• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#101 kkitty

kkitty

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:16 PM

Even though my prediction is wrong, I'm not surprised. Except for Odasaku and Fuku-chan, members who are not former KSSs tend to be promoted more: Nonaka Miki, Kitagawa Rio over Maria/Akane or Mei-chan.

Anyways, Haruka does resemble Homa-tan.

Off-topic:

I do think that Kamiko may graduate (ANGERME)

Aarii may graduate from J=J (not that I care), but I'll be quite sad if either Ruru or Reirei is the one who decides to graduate.

Surprised they didn't add new members to Tsubaki especially when they are losing 2 members (when one is basically the voice of Tsubaki).

They're obviously downsizing the group, they have always been a 9nin group. Also the new gen girls are quite capable, which is why we all fell in love with them. Maybe it'll be 9-10 max for Tsubaki moving forward

Srsly how in the world UFP can get HP girls with the rarest surnames in Japan. Also wow for an all-audiition gen this time! This is like a pure reverse of the 13th gen.

I wish they could have used bigger platforms to announce the new members and not give us something like this. I liked it when we got the new audition winner  videos from HelloSta haha

You may get the footage on Hello!Sta tomorrow.

The original announcement does say that there will be a special episode for the announcement and reactions of the new members aired as the 5/24 Harosute. Then the next Harodori episode will also review the new member announcements- this being the "new development" that was teased last episode.

Happy that the KSS got promoted! Unexpected moves are the new expectation as Mifu went to JJ, but now all my favorites are collected in one group so I can't complain.

Juice=Juice (RuruRiaiSakura)

Ocha Norma (RokoKirara)
Tsubaki Factory (Runo)
Morning Musume (Homare)
Kenshuusei (Mifu)

+ Other idols 
Nogi 5ki (Ioki)
Saku 3ki (Murai Yu, Yamashita Shizuki)
=Love (Iori)
≒Joy (Aimi)
Takane no Nadeshiko (Momoko Saara)

#102 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 02:46 AM

I do get they will drop videos this week, but isn't like "We're announcing the winners of the audition" on HelloSta/Dori and watching it alongside everyone with audition footage and giving comments nicer than getting all the results beforehand? I'd be more surprised and it will surely get more people talking if they announced they're dropping the MM audition winners today then add the special announcements at the end of the video. To me it just killed all the excitement I had

Untitled-1.jpg

#103 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 04:14 AM

Hear me out.

This is H!P's 25th anniversary right? but they haven't really done anything special. Not an all cast song nor concert.(Just normal Hina Fest) Looks like we aren't even getting a Hello! Summer Tour. What if there is an even bigger announcement which is why they announced the new members like this?

On Second thought, that'd give this Sh*tty agency too much credit.

Edited by Unlimited_DJ, 24 May 2023 - 06:42 AM.

#104 RoseQuartz+Aina

RoseQuartz+Aina

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:53 PM

The special Hello Pro Station.

#105 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:11 PM

Holy crap. MM recruited 2 girls that can sing. I never thought I'd see the day.

One thing is for sure, Mizuki is really bad at welcoming new members.

Mifu seemed "meh" about joining J=J.

P.S.

I also figured something out. Everybody notice the black&white themed outfits? MV filming day?

#106 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, I expected Mifu tears haha...
So is the KSS group debuting in 2024? I don't understand much Japanese..

#107 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 04:01 PM

yeah i also had the impression that Mifu wasn't really excited about the news.

she was more or less like "juice = juice has a mature image ... yeah I will figure that out."

but well she is a momusu fan. the situation felt like runo when she was chosen for tsubaki factory.

I think Mifu will be fine and grow into her new role. after all runo did aswell and she now fits in tsubaki perfectly.

and yes the kss unit will debut next year with that 7-nin line up plus maybe new members from the upcoming audition

I'm happy for these girls. They all looked so happy. I think it was a perfect decision to add Hinoha and Rena bc they might close some gaps between Yulia and the others.

