(° °) =(^^)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII∩^ω^∩IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#142 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:44 AM

I am not super enthused about the new additions except for Sakura, but I can understand how they would want to keep their current decent performers if they wanted to start a new group. I predict another audition for MM to be announced later this year, and probably some more graduations. I am glad that the generation was so small though--maybe more girls will get to sing now.

I have a feeling they're saving Mifu for Anju.

I do feel like Yulia and Hasumi would benefit from debuting into a brand new group, or maybe into Biyo. I am all for another new group so long as UF can keep up with promoting them.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#143 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:51 AM

Rikako surprise reveal is still #1 but I think this may knock Yume surprise reveal from #2 spot.

Nothing will ever top Ichioka's response.

#144 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 02:24 AM

I am not super enthused about the new additions except for Sakura, but I can understand how they would want to keep their current decent performers if they wanted to start a new group. I predict another audition for MM to be announced later this year, and probably some more graduations. I am glad that the generation was so small though--maybe more girls will get to sing now.

I have a feeling they're saving Mifu for Anju.

I do feel like Yulia and Hasumi would benefit from debuting into a brand new group, or maybe into Biyo. I am all for another new group so long as UF can keep up with promoting them.

I agree. MM needs more than one new member and I'm sure another graduation will happen soon.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#145 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 04:15 PM

Can't wait to see the idol glow up for these girls and their first ever group photos.

#146 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 06:16 PM

I'm a bit torn when it comes to these results but I can understand why they are the way they are.

Basically sums up my thoughts.

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand I'm glad that there are only 3 new girls. On the other hand... I kind of expected more.

I do like Sakura and I'm glad she went to Juice. Her friend Ichika is there and her looks fit the group's vibe. But she's not a good singer. Akari doesn't seem to be one either... and while I know that Juice is in a phase of restructuring, it's just that I want good singers for the group. A lot of their songs are hard, because they were sung by some of the best H!P singers in the last 10-15 years. All members can sing somewhat, and of course Ruru and Rei are amazing and Riai is getting there, but still - what I want for the group is someone who is a great performer from the get-go, since they lost 4 great performers in a rather short time (Karin, Sayuki, Tomoko, Manaka). (I do like the new Akari though!)

And for Morning...

It's going to be hard. A lot of fans already compare new Rio to Masaki and those are footsteps that can't be filled lol. And while I do like the vibe that she's giving and her voice can be worked with, she's definitely not someone I was looking for in a new MM member. I thought you either add a super young girl that can be in the back for nearly 10 years, like 12th gen did, or add someone who's so amazing that she can take over for Sakura when she calls it quits. And we got neither.

Ah, well.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#147 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 09:18 PM

I'm a bit torn when it comes to these results but I can understand why they are the way they are.

Basically sums up my thoughts.

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand I'm glad that there are only 3 new girls. On the other hand... I kind of expected more.

I do like Sakura and I'm glad she went to Juice. Her friend Ichika is there and her looks fit the group's vibe. But she's not a good singer. Akari doesn't seem to be one either... and while I know that Juice is in a phase of restructuring, it's just that I want good singers for the group. A lot of their songs are hard, because they were sung by some of the best H!P singers in the last 10-15 years. All members can sing somewhat, and of course Ruru and Rei are amazing and Riai is getting there, but still - what I want for the group is someone who is a great performer from the get-go, since they lost 4 great performers in a rather short time (Karin, Sayuki, Tomoko, Manaka). (I do like the new Akari though!)

And for Morning...

It's going to be hard. A lot of fans already compare new Rio to Masaki and those are footsteps that can't be filled lol. And while I do like the vibe that she's giving and her voice can be worked with, she's definitely not someone I was looking for in a new MM member. I thought you either add a super young girl that can be in the back for nearly 10 years, like 12th gen did, or add someone who's so amazing that she can take over for Sakura when she calls it quits. And we got neither.

Ah, well.

I feel this so hard. They should have added Runo to MM, forget an audition. A voice like Sakura or Sayuki or Runo doesn't come around every year, and they're going to have to search hard to find a replacement, though Sakura does have a few years left with the lengths the girls stay on these days. Maybe this was why they only added one member--because they didn't find an utahime, and decided that they were just going to have to try again soon.

It feels like they're going in a different direction with Juice these days, which I hope works out for them. I mean they still have Ruru and Rei and UemuAkari and Riai (and even Yume and Ichika are pretty decent most days), but to go from a group of almost entirely utahimes to now is...an adjustment. But also, Tomoko and Sayuki and Karin were uniquely talented with amazing voices, and it's not like it's easy to find cute girls who sing that well. And they've got good vocal training. So...fingers crossed the older girls don't graduate anytime soon and the younger ones catch up I guess.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#148 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2325 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 10:01 PM

I think I know why. The manager doesn't seem to invest strong vocalists in MM or J=J anymore. The graduation of Maa-chan and Karin/KNTM/Sayubee/Maanakan destabilizes the fanbases of MM and J=J, respectively, a lot, to the point that the groups cannot be recovered by any means. Therefore, I guess in the manager's mind, adding strong vocalists to these group is a waste. They just think of a way to keep the fanbase not shrinking fast. For J=J, I'm not so sure, but for MM, KKSs who are strong vocalists wouldn't be chosen as MM members, starting after Sakura's addition. A lot of people wanted Karin, Kirara, Hirayama Yuki, Ishiguri Kanami, etc. to be in MM, but it didn't work. They went to new groups or a group you'll never think of.

