#41 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 07:08 PM

Lurkette's translation of reina/Mifu talk segment:

https://www.hello-on...a-talk-portion/

Tanaka: Thank you! This is my oshi now. Kawashima is my #1 out of all the trainees, so take care of her.

Oda, Fuku-chan and now Reina-sama. Mifu is already like a legend.  :P

#42 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 06:59 PM

Seeing as how Mifu didn't make it into the KSS unit I'm 100% sure they already have her down for a group. I'm just hoping beyond all hope that it's MM!

#43 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 07:36 PM

She won the Shindan test this year (rightfully). Hoping that means a guaranteed debut by the end of the year! She's too good.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#44 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:43 PM

Well, miyooons wins this time. Announced for J=J inside 2 weeks of the comment!
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#45 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:22 AM

Fabulous! I'm so glad she's debuting. I don't think it was ever in question that she would, but still I'm happy that it's in Juice=Juice. I was originally hoping for Momusu, but I think she'll get to shine more in J=J.

#46 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 06:43 PM

I can't help to think she is secretly disappointed she didn't go to MM'.   After all that's how her mother introduced her H!P.   She'll be in good company with Yafuzo.

I was really hoping she would be in MM' myself but once she won the ability test I knew it wouldn't happen.

#47 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:57 PM

Is one of the older and more respeted Haropro traditions: "If you win Shindan Test, you'll never be a Musume".

#48 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:57 PM

That is so stupid that someone decided MM' can't have a test winner.  Ironically, if your from Hokkaido Kenshussei, that rule goes out the window since Mei won her exam, if I'm not mistaken.   They made a huge mistake not putting Mifu in MM'... IMAO.

#49 RoseQuartz+Aina

RoseQuartz+Aina

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 05:13 PM

What is sad for Mifu is to be promoted 1 year after Ishiyama Sakura.

I understand why they promoted Sakura, but if Mifu had been promoted to Morning Musume.

The wait would have been worth it.

#50 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 01:51 AM

Morning Musume's FIRST AND OLDEST point is picking up the people who lose a competition.

But I find it hilarious that ya'll introduce fan-imagined rules ALONGSIDE the relevant counter-examples.   :arrow:

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#51 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 05:22 AM

First, most Shindan test winners were not picked for MM, but a sore loser will never be picked. Otherwise, girls like Kudo Haruka or Oda Sakura used to be sore losers. They are not as popular as girls like Miyamoto Karin or Sasaki Rikako back then, but they're not losers.

Morning Musume's FIRST AND OLDEST point is picking up the people who lose a competition.

But I find it hilarious that ya'll introduce fan-imagined rules ALONGSIDE the relevant counter-examples.   :arrow:

Then try to persuade me that Kaga Kaede is also a loser. Don't make me laugh!

https://helloproject...sei/Annual_Test

That is so stupid that someone decided MM' can't have a test winner.  Ironically, if your from Hokkaido Kenshussei, that rule goes out the window since Mei won her exam, if I'm not mistaken.   They made a huge mistake not putting Mifu in MM'... IMAO.

I don't know if putting Mifu in MM will make her shine. If you put girls like Yofuu Runo or Ebata Kisaki into MM, I assure you they never have a chance to get any lines up to this point.

However, I think that putting her in J=J is a huge mistake. Line distributions for J=J favor members with higher seniority. No offense, but Matsunaga Riai and Ebata Kisaki will never have a chance to shine if KNTM is still in the group (she's one of the main trio vocalists so it's really stupid not to let her have lines), and right now Aarii, who was not promoted during 5-nin and 7-nin era, becomes the stepping stone, despite not being in Karin - KNTM - Sayubee group.

Right now besides the Ruru - Reirei - Aarii, there are Riai, Ichika and Eba-chan. Therefore, it's plausible to assume that Mifu's turn will be 5 years later.

#52 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 05:40 AM

^

You're fighting the wrong person Touki.

"First and oldest point" is not a rule.  The original 5 members were the 5 people who lost in the finals, that's who and what they were at the moment they gathered, before they were named, and before they had a song or a path to a debut.  That's all I was saying.  I was not saying "And therefor nobody who wins a contest will ever be in Morning Musume."

I don't believe in any of the rules fans talk about.  Production and management does whatever they think will work; they're not running down a checklist.

Loser when it's not part of another idiomatic phrases is a loaded word you should not use this way.

#53 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:28 AM

We have no idea how they decide who goes where.   All we see as fans is that MM' does not get 'test' winners.  Until that changes, we fans go with what we see.  

