• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:14 PM

I've never seen a Matrix movie, and i don't know if i ever will, they just don't interest me that much

Yeah that's good ^_^ ...I didn't really want to see it but my brother did so i had to watch it,didn't have TV in my room at that time. It wasn't working so!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:04 AM

Wow. I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long without someone even mentioning Forrest Gump.

No longer.

Actually, I saw someone mention Shawshank Redemption and Bicentennial Man somewhere else in this thread... I thought it would only be a matter of time before this popped up. Ranks up there with the Green Mile and Schindler's List.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:49 AM

I've done a list before but it's probably changed since then :c40:
(i'm leaving out any sort of trilogies in this one)
1) The Crow
2) What Dreams May Come
3) Monster
4) Moonchild
5) Minimoni the movie: okashina daibouken :lol:
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#44 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

I'm going for the original Star Wars trilogy for my best films of all time.

Picking my favourite Asian film is difficult though. It's a toss up between Battle Royale and Police Story 3:Supercop.

#45 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

I've done a list before but it's probably changed since then :c40:
(i'm leaving out any sort of trilogies in this one)
1) The Crow
2) What Dreams May Come
3) Monster
4) Moonchild
5) Minimoni the movie: okashina daibouken XD

Have heard of Moonchild...is it good?

I'm going for the original Star Wars trilogy for my best films of all time.

Picking my favourite Asian film is difficult though. It's a toss up between Battle Royale and Police Story 3:Supercop.

Didn't know that there was New Police Story or isn't it the movie you mean....is it with Jackie Chan? :huh
BTW believe that Gangster High is good...and also two japanese horror movies are coming out for the summer^^can't wait!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:17 AM

The Crow was a great movie, it was like the spiderman back then. XD
But i wouldn't say it as one of my favourites, i don't know maybe it is too dark?

#47 Hakaisou

Hakaisou

Luv da GIF (Great Ishikawa & Fujimoto)

• Shinmem
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

In no particular order:

- Conan the barbarian

- Braindead

- Dark Crystal

- Willow

- The Goonies

- Reservoir Dogs

buff :c33: There are so many... imposible to decide one or not saying a hundred more
Posted Image

#48 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

Police Story 3: Supercop did star Jackie Chan but also featured Michelle Yeoh as a tough Chinese policewoman. Some great stunts involving Jackie's craziest yet involving him hanging onto a helicopter dangling over Kuala Lumpar. I would recommend it as one of Jackie's best films.

The New Police Story you mentioned is another film altogether and is more serious than most of Jackie's flicks. It's good but not a patch on the previous 3 in the series.

#49 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

Oh i didn't know that there was more omvies than one! :huh
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

In that case I'd recommend you to watch the original trilogy Police Story 1-3 if you like Jackie Chan. There's an awesome scrap in a shopping mall with people getting kicked through tons of glass and of course the infamous pole drop which has to be seen to be believed in Police Story 1.

#51 elko

elko

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:45 AM

It is very hard to choose, so I will post the full list of my favorite movies
Here they are:

Apocalypse Now
Terminator 2
Memento
Battle Royale (first movie)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Kill Bill (both movies)
Sin City
The Matrix (first movie)
Final Flight of Osiris (from Animatrix)
Star Wars (all six episodes)
The Abyss
Posted Image

#52 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

-Mononoke Hime
-Shinichi no Samurai
-The Godfather
-Nightmare Before Christmas

Many others i don't wanna search the english title :(

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#53 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

Not the greatest movies (well maybe some of them) by any imagination, just my favorites and movies that eventhough I've watch about 20 times each, I still find them as enjoyable as the first time I watched them..

Not in any order, I don't have the heart to rank them since they are equally number 1 in my mind..

