Photo

[12/08] Morning Musume ‘21 70th Single “Teenage Solution / Yoshi Yoshi Shite Hoshii no / Beat no Wakusei”

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#21 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 08:22 PM

Sigh. Again a milestone single being a grad one. It's like Riho's all over again, but I feel like they'll push for a bigger campaign in the 75th single like they did with the 50th

Um, if Riho, Zukki, Harunan, Haruka and Haachin didn't get solo songs, why should Masaki? But I won't mind if future girls also get a solo in their graduation singles.

• Riho's solo was converted into a group song, but they still released a Riho version of Tsumetai
  • Zukki was the group's media darling, she's the last graduating member to get a Music Station graduation performance in recent years
  • Harunan and Duu got an A-side song focused on themselves
  • Haachin was not much emphasized on her last single because her graduation was announced after they wrapped up recording for A Gonna/Are You Happy

But considering everything with the recent graduations, Maa is one of the best merchandise mover (she brings in the goods sales) since Riho, so we would probably get one song that will heavily feature her, if not a solo. Let's also consider Maa's desire -- if she wanted a single with everyone and not a solo, a Musume song with her as a solo focus/center is something we should expect.

It's also surprising to know that we're getting a release date for a new single this early (more than 2 months). Normally we get an announcement for Morning Musume at least a month before the release

Untitled-1.jpg

#22 Otak48

Otak48

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 10:20 PM

I also think I remember that Riho was meant to get a solo song, but either she wanted it to be a group song, or her vocals weren't up to it at the time, so they turned it into a group song (I believe it was Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi?). But I can't remember if that was confirmed or just a rumour after all this time. 

Not only should Maachan get a solo, it should be written by Maachan.

iirc the reason is because they decided Tsumetai as the first A-side. I assume it would be weird having solo as a first track in a group's single release.

As far as solo graduation track in H!P goes, I almost find any of them are kind of boring, even the fun one like Sayumi's. And aren't they mostly gone into vault once the member graduates? I prefer tracks like Utakata that can be performed time to time, so whenever I saw it, I can always remember of the graduated member.

Edit

I read the reason from Tsunku's comment of Tsumetai here 楽曲コメント|つんく♂オフィシャルブログ 「つんブロ♂芸能コース」Powered by Ameba -8ページ目 (ameblo.jp)

#23 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 11:29 PM

I mean, to be fair, a lot of A-sides and B-sides that don't prove popular go straight in the vault.

But I'm actually starting to think though they're probably not going to give her a solo song with MM for the 70th because they're probably going to give her solo songs after grad, and they probably want to establish her identity separate from MM. But she's definitely going to be a centre in one of the songs.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#24 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:08 AM

I do think Maa-chan does deserve a solo song in her final single with MM, she has been in the group ten years and she has been very popular so it would be a good money maker too. I hope she does do an original song, but I do wonder if she will do a cover like Risa did with Egao ni Namida?

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#25 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:36 AM

I think doing a cover while she's in MM makes sense--otherwise like...who owns her original song? Is it an MM song? Or a Masaki song? I think if the office kept her original stuff just for her solo career that would probably make more sense from a business perspective.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#26 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:14 AM

I thought it was only members that had a 10+ tenure that got solo grad songs…? (Aichan, Risa, Reina, Sayu… every grad from Riho onward weren’t in the group that long. Mizuki, Erina, Ishida, and Maa-chan are the first girls since Sayu to hit the 10 year mark.

#27 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:17 AM

Well, to track what's happened in Momusu

Asuka: Never Forget

Aya: nothing special, not even in Tanpopo either

Yuko: nothing special, but had her solo career so, probably didn't really need one

Natsumi: same as above

Kaori: same as above

Sayaka: nothing really

Kei: covered Asuka's solo song

Mari: lol

Maki: focus on Do it! Now

Ai & Nozomi: None prolly because of W formation

Rika: focused song

Hitomi: focused song

Makoto & Asami: none (1 big line each doesn't to me feel great)

Ai: Jishin Motte Yume wo Motte Tobitatsu Kara

Risa: covered an Aya song that she already covered a year ago XD

Miki: lol

Eri: Focus on A-side & B-side

Reina: Rock no Teigi

Sayumi: Shabadabadoo~ & Mikaeri Bijin was about her too

Koharu: LOL

Aika: too late for her to get focus as she piggybacked on Risa's graduation

Junjun & Linlin: I would say no focus

Riho: focus on Tsumetai Kaze no Kataomoi

Kanon: focus on Utakata Saturday Night!

