• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:17 AM

i just figured something out. help me out guys, is there any way to play burned dvd's? I heard that if it's on .avi file, you can't play it. is that true?

I will explain this as best I can:

ok, .avi files that are BACKED UP to dvd WILL NOT PLAY ON A DVD PLAYER, you need to use a program like pinnacle studio 10 or equivelent and burn the episode(s) using that program, it has to transcode from .avi to VOB.

then, you can author the dvd and put in menus if you like, but after it is burned, then it will play on a dvd player that can read DVD-R or +R disks

#22 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:50 AM

Well.....it depends.....I've managed to get mine to do that, but I had to put my player into VCD mode (which has much crappier quality...it was almost VHS quality >_>)

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#23 AaronD12

AaronD12

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

I will explain this as best I can:

ok, .avi files that are BACKED UP to dvd WILL NOT PLAY ON A DVD PLAYER, you need to use a program like pinnacle studio 10 or equivelent and burn the episode(s) using that program, it has to transcode from .avi to VOB.

then, you can author the dvd and put in menus if you like, but after it is burned, then it will play on a dvd player that can read DVD-R or +R disks

There are exceptions to every rule. The Philips I just got (see post #1) *can* play AVI files on a CD-R or a DVD-R disc!

I put in a DVD-R with 6 movies (AVI format) in one of the trays, and it brought up a menu asking which movie I wanted to watch! It worked perfectly! :w00t!:

Most DVD players, however, cannot do this.

-Aaron-

#24 cool_kickin_dude

cool_kickin_dude

Charmy Ishikawa's personal news reporter

• Banned
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

hey Aaron, where did you get it? which DVD players will play AVI files?
Go to the H!P fanfic and post please! Check out my fanfic blog as well!

#25 AaronD12

AaronD12

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:06 AM

hey Aaron, where did you get it? which DVD players will play AVI files?

The DVD player I got you can get from Amazon.com or any local electronics store. As for a list of DVD players that can play AVI files, here's a trick I just tried:

Go to Amazon.com and type in "dvd divx" into the search box. A list of DVD players that can play DivX-encoded files will appear. Any of those will play AVI files.

Hope that helps! :lol:

-Aaron-

#26 cool_kickin_dude

cool_kickin_dude

Charmy Ishikawa's personal news reporter

• Banned
  • 1967 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:51 AM

ok, I'll do that this week. I got it written down, thanks Aaron! :lol:
Go to the H!P fanfic and post please! Check out my fanfic blog as well!

#27 bolivar

bolivar

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

My DVD player brand is LG(korean brand). Its really good. I burnt all avi, mpeg, vob, divx, ts into data format in my DVD-R. its really work. its plays flawlessly on my TV. Secondly, i can oso load srt(subbed by MMBBS) to run with my H!M. Really love my dvd player very much :XD:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:11 PM

My DVD player brand is LG(korean brand). Its really good. I burnt all avi, mpeg, vob, divx, ts into data format in my DVD-R. its really work. its plays flawlessly on my TV. Secondly, i can oso load srt(subbed by MMBBS) to run with my H!M. Really love my dvd player very much :XD:

I have an LG dvd-burner though.. anyway, I bet those guys (and gals) at LG watch MoMusu too.. ::): aRrr~

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#29 ka-chan

ka-chan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:06 AM

go here? and enter your model for your Philips and if it's listed you can

thank you very much on the links. i had my philips dvp642/37 dvd player it only plays region 1 dvd. crack the code and it works so well. i am so happy that i can play my region 2 dvds. :^_^: i was planning to buy another dvd (region free) thank you but i found this forum. :XD:

#30 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:10 PM

2020 flash forward: any recommendations for a region-free UHD deck? I've been shooting videos in 4K for months now and want to watch 'em via the USB input on a decent model.

乾杯 BABY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users