• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#101 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 10:08 PM

The video is really well done. I am really impressed with the quality of the song/music video production considering they are releasing this without any major label support.

Kana really shows maturity in the group. Seems like graduation has done lots for her. I really love her voice in the song, really very distinct.

I really hope they will do decently well to continue. Looking forward to the EP.

#102 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 03:42 PM

I really like the whole thing itself. My only critique would be that the girls need a bit more singing training (or use group lines to make the voices blend more) but that's maybe a matter of taste. The dance is just beautiful, the video has a lot of editing but it's tasteful, the instrumental and song itself is beautiful. I guess I'm just so critical of the voices because the song gives me Kalafina vibes and I'm pretty spoiled by their voices (miss them so much!). 
Honestly. This is way better than the new Morning Musume single. I'm impressed by Kana producing this. Such a power woman! I can't wait for more from Youplus!

#103 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 05:49 AM

I unfortunately agree with the singing comment. A lot of the singing felt off key...which is such a shame because the instrumental, dance, and video itself is so well done.
=( I wish I liked it but I don't think I'll be able to listen to it again.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#104 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

I need those goods in my life XD

https://www.instagra...ium=share_sheet

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#105 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:14 PM

Official mv with premier time.

The music video and song are both gorgeous! If this is the direction of aesthetic and sound for their future releases, I think I'm gonna be an avid follower of the group. I didn't want to follow them for just Kana and Oharu but the other 2 girls sound amazing too, and with all of the great promos they have had so far for this release, I think they will do very good!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#106 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 08:31 PM

CD Japan sent my order. So excited!!!

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#107 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 06:15 AM

Seize The Day is a BOP while the other two are very mellow and have similar vibes. And obviously we have Last Laugh. I hope it sells well!

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

#108 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:38 PM

The EP ranked 18 on digital sales. Pretty good for a self produced group!

https://twitter.com/...GOEgbryqoA&s=19

#109 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:24 PM

The EP is on Spotify too
https://open.spotify...ource=copy-link

The EP ranked 18 on digital sales. Pretty good for a self produced group!https://twitter.com/...GOEgbryqoA&s=19

I don't think it's the digital sales chart though. Seems like they landed at no. 18 on the singles daily chart for their first day. With only 1 format, perhaps it'll be at their disadvantage.

https://www.oricon.c...2021-12-21/p/2/

#110 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 11:29 PM

I mean that's even better XD It means their promo events worked. Sure they could have sell more with different versions, but it's their first EP and it managed to rank pretty high for something that isn't related to any big compagny.

And that's not even counting the additional digital sales. A lot of comments on Twitter are from fans who bought it digitally.

#111 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 03:03 AM

Im sure if they still get the same success in their future releases, they will probably try releasing things with different versions.
I think right now they probably didn't know how much success they would have got with this EP so releasing one version was probably a safe bet for them.

#112 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 09:59 AM

I am coming from the perspective that they could have done multiple formats to increase the sales (considering all of them have been idols before, so this sales tactic should not be new to them).

But I do believe they did different bonus postcards/poster with different music stores.

Or perhaps they know that music doesn't sell anymore, it's all about merchandise and concert tickets, so perhaps they are focusing on that instead.

Nonetheless, hope they will do well enough to continue as a band.

#113 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 03:28 PM

Youplus promoting BananaXBanana drink : https://twitter.com/...H9VTElH5lQ&s=19

#114 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 10:30 AM

Youplus's first EP at Oricon Weekly Singles Sales Chart:

Copies Sold: 1942

https://www.oricon.c...2022-01-03/p/3/

#115 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 04:54 PM

Ii wasn't exxpecting nearly 2000 copies, that's great!!

There's some idol groups out there who are celebrating their 5 or 10 anniversaries and who are selling less than 1000 copies of their single, so it's definitely pretty good.

#116 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 06:09 PM

I was curious to see what the Billboard numbers would be ( if there were any ) since they show numbers all the way down to weekly 50 but they haven't updated yet. 2000~ is really good I think! 

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

#117 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 12:02 PM

I am coming from the perspective that they could have done multiple formats to increase the sales (considering all of them have been idols before, so this sales tactic should not be new to them).

But I do believe they did different bonus postcards/poster with different music stores.

Or perhaps they know that music doesn't sell anymore, it's all about merchandise and concert tickets, so perhaps they are focusing on that instead.

Nonetheless, hope they will do well enough to continue as a band.

I get you, I do agree merchandise with single and music releases for idols are an extra incentive for people to buy multiple copies.
I think its just because a lot of idols (underground) I follow don't really do multiple copies. I need to remember YouPlus does have 2 idol veterans.

#118 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 11:13 AM

Finally got my CD and i love it so much ! Guru Guru is definitly the best song ! Ginga Tetsudou No Yoru Ni is also very addicting and is a great Hina/Haachin center ! Seize the day is my least favorite but i still really like it and i'm sure the song is even better live ! I'm impressed by the quality !

#119 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 10:31 PM

They opened a shop ^^

https://twitter.com/...3GiRTuakzA&s=19

#120 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:55 PM

I definitely need to check that out! I wonder if they can ship overseas...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users