Idk why but I always get the impression that, exept for Karin, there is like a invisible wall between Yulia and the others. Like they dont really know how to interact with each other.

And Yulia and Hinoha really seem to get along while the others really celebrated her joining aswell.

#108 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 06:22 PM

Super excited to watch the reveal video! I wasn't expecting this when I hopped on today to get some wiki editing & webshow posting done, but I'm so happy with all the Kenshuusei additions and the new group announcement.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#109 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 06:26 PM

Watched the episode...

Well Mifu's reactions was the coldest one. I think it was mostly disappointment because she was hoping to join MM.

Best moments for me (maybe biased) was the KSS unit debut and adding the two members Yoshida and Kamimura (yeah<3) Their reaction was so sweet *_*

Ah and so happy Goto Hanna's dream came true and she became an ANGERME member.

Excited for the upcoming time, well if they would speed up the releases of the H!P groups ;)

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#110 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 11:52 PM

Let's talk about this.

Manager-san picked 2 girls with singing talent finally. It only took 6 Generations for them to care about singing ability.(No offense KitaRio wotas)

Finally we'll get a new sound.

#111 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:50 AM

Yes, sounds exciting . I hope at least one of them gets lines in the near future.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#112 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2325 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:10 PM

Let's talk about this.

Manager-san picked 2 girls with singing talent finally. It only took 6 Generations for them to care about singing ability.(No offense KitaRio wotas)

It's not difficult to find new members with singing ability through auditions. Look at Kasai Yuumi, Fukuda Marin, Tashiro Sumire, Tsutsui Roko and maybe even Kawana Rin.

The reason why the manager doesn't really care about singing ability for a long time is that MM relies on Fuku-chan, Odasaku and Maa-chan to finish the work.

Plus, the main reason why idols are attractive, in my opinion, is because they raise from having decent to almost no ability to becoming competent performers. Plus, if singing is what the members really care about, they'll try becoming artists instead.

#113 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:06 PM

Let's talk about this.

It's not difficult to find new members with singing ability through auditions. Look at Kasai Yuumi, Fukuda Marin, Tashiro Sumire, Tsutsui Roko and maybe even Kawana Rin.

The reason why the manager doesn't really care about singing ability for a long time is that MM relies on Fuku-chan, Odasaku and Maa-chan to finish the work.

Plus, the main reason why idols are attractive, in my opinion, is because they raise from having decent to almost no ability to becoming competent performers. Plus, if singing is what the members really care about, they'll try becoming artists instead.

I agree it's not difficult, but MM seemed avoid choosing good singers for a decade whether it be audition winners or KSS. I don't think anybody would disagree that MM has the worst line distribution in H!P. I constantly hear MM fans getting super excited about their fav member finally getting a line in a song even if it's just a syllable. Even the post above yours hopes that at least one of them gets lines in the near future. I wonder if Kaede's departure and public frustration about not getting lines is the reason. Despite all the new members, the only notable difference between MM18 and MM23 is the departure of Maa-chan. 

I think it'll be interesting to see if these two girls get pushed as the new sound while the other older members remain in the shadows or if they stick with the seniority system and these two girl get stuck in the back for a few years.

#114 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:06 PM

The staff is kinda obsessed with WRio and Mei right now so i don't see 17th gen getting a huge push. Being good at singing mean nothing for MM cause they'd rather focus on popular members good at everything than just good singers, and right now they have what they need.

We all expected Maachan lines to automatically go to Sakura or Mizuki but that's not what happened. They're pretty much shared between 12th gen, Rio and Mei, so the line distribution at feels a bit better.

As for good singers, it's nothing new. Mei, Rio, Kaede, Miki... The only big difference is that we're getting a generation full of good singer.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#115 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:42 PM

The staff is kinda obsessed with WRio and Mei right now so i don't see 17th gen getting a huge push. Being good at singing mean nothing for MM cause they'd rather focus on popular members good at everything than just good singers, and right now they have what they need.

