1026 replies to this topic

#21 foojason

foojason

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:31 AM

i like Final Fantasy 7(come one, who's cooler than Cloud?) :cool

and Final Fantasy 10, it's one of the most funnest games i've played. good plot, great graphics, and very cool (non-annoying) side games like BLItZ Ball!!

#22 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:36 AM

Ha... old post but I just watched it and it's great! FFX-2 is really what kick started my interest in Japan music because of 1000 no Kotoba. My favourite would probably VI because there are just so many interesting characters interacting in a neat way across a great storyline. The order of the ones I've played would be VI, VII, X, IX, VIII, V, IV then X-2. X-2 disappointed me majorly because it was about 90% fanservice, 9% gameplay and 1% storyline. Also, I hated the junction system of VIII so much that it detracted a lot from the game. I just didn't like it which is a shame because it had a really interesting and twisted storyline. If I did like the junction system it would be one of the top 3. Yes, I really did hate it that much!
Blog Translations

从'v') The Kitty, Miki Fujimoto
从' 。'从  The Monkey, Aya Matsuura

#23 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

I liked Final Fantasy X International because of the glowing sphere grid. I love glowing things. ::): The side quests such as defeating all those monsters in that arena and the blitzball. The real fun part was defeating those Dark Aeons which had over 1 million health points.

Right now my favorite is Final Fantasy XII. There is a license board where the player uses it to develop characters. Everytime a monster is defeated, experience to level up and license points to use on the board are given. The monsters are running around in the different lands and the player can choose to fight which ones. Some boss fights can take up to 30 minutes or more but fun if the characters don't get killed.

There is a Gambit where players can pre-select commands before a battle for the character. For example if one of the characters is low in HP, the one with Gambit on will automatically use potions to heal that character. Each character can learn a special move called a mist knack where you can chain together to cause some damage. And there are summons where the player have to defeat before using them.

Familiar monsters such as Puddings are still around. The Marlboros are reduced to Mini Marlboros XD They need some listerine for their 'bad breath'

:c16: Pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#24 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

Right now my favorite is Final Fantasy XII. There is a license board where the player uses it to develop characters. Everytime a monster is defeated, experience to level up and license points to use on the board are given. The monsters are running around in the different lands and the player can choose to fight which ones. Some boss fights can take up to 30 minutes or more but fun if the characters don't get killed.

There is a Gambit where players can pre-select commands before a battle for the character. For example if one of the characters is low in HP, the one with Gambit on will automatically use potions to heal that character. Each character can learn a special move called a mist knack where you can chain together to cause some damage. And there are summons where the player have to defeat before using them.

That sounds really interesting. Chaining attacks together was probably the best thing to come from FFX-2 but it looked really messy when the girls ran into each other on the way. Nevertheless, there was nothing quite like equipping the Gunner Dress Sphere to each girl and using Trigger Happy to make a huge combo. Not that it did very much but that's what Catnip was for :) I have to admit that the more I hear about FFXII, the more interesting it sounds. Too bad Vann looks like such a girly boy though...
Blog Translations

#25 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Vaan does look kind of girly but hes not as whiny like Tidus. And also on the FFXII manual it lists that Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend.

In FFX the player can't chain together overdrives to finish bosses off but in FFXII the mist knacks can be chained together by pressing buttons before the time is up.

:c16: Pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#26 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:54 AM

Vaan does look kind of girly but hes not as whiny like Tidus.

Thank God for that. That was one thing dragging FFX down besides the English voice acting which was a bit suspect in places
Blog Translations

#27 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

the only 3 final fantasy i dont own a real copy is FF:MQ, FFIII, FFXI Treasures of Aht Urhgan
i'll buy FFXI:ToAU next month and FFIII will be released for the DS (damn i need to buy a DS now)
finally after all these years i can really play FFIII for real instead of using an emulator and understand it
oh and i also dont have the Legend series for the GB only roms =(
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#28 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:48 AM

the only 3 final fantasy i dont own a real copy is FF:MQ, FFIII, FFXI Treasures of Aht Urhgan
i'll buy FFXI:ToAU next month and FFIII will be released for the DS (damn i need to buy a DS now)
finally after all these years i can really play FFIII for real instead of using an emulator and understand it
oh and i also dont have the Legend series for the GB only roms =(

wOot~ :w00t!: thanks for the update.. definitely saving up for that.. and also Lunar.. maybe Tamagotchi.. :3