Whether Mifu can sing or not, she has the looks and personality that would have fit MM.  Several senior members, as well as OG members of H!P thought she would be a good fit for MM'.  So that is why some of us got disappointed.  They made it seems like MM' is where she was destined to end up.  Just because she didn't end up at MM's dinner table doesn't mean we want her to starve.  We want her to shine no matter which group she's in, because she became a fan favorite. 

About the term "losers". None of them are losers because they debuted and became our idols.  Some, we wish could have shined more due to placement and or timing, but they were all winners.  Nakazawa was an absolute b!tch but after some time she became just as beloved as the other four.   The only real losers are the ones that quit KSS, because everyone, eventually, gets a shot.

#54 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:14 AM

Losers is probably the wrong word. Underdog would be better. Everybody loves an underdog story.

True, the group was founded by 5 members that didn't win. It was a gamble that paid off. Their hard work and dedication allowed them to debut. Mizuki failed her audition but was added on a whim. Kaede's whole origin story is her failing many times to make it in MM but eventually making it.

#55 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:52 AM

I think that putting her in J=J is a huge mistake. Line distributions for J=J favor members with higher seniority. No offense, but Matsunaga Riai and Ebata Kisaki will never have a chance to shine if KNTM is still in the group (she's one of the main trio vocalists so it's really stupid not to let her have lines), and right now Aarii, who was not promoted during 5-nin and 7-nin era, becomes the stepping stone, despite not being in Karin - KNTM - Sayubee group.

Right now besides the Ruru - Reirei - Aarii, there are Riai, Ichika and Eba-chan. Therefore, it's plausible to assume that Mifu's turn will be 5 years later.

No offence to their fans, but Matsunaga Riai and Ebata Kisaki were nowhere near as good at singing as Tomoko was. Uemuu is finally getting lines because all of the better singers have graduated and she's one of the better singers now, and because she's one of the more popular members just by having been in the group so long. Ruru got lots of lines right off the bat, because she was good at singing. Yanamin got decent exposure because she was popular and management liked her.

I think it'll be hard to predict if Mifu gets a push in J=J or not. I think management will push her if she proves popular with fans, but she's not likely to get a push just based on her singing abilities. She's good for KSS, and has potential, but currently J=J is still stacked with strong singers.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#56 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 06:54 AM

I think it'll be hard to predict if Mifu gets a push in J=J or not. I think management will push her if she proves popular with fans, but she's not likely to get a push just based on her singing abilities. She's good for KSS, and has potential, but currently J=J is still stacked with strong singers.

And that's the reason why a lot of fans are not happy when she is assigned to J=J. People are biased, and they consider Mifu a fit for MM. Her duo with Tanaka Reina, her being mentioned by Fuku-chan. Therefore, people expect her to be in MM, despite assumptions that she may not be the front girls.

As J=J is stacked with strong singers, and even if I don't consider Aarii a top batter, there are still 5 strong performers ahead of Mifu. If people consider Aarii just behind Ruru and Reirei, it makes 6. Therefore, I think Mifu will not be pushed until 5 years later.

I don't know whether Mifu's reaction to the announcement was "I'm still absorbing what's going on here" or "I'm disappointed that it's not MM". If it's the latter, I'm not surprised because the girls are smart enough to know their chances to shine in a particular group.

#57 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:36 PM

There's really no point in arguing about this. It is what it is, what's happened has happened. Manager-san didn't think she fit the vision for MM but she is welcomed in J=J. That's a win.  We'll never really know what was going through her mind. At the end of the day it's a job, she's an employee.

MM Fan's are you going to support her or not?

#58 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:13 PM

I really wanted her to get hot pink but it looks like she got red?

#59 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 08:26 PM

No offence to their fans, but Matsunaga Riai and Ebata Kisaki were nowhere near as good at singing as Tomoko was. 

Hi, i'm just here to say Yafuzo is by far better singer than Tomoko ever was.  :arrow:

#60 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 11:59 PM

I absolutely will support Mippuru, Miffy, Mifu-chan.  She was so cute on stage with Juice.   An emotional little darling.  She can take over that role from Manaka. 

Tomoko had a very lounge singer quality to her style.  I liked hearing it.  It was a nice break to hear a different voice in certain parts of songs.  Mei Yamazaki has that quality.

Riai may not be as as strong as Ruru, not many are, but I could see Riai fitting in with any group.  She's a personality shifter. 

In the end, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and I'll give them my money as long as I feel entertained.   My only real concern is that I want the groups to feel distinct again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users