2 replies to this topic

#1 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:28 AM

Hello fellow H!Oers!

The second lockdown in my country has motivated me to finally write down a story that has been in my head ever since... well, ever since Kaede joined Morning Musume, really. ^_^

This fanfiction will be about Kaede and another member that I won't call by name yet. There will be more members of Hello Project taking prominent roles, too. Similar to my last fanfiction (I posted it on here years ago), it is set in an alternative universe in which none of the members are idols. Kaede is a university student. I love it when they ask the girls questions like "If you weren't an idol, what would you do?", because their answers always give me ideas for my stories. :lol: Makes you wonder why Kaede is in university and not a police officer? Well, read the story to find out.  ;)

The story takes place in Tokyo, but the university I describe is not a real one in Tokyo. I based it on Kobe University, where I studied a few years back. So the place actually exists, just not in Tokyo. 

Also, I'm not an English native speaker and my English has gotten a little bit rusty over the years. I do hope it's still an enjoyable read for you guys.  XD  That's all for now. Have fun reading and leave a comment if you like! <3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

The air was fresh and crisp as she stepped out of the classroom. The other students had already left, but she had stayed behind for a bit longer to talk to her professor. He had given her a B on a paper without specifying on the reasons why, and that was something she couldn’t just ignore. When she left the classroom, she stopped for a moment and looked up the sky. It was already getting dark. What time was it? Kaede checked her phone and took in a sharp breath. 4:28pm. I only have around 30 minutes until my kendo training starts. Better hurry up.

Her red sneakers contrasted the yellow leaves on the ground as she walked downhill quickly. Her university was spread out on the foot of a mountain in between two forests, which made for great air and a beautiful view – but also meant a lot of walking uphill and downhill in between classes. The faculty of law was on the very top of the campus, while her kendo classes were held in the sports center near the bottom. Fellow students strolling under the trees and in between buildings turned their heads as Kaede walked past them. She looked quite in a hurry with her school bag in her right hand, a big sports bag over her shoulder and an earnest impression on her face. She didn’t even notice the looks of the others anymore. Her style usually stood out amongst the law students anyways. All the other law students tended to dress very nicely, even when they were just there to attend some classes. They carried fancy leather bags, wore shiny shoes and cared a lot about their appearances in general. And while no one could claim that Kaede didn’t care about her looks, her style was more on the sporty and practical side… and made her look a little out of place in this part of the university.

That wasn’t something Kaede gave a lot of thought to, though. Studying law was just a way of killing time until she could take another exam to enter her actual dream job: the police. Ever since she was a kid, Kaede had felt a strong sense of justice in her everyday life. In kindergarten they even called her “omawari-san”, the words kids use for police officers, because she often helped them out in different ways. When someone had lost something, she helped them find it. When someone got bullied, she stood up for them. If friends got in a fight, she talked to them until they made up again. That in combination with her liking of sports and martial arts led to her teachers encouraging a clear path for her ever since middle school: She would graduate from high school, take the national exam and enter the police academy. The high school graduation worked out fine, but somehow, she ended up not passing the entrance exam. Twice. That setback hit her hard and she was still recovering from it. Especially since she didn’t get any feedback, so she didn’t know where the problem lied. She was a good student, she was physically strong and she had a good sense of justice, so she should have met all the requirements. But she didn’t.

It’s just that there are a lot more people applying for the academy than they actually take in… so the problem isn’t that I’m not fit to do it. The problem is that there are many others that are better than me. She chewed on her lower lip as these thoughts wandered through her mind. Even when she tried not to think about it, she constantly had that feeling of failure inside of her. I can’t feel that way anymore. I have to take these feelings and turn them into something useful. I will work harder. And I will not fail again.

At this point, she had reached the public street that runs through the campus. It had gotten so dark that the shop signs started lightning up one after another. Lost in her thoughts she suddenly noticed a sweet smell and found herself stopping in front of a sign that said “Nishiyama Wagashi”. It was a shop for traditional Japanese sweets, the ones her mom loved so much. Her mom… it’s her birthday this weekend, Kaede suddenly remembered. I gotta buy her something she likes. Wagashi would be perfect. As she looked to her left, she saw a display of different wagashi glowing in beautiful colors, dunked in the warm light coming from the shop. Kaede looked up to see if the shop was open and noticed some customers waiting in line inside it. She checked her clock. 4:39 pm. She must have been walking pretty fast because she was already more than halfway down the hill. There was enough time to pop in and buy her mom a present. Kaede slipped through the noren and opened the sliding door quite clumsily with the hand carrying her school bag. Just when she entered, someone was about to leave the shop, giving her an angry look because she blocked the door with her baggage. “Sorry, I’m sorry”, she mumbled, trying to make herself as small as physically possible.