Well, I guess for the next year, if the KSS wins performance award, she won't be put to MM for sure. It's not that J=J and MM are bad, it's just that members with potentials are not in the spotlight (new members). Riai has to wait until Sayubee leaves to shine, and Kisaki is still nowhere to be found despite her strong vocal. People want new MM member to be Maa-chan 2.0, but hiding Maa-chan 2.0 in the back is a very bad strategy.

#149 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 05:44 AM

Personally I am very happy with the new additions and I have no complaints.

As for Sakura in JJ, I disagree with the comments about her not being a good singer. She definitely lacks control with her tone/voice cracking, but there is a lot more to singing than just that. Her rhythm and timing is very good, you can see by how she moves too that she has a strong command of it. It's not a secret that H!P management favors girls with strong rhythmic singing, after all that is the kind of singer that Tsunku was and how they have primarily trained h!p girls to sing since the foundation of h!p. Also, most songs in the h!p library are lifeless or completely fall apart unless the rhythm is executed well.

Edit: I would like to clarify after watching her performances more closely, that the thing that originally struck me as her having a good sense of timing/rhythm, is how some of her movements and and singing is extremely precise in how it aligns with the track. She doesn't keep that precision the whole time, but I think it's something that's on her mind because it takes a lot of concentration to learn to do it right even sometimes. This is of course, only one facet of rhythm, and I think that her accuracy would be more consistent if she practiced really *feeling* the groove more to take command in her performance. It's my theory that this sort of thing is like a light switch, either you get it or you don't, and once you get it and that switch is turned on, everything starts to click and there is a huge sudden improvement. (For example, Ayana who at her first shindan test didn't seem to get it much, to suddenly being able to perform tsugitsugi zokuzoku quite well at her next one - to me the light switch went off between this time, and then to her even more polished performance of jealousyx2 this year) I think when Sakura finally has that aha moment, she will be really really impressive.

On the other end of the spectrum from Sakura there is someone like Runo, who many people consider to be a good singer because she has a strong voice/more stable tone, but butchered the rhythm of songs during her KSS time. Honestly I find the debut of Runo to be more surprising than Sakura for this reason. If Tsunku were still picking the girls, I don't think she would have had a chance. Think about all of the times during MM auditions that girls with powerful voices were passed up for someone like Sayumi or Koharu. Watching Sayumi's audition it's comical how she can sing so horribly out of tune, while keeping with the rhythm so well comparatively. It's as if she didn't realize that there was more to music than timing and just made up pitches as she went along. 

Again, the one thing h!p music has in common across all genres/styles is that almost all are "rhythm heavy" songs, lots of 16 beat songs with a strong groove/syncopation. There are also many small rhythmic details that give the songs energy that might be missed unless listening carefully (esp. tsunku era h!p), and it takes a lot of concentration on rhythm to be able to pull those off during performance. This is why it's important that there are girls that are able to do this. Someone like Runo (at least as of her KSS days, not sure what she's up to lately) would be swallowed alive if she tried to perform a JJ song like Hakada no x3 Kiss. Meanwhile, I have faith that Sakura would do it well. This is exactly why she is a great asset for a "high level performance" group like JJ. If JJ was filled with a bunch of girls great at belting high notes but not these rhythmic details, they wouldn't be able to perform most of their library anymore. This is also likely why she was given Makoto's choice award at this year's shindan test, because he is a drummer and more inclined to be particular about rhythm in performance. 

As for the other girls, I don't have so much to say other than I am glad they're not adding too many members, and I'm excited to see how the new girls will grow. I like Rio's old school h!p face and deeper voice. 

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#150 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2325 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 06:27 AM

First, since J=J before Karin's graduation consists of strong vocalists, the perception of "good singer" is very different. Second, Sakura is just an average singer at general H!P level, not too good, but not bad. Despite this, I don't think adding Sakura is a mistake. There are two reasons:

Not being a good singer right now doesn't mean not being a good singer forever. Sakura can improve while she's a J=J member, and I think she can do it. Proof: Compare her 2021 and 2022 Shindan Test.

Singing well doesn't guarantee delivering the performance well. Technically, Manakan's singing isn't as good as Aarii. However, Manakan's performance is still better. Why? Manakan can convey the feeling of the songs. Aarii's performance seems to be empty most of the times. I'll give you another example: Maa-chan's singing is good, but not as good as top-notch MM vocalists. However, she's an excellent performer. Every time I watched her perform, I was really impressed even though I'm not her fan. One last example: Sayu. She's not a good singer, but I doubt the best vocalist can outperform Sayu's Suki da na kimi ga.