-My 10 favorite Hollywood movies- I love Westerns, I love boxing movies and I love action......
  • Unforgiven: Best Western Movie Ever!!! Do Not Deny It!!!!
  • Big Trouble in Little China: Bad effects, silly plot and all around fun, Jack Burton (Kurt Russell) is one bad mo-fu..
  • The Insider: Forget Gladiator, see this movie to watch Russell Crowe at his best. Should have won best actor for this movie instead of Gladiator, which was a great movie...
  • Saving Private Ryan: Watch the first 30 minutes of this classic film and find out why they called the World War II generation the greatest American generation, bar none. All my love to the veterans...
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly/A Fistful of Dollars/A Few Dollars More: Did I say I love Westerns and Clint is the man. I can't just put one of the movie down, gotta have the whole trilogy.
  • Heat: Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in a Michael Mann (Maimi Vice) film, 'nuff said...
  • The Exorcist: Still the only movie that truly scared the sh*t out of me.
  • Rocky: One of the greatest underdog sport movie of all time. I still cannot believe that Sly Stallone wrote this movie.
  • Raging Bull: One of my favorite Scorcese film, should have won him the Oscar, the man deserve one.
  • The 40-Year Old Virgin: The funniest comedy I've seen in years and also the greatest and creepiest movie poster in years.
    Posted Image
-My Asian love which consist of martial-art films, more action and more action-
  • The Fist of Legend: F--k The Matrix and its trilogy!! You want to see Yuen Woo-ping choreography the best fight scenes this side of Drunken Master 2. Watch this movie and know why Chen Zen (Jet Li) can kick Neo's ass inside or outside the Matrix, anytime, anyday.
  • Hard-Boiled: See John Woo do his magic before he was destroyed by Hollywood. The hospital shoot-out finale is one of the most intense shoot-out in film cinema and Chow Yun-Fat being a bad-ass thats so bad, you actually want to be shot by him.
  • Drunken Master 2: Police Story is great but this is Jackie Chan doing what he does best, silly yet intense fights. I don't need to tell you how great the last fight is. A figth that is so great that I actually thought about learning Drunken Boxing and Taek Kwon Do but realize that it takes years of practice to do what they do and I'm a lazy man...
  • Ichi the Killer: Takashi Miike at his masochistic and sadistic best. This film made me a fan of Tadanobu Asano (Kakihara), the man is the Brad Pitt of Japan. If you haven't see the film, go see it and bring a friend and spread the joy around.
  • Attack the Gas Station: Great Korean comedy, one of the first Korean film I've seen and I loved every minute of it, worth to seek out....
  • Millionare Express: Some of the best fight scenes I've ever witness and its film during Sammo Hung and Yuen Bioa at their heyday so expect some spectacular stunts and unbelievable fights....
  • Fireworks: Beat Kitano is one of my favorite film maker, I've always enjoy his movies and this is my favorite. Thoughtful, funny and sad, this movie had me going through a roller-coaster of emotion right up until its stunning and tearful end. I highly recommend any of you who haven't see this movie to check it out. Its simply one of the best movie in Japan from one of the greatest Japanese director/actor in Japanese cinema. A+
  • Prodigal Son: Its really too bad Yuen Bioa got the short end of the stick when it comes to fame from his two friends Sammo and Jackie Chan. The man is a gifted acrobat and martial-artist who can pull off the sickest of moves with relatively ease.
  • A Better Tomorrow: Chow Yun Fat at his coolest and one of the early great HK work of John Woo. A great ganster movie that still is being imitative till this day.
  • Drive: I don't know if this Hollywood or not but I'll put it here anyway. Its boggles my mind why Mark Dacascos isn't in many martial-art film because the man can fight. Check this movie out and you'll know why the world miss out on him. Great film, awesome action and crisp fighting by Dacascos.
Sorry for the long post but making a list like this always brings out the ego-maniac in me. :(
~Nothing

#54 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

SAW series people! come on! ::):

#55 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

the best moive to me are

Kill Bill
the last boyscout
Serenity
Alien
Aliens
Army of Darkness
Armageddon
Gone in 60 seconds

thats just a few
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#56 Megs

Megs

Kamei Eri

• Senpai
  • 913 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

I'm gonna add one of my favorite movies in here bcause it is just so great. Donnie Darko. It is kinda freaky, but it's really good and has a great soundtrack. The end was great! You guys should see it, it is in rotation with one of the Cable providers. :lol:

#57 LOVE & POP

LOVE & POP

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

Donnie Darko was a weak version of a Lynch movie.
i prefer the stuff that comes from this one, instead.
he made Eraserhead, that is the best movie ever.
well, it seems i answered to the question; but these's not only a movie about brains and facial tumors!
let's do a list of these greatest-movie-of-all-time-for-myself:
- 2DLK: a movie about a flat and two girls. deadly.
- Eureka: this is the movie of an entire life. anyone must see it. it's so beatiful that i cannot speak about it.
- Izo: a guy goes here and there and kills everyone talking about philosophy.
- Tetsuo: a guy goes here and there becoming an iron-man. it's more lynch than lynch itself.
- Violent Shit III: zombies, ninjas, gore and deutsch talks: i didn't get a line, but it was awesome.
- Swallowtail Butterfly: this movie is complete. every single genre was put into it. it's a musical? it's a gore movie? it's a mafia thing? it's rambo-kinded? this, and even more.
well, i made it.
it's partial, but OK.
Shigepinku Ganbatte!

#58 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:24 AM

1) Kazaam
2) Man of Steel
3) The Cable Guy