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#29 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:12 AM

BREAKING NEWS
FINAL FANTASY XIII
is in the making x_x x_x :x_x:
who've thought x_x
just read some info about the team behind it
no other info about specs/story/music/system/style and PS3 are released yet
there's also a rumor about it might show up on E3
i hope so, cant wait for FFXIII
LOL i havent gotten/played my FFXII yet :c40:
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#30 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:29 AM

BREAKING NEWS
FINAL FANTASY XIII
is in the making :P :lol: ::D:

Thats good news!!!! It takes a couple of years for SE to make all the animations and get the FF games right. A few years ago I had a e-pal from Japan who worked at Square. He was part of the FFXII team and that was in 2004.

Vaan does look kind of girly but hes not as whiny like Tidus.

Thank God for that. That was one thing dragging FFX down besides the English voice acting which was a bit suspect in places

It was funny in one of the scenes seeing Vaan eating a Taiwan star fruit.

FFXII has ultimate weapons and the player can level up to 99. Its difficult but not impossible. Just need to be patient. I'm currently up to 55 hours and my characters are around 34.

:c16: pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#31 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:35 AM

get you DS if you havent got 1 yet
Pre-Order a Revolution (sorry i really really hate that stupid name Wii, so i'm sticking with Revolution) if you havent done it yet
the Crystal Chronicles saga continues
as you all know that FFIII is coming to DS, so does FFCC(unknown title yet)
and also the revolution will get a new FFCC(unknown title yet) with the DS implementation
with the E3 around the corner, we'll all hope to get any news around these upcoming FFs
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#32 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:03 AM

get you DS if you havent got 1 yet
Pre-Order a Revolution (sorry i really really hate that stupid name Wii, so i'm sticking with Revolution) if you havent done it yet
the Crystal Chronicles saga continues
as you all know that FFIII is coming to DS, so does FFCC(unknown title yet)
and also the revolution will get a new FFCC(unknown title yet) with the DS implementation
with the E3 around the corner, we'll all hope to get any news around these upcoming FFs

Wii is a stupid name. its like WWII without the war. WTF?
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#33 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:41 AM

I've been so busy playing Sonic Adventure DX director's cut, that I've totally neglected FFVIII...

Now, I want to know what this stuff tastes like. XD

#34 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:16 AM

Now, I want to know what this stuff tastes like. :P

I want to regain 400hp every time I drink that potion. ::P:

The CM for it is cheesy but very funny. I wonder if they will ever sell it over here in Canada.

Posted Image

#35 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:46 AM

The CM for it is cheesy but very funny. I wonder if they will ever sell it over here in Canada.

Tough luck...my friend said the potion only sells in Japan.Maybe you'll can wait someone bid it on the net...hahaha

#36 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:25 PM

Tough luck...my friend said the potion only sells in Japan.Maybe you'll can wait someone bid it on the net...hahaha

There's always the black market :P

#37 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:08 AM

I saw the auction sites and non of the people who put them up are selling internationally.

Maybe FFXII Potion is like the same thing as Red Bull or other similar energy drinks. :lol:

Posted Image

#38 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

there are 6 edition each with a special card pack
limited sales only in japan
and not cheap either
I WANT THEM =P
so are they gonna make phoenix downs and ether as well? :w00t!:
or elixers :lol:
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#39 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:35 AM

I'd imagine a potion to be sort of syrupy. Yum, yum...

or elixers :)

Phoenix down might be a problem unless they make so edible fake down but I wouldn't be surprised if elixirs came onto the market. Ether... now they could sell ether (sense 2) but I'm sure they'd get sued by a lot of numb people. :) Hats off to whoever came up with the idea of seeling potions though. That's just such a great idea from a marketing perspective.
Blog Translations

#40 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

or elixers :)

I don't think its a good idea to be marketing phoenix downs. The person must be dead :) in order to fully benefit from drinking a phoenix down. :)

Ethers and Elixers...it be funny if those drinks make the person high ::):

They should market the mega potion with over 1000 calories of sugar to make the person feel hyper all day long. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users