing, american anime gets made into seasons based on story arcs or number of eps

Japanese TV is all pre-recorded before they are shown and only shown once a week, so they rarely (if any) have reruns or breaks, only reason anime is different is that when an anime is showing at the same time as the manga, the anime tends to catch up to the manga resulting in a break or filler

In the case of the Digimon, the american way is to say (Show) Season (Number), but in japan they were each different series based on the same concept (Digimon 02 being a sequal series to Digimon 01)

The seasons and breaks and stuff was put in since after the taping of a season is done, they give the actors/actresses/staff a break, and they come back a few months or so later and resume, I dunno about japanese people in that sense, but i'm guessing they work every day in order to keep the new eps coming, or pump out more then 1 ep a day

[/endsrant]

(*^ ^*)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users