Haruka: focus on Wakaindashi!

Haruna: focus on Y Jiro no Tochuu

Haruna: LOLS

#28 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:43 AM

Ai and Nozomi went on to form W so I think they didn't need a focus,just like the girls who had a solo debut.

#29 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:49 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot that thankies!

#30 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:58 AM

How could anyone forget W (just kidding don't worry, I just personally love W)

#31 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

I would expect a triple a-single - 2 group songs with 1 Masaki original solo (considering her being the most popular member in the current group incarnation and her having a 10-year tenure in MM).

She will also most likely get a solo single cover like Risa/Sayumi did.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like this:

(1) Double or Triple A-side, with one song focus on Masaki

(2) Double or Triple A-side, with a Masaki original solo song as B-side + PV (somewhat similar to Risa)

(3) Double or Triple A-side, with a separate digital-only Masaki original solo + PV (like what they did for Kana/Rina of Angerme)

(4) Double or Triple A-side, with a Masaki solo cover song as B-side

(5) Double or Triple A-side, with a separate digital-only Masaki solo cover song (like what they did for Mizuki/Musubu of Angerme)

#32 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:18 PM

Well, while the solo does seem likely to happen, the solo single cover not so much, Reina got a solo song too but didn't get a single solo cover but Ai-chan did despite having smaller ternure but surpassing the 10 years. So I guess to get the single cover is necessary to surpass the 10 years and being a leader.

Morning Musume'19

#33 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:51 AM

I 'know' that tenure won't count for anything in Erina's case. Do you really can imagine her getting a solo song? She deserves it, but she won't get anything. Maybe one big line in the third song of a triple A side single... in the second verse!

MRkgm6i.png

#34 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 01:26 AM

I think Erina's probably not going to get a solo song, but at least one of the A-sides will have her as a visual centre if nothing else.

I still think they're not going to give Masaki an original solo song with this single--maybe a cover of something, but I feel like management would want all Masaki solos to be attributed to her as a solo artist, and not part of MM.

I wonder how early can we expect to start hearing previews or even the song titles?

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#35 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 04:38 AM

I think doing a cover while she's in MM makes sense--otherwise like...who owns her original song? Is it an MM song? Or a Masaki song? I think if the office kept her original stuff just for her solo career that would probably make more sense from a business perspective.

Reina and Sayu treat their solos as their own songs.

#36 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 05:50 AM

Reina and Sayu treat their solos as their own songs.

really? I guess Maa's getting a solo song then. :)

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#37 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 09:08 AM

I guess in the end it all depends on whether she wants one or not lmao. I'd love for them to play into her talents, like how Maro wrote the lyrics to her grad solo song.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#38 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 11:37 AM

I 'know' that tenure won't count for anything in Erina's case. Do you really can imagine her getting a solo song? She deserves it, but she won't get anything. Maybe one big line in the third song of a triple A side single... in the second verse!

It depends though. I mean Kana and Rina from Angerme got original solo songs and I don't think they are more popular than Erina?

I can see the management doing a separate digital-only solo release for Erina to thank her for her commitment and acknowledge her tenure.

#39 Akpopguy

Akpopguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:35 PM

If Tsunku wrote Maa a song though for her, she would not turn it down. And I think he's inclined to write one, considering she's one of the last girls he hand picked that wasn't a trainee before he took a step back. I think a third A-side with her being the center (Wakandashi teas) is most likely, maybe even a double center with Ayumi so they can retool it and just have it be an Ayumi song for future concerts, like Tsumetai.

giphy.gif

🌸🌸🌸SAKURA 🌸🌸🌸🌈MASAKI🌈🇺🇸MIKI🇺🇸

🐥KAMIKO🐥 🍉AKARI🍉

✨Hello! Project✨

#40 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:23 PM

To put it simply, everyone gets honored in one way or another, whether it‘s just getting to stand in the center for the final pose of their last single (Haachin), getting to center one (Duu) or two A-sides (Riho), or being given a focused B-side (Harunan), or solo songs (Reina, Sayu, Aichan).

Maachan is simply the star of current MM, the management wants to bank on her graduation and her many fans want to see her get a pompous send-off. Both are understandable.

There is no fairness or equal treatment of members in MM, there never was, but at least everyone gets thrown a bone for their graduation, unless it’s an abrupt one for various reasons.

I8dtEOy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users