• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1855 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:08 AM

Juice=Juice will be releasing their latest single 23-07-12 :)

I thought we may start a new thread for it.

https://twitter.com/...iqa1q3GaV1SfB8w
http://www.helloproj...com/juicejuice/

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#2 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 11:12 AM

https://twitter.com/...156371236093953

Radio preview of Pride Bright

I would say that I'll skip this song. In these recent years UFP keeps giving not-so-catchy songs to J=J. You know what I mean when you listen to songs from other groups like ANGERME, TF or BEYOOOOONDS.

#3 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:04 PM

Pride Bright can easily sound like a Tsubaki or Angerme song, or even something you would easily give to C-ute if they are still active. Damn the song is actually.... ok? I like it. Hope it grows on me and I can't wait for the full version and MV!

But I guess they did a typical 2010s H!P song this time because they want to push Ebata and the new kids more than ever. Can't say if Uemura, Inoue and Dambara are leaving soon so....

Untitled-1.jpg

#4 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:48 AM

Besides Ruru as a vocal powerhouse and Reirei's popularity among J=J members (not mentioning her vocal ability), from the ranking on usachanpeace voting website, Eba-chan and Sakurachi are among popular new members. I don't think they'll push Sakura as a member with vocal ability, but I'm sure they'll push her as a visual member. And regarding Eba-chan, if you can sense a Funakki or Karin's vibe, then you won't be surprised when Eba-chan is pushed.

However, \despite the ability of new members, J=J still needs a solid songs for singles.

#5 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:28 AM

I like it, gives me Berryz vibes for some reason

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#6 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:41 AM

Wait, that can't be right......

I had to go check but this single marks the first time since 5-nin J=J that they've had the same line up for at least 2 consecutive single releases. Unless you count Fiesta Fiesta which was digital only. 

With Mifu joining, the streak will end at 2.

#7 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1855 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 08:38 AM

I like it, gives me Berryz vibes for some reason

I agree. Needed some repeats of listening to the preview. The song is not a bummer, but it grew on me. Maybe it'll become a jam later like some of their latest songs. ( Down Town, Plastic Love and Zenbu Kakete Go!!)

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#8 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:07 PM

IT'S HEREEEEEE

Damn I was surprised with the number of shots they took for the MV with the mannequins. The whole song felt like a Juice=Juice 2.0 for me tbrh

I also love how unorthodox the song is, it did not follow the A structure after the first chorus.

Also we are swerved, the song is fairly equal in terms of solo line distribution except for the new gen. I thought this was an Ebata center single! Even Risa got a nice end line.

Untitled-1.jpg

#9 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:13 PM

To me it says "Oh you though we were slacking? We are Juice=Juice damnit and don't you ever forget it"

They all look great buy Uemura has reached KanaTomo levels of slayage.

#10 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:53 PM

Live performance, saw on twitter

https://twitter.com/...143994564677633

I missed the fan chants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untitled-1.jpg

#11 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:20 PM

Full song live on youtube.

#12 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:44 PM

Full concert

https://www.bilibili...72d3a8175b504f9

#13 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:50 PM

Very nice MV, and I love how Eba-chan got featured more.

Also, the funniest moment includes scenes with Akaringo - Riai and Risachi- Ruru moment. Too bad we don't have Sakurachi - Reirei moment

However, the song doesn't sink into my mind.

#14 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1647 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:25 PM

"Pride Bright" reminded me of Angerme's "Umaku Ienai". The song is pretty good, I like it. But they couldn't even squeeze out a line for the newbies. Tragic.

#15 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 08:23 PM

I'm really surprised that people love the MV. But maybe it's just me. The song is ok and better than previous ones for my taste.
It's interesting that the 2nd A side is alway "to be announced". That's strange.
Anyway Juice=Juice is not Juice=Juice anymore for me. It's just another new group with a style like the ones from Korea with bold makeup, very girly pop song and rythm which are already everywhere. I'm ok with that as long they continue to make HP typical unique songs with others groups.

#16 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 09:11 PM

It's the first J=J song i find at least decent in a while. I'm not mad new gen doesn't have lines cause they already inherited a decent amount of lines in iconic songs. I just wish Sakura got more screentime but she's not the staff fav so XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#17 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1059 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 04:27 PM

J=J are having an identity crisis but at least they are finally getting stronger song that show their vocals better.

#18 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 07:08 PM

You are right. I hope the second A side is a strong song too. Pride Bright have a nice tempo. It's a good one, i'm happy for them.

#19 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 08:40 PM

J=J are having an identity crisis but at least they are finally getting stronger song that show their vocals better.

I wouldn't say identity crisis. I'd say evolution. We are entering the 3rd new era of J=J.

#20 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 08:01 AM

I hope that J=J will figure out the new style soon, as half of the current members have been in the group for less than 3 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users