• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:17 PM

Feel like this might have slipped under the radar since there wasn't a post here yet.

img20220914100521s.jpg

Announced 9/14/2022: http://www.helloproj...com/news/15047/

Official Website: http://www.musume-audition.com/

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/hello_audition

Application Period: 9/14/2022 through 10/24/2022 (mailed applications must arrive by 10/24)

Qualifications: Females living in Japan between 5th grade elementary and 2nd year high school as of September 2022. Does not belong to or have a contract with an entertainment agency.

Top banner on the website reads:

You will build tomorrow.

This year, Morning Musume celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Therefore, aiming for further evolution,

we will have a mass recruitment for new members.

Believe in yourself and accept this challenge.

In Morning Musume,

and in Hello! Project,

the one who builds tomorrow is you.

~~~ ROUND 1 OVER 11/11/22 ~~~

https://twitter.com/...MDQ_a3jsJQsAAAA

Those who passed round 1 will be notified via e-mail.

~~~ ROUND 2 OVER 12/15/2022 ~~~

The online screening has been completed and 3rd round interview information has been mailed to successful applicants.

~~~ ROUND 3 OVER 2/28/2023 ~~~

https://twitter.com/...1487241219?s=20

Successful applicants were sent information about the next screening by mail.

~~~ROUND 4 OVER 4/3/2023 ~~~

https://twitter.com/...1962877952?s=20

Successful applicants have been notified and move on to the next screening

#2 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 03:45 AM

I'm glad we have a thread. Excited about this audition.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#3 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

I didn't expect another audition this soon, but I would be a liar if I said it didn't get me excited anyway. :lol: With all the crap happening in life right now, I need something fun like this to follow along with.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#4 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:44 AM

Mass recruitment??? Ahhh, does that mean we will get a big generation?? It's always exciting when new members are added!

MRkgm6i.png

#5 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 06:27 AM

With many 20+yo members, we can expect graduations soon. PonPon aren't staying forever. That's why they need fresh blood now.

#6 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 09:54 AM

"mass recruitment"...
Yikes.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#7 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 07:16 PM

:o I'm guessing a 3-4 member gen then. Very exciting--really increases the chances of Hana or Mifu getting in, I think, if they're looking for a big gen.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#8 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 06:59 AM

We may be looking at the beginning of a new era, with a couple big gens and many graduations. :/

#9 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:23 AM

When they say "mass recruitment" it's more about "hey, we're holding auditions at large and casting our net to as wide an audience as possible" rather than hinting toward a large generation.

#10 Angela-chan

Angela-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 01:41 PM

If anything I feel like this is a mass recruitment for Kenshuusei.

#11 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:53 PM

We may be looking at the beginning of a new era, with a couple big gens and many graduations. :/

oh I'm excited, but I don't want to see Mizuki/erina/ayumi leaving...  but I know the same thing that happened to platinum era, will happen to today's mm.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#12 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:27 AM

oh I'm excited, but I don't want to see Mizuki/erina/ayumi leaving...  but I know the same thing that happened to platinum era, will happen to today's mm.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think they'd rather have an audition now than leave a big generational gap like there was between the Platinum and Colorful eras.

#13 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:11 PM

Maybe they're upping to 25 members for the 25th anniversary :lol:

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#14 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:03 AM

Well, unless Fuku-chan has another goal, I doubt that she graduates. The manager has a special deal for her. She's the representative of not only MM, but also the whole H!P.

However, either Eripon, Ayumin or Odasaku will graduate soon. Therefore, this generation can consist of 2 or more members

Also, once Fuku-chan, Ayumin and maybe Chel decide to graduate, MM will experience a disaster. Kitario, no matter how awesome she is, cannot save the group by herself. I'm not too picky about new members chosen, but the way MM works right now needs changing, since most of the members' talents have been buried somewhere the fans cannot find. Hardcore MM fans know the talents of MM members, but mainstream audience won't.

About audition as a bait for recruiting KSS members: yes, but I don't think it will be mass recruitment, since there are only 2 KSSs being recruited from the last audition, and about 3 KSSs being recruited from the TF & J=J joint audition.

#15 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1856 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 11:04 AM

Well, unless Fuku-chan has another goal, I doubt that she graduates. The manager has a special deal for her. She's the representative of not only MM, but also the whole H!P.
However, either Eripon, Ayumin or Odasaku will graduate soon. Therefore, this generation can consist of 2 or more members

Also, once Fuku-chan, Ayumin and maybe Chel decide to graduate, MM will experience a disaster. Kitario, no matter how awesome she is, cannot save the group by herself. I'm not too picky about new members chosen, but the way MM works right now needs changing, since most of the members' talents have been buried somewhere the fans cannot find. Hardcore MM fans know the talents of MM members, but mainstream audience won't.

About audition as a bait for recruiting KSS members: yes, but I don't think it will be mass recruitment, since there are only 2 KSSs being recruited from the last audition, and about 3 KSSs being recruited from the TF & J=J joint audition.

My thoughts regarding the future of MM 1:1! They need new Ace members or simply promote their current ones more.
I think Management really swam with the "we are MM, the name is recognition enough" for to long

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#16 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:46 PM

Maybe they're upping to 25 members for the 25th anniversary :lol:

LOL! I wouldn't complain about that! XD

MRkgm6i.png

#17 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 02:26 AM

I would personally welcome a return to < 10 members. Platinum Era, while we complained endlessly about it being the AiReina show, actually did have plenty of opportunities in concerts, albums, and DVD magazines for everyone to get some spotlight. Feels like most members now barely get any bones thrown their way.

If we assume 1 grad at each spring/autumn tour, in a little over 2 years from now we'll be at 8 members + whomever wins this current audition. A couple new members now, and more from another audition in ~1.5 years, then MM will be in a good spot, I think. The gens will be spaced out and with a good spread of ages. The agency just needs to not make the same mistake of no new members for 3 years followed by massive gens of new girls.

#18 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 01:56 PM

I actually think MM and UFP are very lucky that the girls stuck it out during the pandemic and didn't graduate during those three years. I still believe it's the only reason a lot of the members haven't left yet. Maachan's grad most definitely made the members think "ok it's okay to leave now", a pattern i've seen with a lot of idol groups over the last year or so, so it's not surprising to me that they're holding another audition. Only having Rio join told me two things, that they didn't find the kind of girls they were looking for in the last audition (except Rio of course) but also that what they're looking for isn't just an average idol but someone who can replace legendary members like 9-11ki, and that's a big ask. 

I'm glad they're being smart and holding another audition now, I'd be surprised if any of 9-13ki are still around in the next 4 years. It's much better to allow fans to get to know the newbies while the group still has those older members, it makes the transition smoother. Call me chaotic (lol) but I really want a 4 member generation! We haven't had one in over 10 years now, it would be so fun to see that again. A 4nin gen followed by a 2nin gen a couple years from then would be perfect! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#19 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:50 PM

^ you're right. we need a 4 member generation, because I fear sakura might graduate soon as well.

#20 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:06 PM

Yup it's kind of amazing that there haven't been more graduations due to lockdowns, etc. I'm pretty sure that the younger generations are being socially stunted because of it. Though maybe if you belong to an idol group you have a better support network than if you are just working at Pizza-La. #LonelyTimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users