I have no doubt Sakura will strive in J=J. I'll give you commentaries about Sakura from Tsunku, which were translated by Lurkette.

https://www.hello-on...song-selection/

https://www.hello-on...ong-selection​/

#151 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 09:57 AM

I suppose my idea of a good singer, while the "professional" singer would be very good at many things, I find appreciation in various strong points. So long as someone is doing some aspect well enough, I would consider them good. Rather, I hesitate to call them bad, even if some (or many) things need improvement. Tsunku's comments were interesting, in some ways he is praising her but also being critical. At some times her timing is really great and satisfying, other times she loses it a bit, personally I chalked it up to nerves/excitement, but overall I enjoyed it and out of all of the aspects of her singing, she seems to put more effort into her timing and energy. I figure that consistency will come with more practice. She has also been a KSS for a shorter time than all of the other girls that are joining the new KSS Unit. I wonder if he writes critically about her rhythm because he sees potential and has faith that she can become really amazing? It's interesting to me that he didn't make any comments on Hasumi's rhythm in her C/C when there were several problems. But the more that I look into his comments, I start to overthink everything LOL so I'll stop with that.

I suppose the way that I see her fitting into the group, not as an utahime or given flashy parts, but someone who can reliably sing group or smaller lines. To me, this is good. I also think that she will improve immensely over the next few years and be even better as a member who keeps a solid core. 

Truthfully when juice was formed, I didn't have an image of them as being strong vocalists. I felt like Kanatomo was really strong, Karin pretty good, and everyone else was average. Then over time they worked their butts off to be seen as the "powerhouse" group. I also might have been too hard on them around the time they formed, but I remember being really surprised some years later watching performances, that I didn't expect everyone to get THAT good. 

Overall, I'm the kind of person that is more interested in lively performances even with many mistakes, than highly polished performances that lack a unique flair. So long as they are entertaining me with their voice and not other aspects (such as dance or facial expressions), I would still consider both types to be good singers just in different ways. I think it's unfair to call one singer better than another, just because they happen to excel at certain aspects of singing that you (or I) place more value in while listening. To a person who values pitch accuracy and range in singing, they would (probably) say Oda is the best singer in MM. To someone who values rhythm feeling and stylistic enunciation but doesn't care about pitch, they would probably say Maachan (was) the best in MM. Maybe someone just really likes the tone of Yokoyan's voice, so they think she is the best singer in MM. They are all valid answers imo. There is no master list that ranks which aspects of music or singing are the most important in order to determine which singer is better or who is "good". Individual cultures usually place importance on certain traits, but I don't think there is much validity to any one way of ranking singers, especially when you consider how much preferences change over time and across cultures. There are just too many ways to listen to and enjoy music, that realistically no one can excel at everything. If I am going to make the distinction of a good performer vs a good singer, then I would only do that if I felt that their singing was not at all enjoyable to listen to, but that their dancing/mannerisms/non-singing elements made the performance fun to watch. 

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#152 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:03 AM

I think we are very spoiled with good singers that we can't recognize truly bad singers.

Forgive me Tsunku for I have sinned.

I was browsing AKB48's live performances where they actually sing and let me tell you....

...utter trash. Not even group lines sounded passable. Sounded like somebody was torturing a cat.

I don't think they even rehearse together. 

I want my money back and I didn't even pay for it. 

Somebody needs to pay for my emotional distress.

I'd rather listen to a Sayumi A' Capella album. 

I'd rather have a deep intellectual conversation with Ichioka.

I'd rather tell Koharu I like her.

I'd rather listen to a motivational speech from Rina.

Just don't make me listen to them again.

All in all, what we consider not good is also not bad.

#153 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:19 AM

Haha, definitely, H!P has better singing standards than many idol groups. It's true that none of the new audition winners this time around are outright bad singers--they're definitely all unpolished and could use more training and will probably turn out to be decent to good singers after a year or two, but I think a lot of people were hoping for great singers because we have been a bit spoiled with great singers in H!P, especially with Juice.

That said, both Akari and Rio are growing on me after reading their blogs, and more selfies. I think all of these audition winners were solid additions to H!P--personally I was hoping for amazing singers but I guess neither group really needs more at the moment, and once I adjusted my expectations I'm pretty happy with the results.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#154 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 06:40 AM

I think H!P has built their reputation on live singing, even to the point where people at the music festivals are suprised they sang live.

It even happened when MM went to S.Korea in 2016.

There are idol groups that lean more toward cuteness and personality, and others more performance based.

Both have their place in the idol world, I think H!P has tried to have a nice balance.

Am I happy with past audition selections? No, in hindsight some members would have been better fit in MM instead of placing them in the KSS.

But that's here nor there and I trust the overall process.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#155 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 09:06 AM

One of my senpai went to a Japanese university during 3 months. She's a huge fans of idols so she went to a HP concert since she's a fan and she was complaining about some girls singing. 3 days later, she went to a festival with several idol groups and she was like "You know what... HP worst singers aren't that bad" XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#156 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 02:14 PM

One of my senpai went to a Japanese university during 3 months. She's a huge fans of idols so she went to a HP concert since she's a fan and she was complaining about some girls singing. 3 days later, she went to a festival with several idol groups and she was like "You know what... HP worst singers aren't that bad" XD

Haha, Ami says Thanks! ;) XD

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users