• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:24 AM

STAYC (스테이씨; formerly known as HIGHUP Girls) is a 6-member girl group from HIGHUP Entertainment. They debuted on November 12, 2020 with the single album "Star to a Young Culture".

They're also produced by Black Eyed Pilseung. BEP is known for some of the biggest bops in K-pop (Twice's Fancy, Chunga's Roller Coaster, Sistar's Touch My Body, etc).

The name for their fandom is SWITH (스욋)
46e65a881e8b41f88f4ff59ac72af4bc.jpeg?s=
Members

Spoiler

Releases

Spoiler

So I love STAYC more than life. I started following them around their pre-debut era as HIGHUP Girls and they're legit the sweetest. I've gotten to meet them several times now via online fansigns and idk I never stanned a group so fast as I did STAYC. Lol

Also my bias is J! And the rest of the group is my bias wreckers. ^^;

#2 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:40 AM

YESSS i love them so much!!! i remember they were getting some buzz around debut because of j's deep voice and bep and other stuff and thought they were interesting but didn't think much otherwise... until i listened to so bad sometime in january and then It Clicked. i fell sooo hard for them lol like yoon stole my heart instantly when i watched the mv for so bad and then j got up there too later on. asap made me a full stan lol like i know the song has a mixed reception but it's so fun!!! also super catchy lol but the post chorus has this dreamlike feel to it and J'S RAP and ;_; i love them

i know they literally just came back but i'm already excited for their next cb lol... with how well asap has sold i'm excited to see what they'll do next and how much they'll grow

(also off topic but i had NO IDEA that bep produced touch my body holy shit wow)

#3 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:43 PM

blessed thread

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

#4 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:46 PM

I'm going to do my best to keep this thread regularly updated with their activities. I love these girls so much, and it's been awhile since I found a group were I instantly started stanning (H!P excluded because I auto-stan new H!P groups lmao). Also yeah, BEP literally produces nothing but bops, even that song from that one Mnet show where they brought foreigners to Korea and trained them like idols for two weeks, Lol

So What (Inkigayo, 2021-05-09)

"STAY:SEE #14"

"Who's Most Likely To?" Interview with Metro Magazine

#5 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:40 AM

thanks for the updates! stayc are so charming, everyone i know who's checked them out falls for them so fast lol

#6 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:14 AM

That was me. I was interested from their pre-debut days (specifically since I liked Sieun as an actress) but lol they kinda just... snuck up on me and hit me hard with their debut. Now, I'm pretty sure they're my kami-group, next to Twice. I'm even dealing with almost 100+ Staydom albums in my room because I wanted to try for some fansigns this time around. I'm also unsure if this is allowed but if you live in the US and want a Staydom album, let me know and I will send you one! They've taken over my room... ^^;

Anyways for the updates:

STAYCATION Episode 4 (Eng sub, Previous episodes can be found here)

SO WHAT (Dance Practice)

STAYC Q&A with MTV

STAYC vs STAYC Ep 2 with Seeun (Episode 1 with Isa can be found here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwE2jIPgWI

STAYC VLIVE (2021.05.09)

https://www.vlive.tv/video/247874

#7 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:43 AM

That was me. I was interested from their pre-debut days (specifically since I liked Sieun as an actress) but lol they kinda just... snuck up on me and hit me hard with their debut. Now, I'm pretty sure they're my kami-group, next to Twice. I'm even dealing with almost 100+ Staydom albums in my room because I wanted to try for some fansigns this time around. I'm also unsure if this is allowed but if you live in the US and want a Staydom album, let me know and I will send you one! They've taken over my room... ^^;

they really sneak up on you haha. with how well they're selling let's see if they'll sneak up on the world lmao, stayc world domination i think. also tysm for the offer! i'll definitely think about it, i've been wanting to get a staydom album since i saw the asap video lol

oh and i was so happy to see a so what dance practice + performance, it's definitely my favorite b-side by them now. it's so nostalgic to me and reminds me of one of my older fandoms haha. sieun caught my eye a lot in the dance practice, she's so pretty and the red/orange hair suits her super well

#8 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM

stayc did a cover of "kiss me more" by doja cat & sza! i think it's a really nice cover, sieun stood out so much (the way she said fxck with her whole chest LOL). it was kinda weird hearing the younger members say the explicit lyrics but otherwise i really like this

#9 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:17 PM

I'm shook because they actually used the explicit lyrics but it was such a good performance. I hope they release more covers soon! I do expect those dance / vocal covers they were doing for 1theK to appear on their channel soon, since there was a vote for which cover you wanted to see in full.

STAY:SEE #17 (they make their signature perfume, "TeenFresh" which recently went on sale on WithDrama's website)

Sieun's More&More Cover (1theK "Full version cover you wanted to see the most" poll winner)

STAYC Challenge #2 (Episode 1 can be found here)

STAYC Studio #1 (Yoon & J)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgGM68TCmM

#10 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:04 AM

oh wow i love sieun's more & more cover! her orange hair fits perfectly lol it reminds me of sana's hair from the same era

#11 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:24 PM

I'm late to the party in terms of updates, but they came back with their 1st mini-album, STEREOTYPE.

AND THEY GOT THEIR FIRST MUSIC SHOW WIN. I'm so proud of them. They deserved it. (T . T)

#12 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 12:02 AM

they also sold over 100k copies first week. imo consolidating their position as one of the top ggs of the 4th gen.

#13 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:53 AM

finally listened to stereotype today, it feels like a retread of asap but not necessarily in a bad way, i like it a lot. initially i thought the production was a bit too bare bones for my liking but i think it works in the song's favor, and the little bass parts really add to it. sieun's parts were my favorite her airy vocals fit the song perfectly, and i'm glad j got to sing more i love her voice. also the mv is the cutest lol i love the high school setting, normally it makes me cringe but the members are generally young enough that it works. hope they don't do it again though it'll start getting weird. oh and i haven't heard all the songs yet (i manage to procrastinate everything somehow) but i think i might like slow down more than stereotype, it feels like stereotype but with less title track energy and more substance to it, if that makes sense?

anyway i'm so happy to see stayc's growing success, i'm excited to see what they do next haha. i've even been watching their vlives every now and then which is how i know i'm really into them because i rarely watch idol video content tbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users