We all expected Maachan lines to automatically go to Sakura or Mizuki but that's not what happened. They're pretty much shared between 12th gen, Rio and Mei, so the line distribution at feels a bit better.

As for good singers, it's nothing new. Mei, Rio, Kaede, Miki... The only big difference is that we're getting a generation full of good singer.

I recently watched a video titled Yamazaki Mei's Solo lines in MM. The video was 36 seconds long.

SMH

Utano Sataoshi is tone deaf and she get's 10 times the amount of solo lines.

I don't think MM fans realize how bad it really is.

BTW at what point did MM become NOT about singing?

#116 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:13 PM

Because they release less stuff. 15th gen is the first time in a while a new generation gets lines in every releases and they inherited lines pretty quickly. 12ki had to wait YEARS to stop being invisible during concerts. 15ki is already present in many songs. Same thing for Rairi. Not a lot of lines in her debut, but quickly inherited lines in important song. Is it ideal? No, but they're clearly shifting the focus if you look at the bigger picture.

Reina and Maria got a bigger push than Kaede and Miki (Lines aren't everything) and as much as i love them, they're far from being good singers. The idea that you're automatically getting a push if you're good at singing in MM is silly because tons of great singers stayed in the back for years. It's either you're popular and if the staff is lucky you're pretty good, or the staff decide to push you even if you're not a good singer and not really popular (Rare, but it happens)

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#117 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:18 PM

What do you consider a push if not lines?

Don't get me wrong, I support them, I want them to succeed, I just view them as stagnant and underperforming. I want them to shift the focus back to singing and music. I agree with you, tons of great singers stayed in the back for years.

That's the problem.

Management has added tons of girls then do absolutely nothing with them. Adding 2 new girls that seem to be good at singing could be a sign that they are making a change for the better but it'll only work if they abandon the old Seniority based system.

Yes, Sakura is the best singer, but put her and Mizuki on the dance team for the next single like they did Riho and Maro. Let's establish some new voices for MM. What can everybody else do without a crutch? 

#118 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:47 PM

Good amount of screen time (Not that MM is good at that), good positions in the dance formation, appearing in magazines (Rio and Maria right now) , being the go to member when it comes to promoting the singles, promoting the group outside of the usual means like Maria who appears in a lot of baseball and anime related stuff ect... They are idols so visibility can comes from different places.

Now i'm not saying the current line distribution is good. I just think it's slightly better than few years ago where nobody who graduated got their lines given to MaaSakuFuku.

But to be honest i don't expect them to be better. I think they're just gonna repeat the same mistakes and found 2-3 members to replace the current holy trio. It's MM, i gave up all hope XD

#119 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:42 PM

I don't expect anything to change aswell. Momusu relied on their main singers for generation now. When I found out about Morning Musume it was 80% Ai and Reina solos with a bit of a bit of Risa and Eri (despite having wonderfully skilled people like LinLin shoved in the back).
Then they had to replace Ai and Riho got pushed (I never liked her singing since it was so shouty but she was popular like no one else) when Reina was about to graduate Sakura joined. In the end it became Riho, Sakura with side support of Ayumi, Mizuki and Masaki.
And so on...this is ofc rough but Momusu had this system for a while now and it seems to work for the management and producers.
I guess Rio is about to become a main singer in the future to replace Mizuki. She is a decent singer with potential aswell as a visual and has entertainer qualities. I'm curious who the other one will be to eventually take Sakuras spot since nobody atm is close to that utahime level of hers or Ais.

#120 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 12:17 AM

They'll run a solo audition or two to find someone to replace Sakura eventually when she gradutes, but I get the feeling she's not going to graduate for a while. Imo they should've put Runo in MM but I guess they think Sakura will stick around longer than to need to replace her now.

I don't think having better singers is going to fix MM -- there have been singers with decent singing ability since 12th gen (Miki, Kaede, Rio, Mei, arguably even Homare) but management is going to do the same thing so long as MM sells enough and MM sells enough.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users