As she got in line, the sweet scent of red bean paste filled her nose… and her stomach started grumbling loudly. She hadn’t even noticed how hungry she was. Well, there is no time to get food before kendo practice, so that’ll just have to wait. She looked around, hoping that no one else could hear her stomach. In front of her were two grannies in line and a young man waiting while the shop assistant was carefully taking out the sweets with a pair of small bamboo tongs. Wagashi was considered not only tasty, but it was a traditional Japanese form of art. And when looking at these colorful little confections, one could easily understand why. There were sweets shaped like flowers, fruits, leaves and other things with an amount of detail that impressed Kaede every time she saw Wagashi. It must take ages to learn how to make this. You have to cook and bake it, know everything about the ingredients and the coloring, and then you have to be skilled enough to make the pretty decorations by hand. That’s…

“The next customer, please!” A girly voice spoke the words loudly and clearly in Kaede’s direction. As she looked up, she noticed that the grannies were already being served and another shop assistant had come to help out. “Ah… yes!”, she answered and stepped towards the counter to look at the sweets displayed. While doing so, she accidentally bumped her bag into one of the elderly ladies standing next to her. “I’m sorry!”, she apologized quickly, but the lady only gave her a little smile. Kaede put the bags down in front of her and looked at the sweets again. After pondering for a little while, she finally ordered: “I’d like one Namagashi, one of the…” Before she could finish her order, she was interrupted by suppressed laughter coming from the other side of the counter. With a puzzled look on her face, Kaede glimpsed up and her eyes met with the brown eyes of the shop assistant. She had a big smile on her face.

“Um…” Kaede couldn’t help but notice the pretty face of the assistant. Her warm-colored eyes were framed by dark, straightly cut bangs. Her cheeks had a slightly pink color to them. Her long hair was tied up in a ponytail and fell over her left shoulder in shiny waves. On top of her ponytail she wore a light pink ribbon. She must be around the same age as Kaede. Maybe she studied in this university, too?

“You are funny”, the girl said and smiled at Kaede. Funny… as in, weird? Kaede felt her cheeks burn up. “Why?”, was all she could reply to that.

“Well, you came in here looking completely out of place with these huge bags of yours.” The girl’s voice sounded very cute, but her way of talking was straight forward and honest. Kaede felt kind of caught off-guard. “So you looked like someone who doesn’t buy Wagashi often”, she continued lightly, “but then you take quite some time deciding on what to get… and just when I thought you’ll probably get something very specific, you order Namagashi, the most common Wagashi of them all.” The most common Wagashi of… what? Is this girl really speaking to me like that? Isn’t she… isn’t she aware that I’m her client here? Kaede was honestly confused, and started getting a little annoyed, too. She didn’t have that much time left until her training and didn’t feel like talking much, even less after what this girl had just said.

“Well, and I came in here thinking that this will be a fancy sweets shop, but the rude service suggests otherwise.” Before she could even think out her answer, Kaede said these words and immediately regretted them. They sounded a lot angrier than they should have. The smile on the shop assistant’s face faded slowly, but she didn’t take her look off Kaede. And just when the girl opened her lips to reply something, Kaede’s stomach started grumbling very loudly.

“Uh, I’m… I’m sorry.” Kaede’s face became as red as the pretty Wagashi in front of her. What a nightmare. It’s like straight out of an Anime. Or rather, straight out of a fanfiction. She stared at the shop assistant, who stared back at her with a slightly startled look. Then, suddenly, the girl burst out laughing loudly. Her laugh was so friendly and honest, Kaede couldn’t help but join in. They ended up laughing together, and it was kind of refreshing and changed the mood completely. The grannies next to them turned their heads, wondering what these two young women might laugh about. “Okay”, the girl said, still laughing, “so one Namagashi, and what else?” Kaede chose another three types of Wagashi and watched the girl pack them very carefully. She then grabbed a Dorayaki with the bamboo tongs and wrapped them in paper with a pretty Japanese autumn design on it.

“Here is your Wagashi”, she said while putting a box on the counter. “And here is some dorayaki, as a little apology for my rudeness – and so that you won’t collapse of hunger under all those bags of yours.” She winked at Kaede, who immediately felt the blood rush back into her cheeks. That wink though. Wait… haven’t I seen this wink before? She looked again at the girl in front of her, almost staring at her, trying to figure out this weird déjà-vu. Why does she suddenly seem so familiar?

The girl noticed Kaede’s look and hesitated for a moment, then told Kaede the price. The dorayaki was obviously not included. “Oh, but wait, that isn’t necessary…”, Kaede replied, but the girl insisted and gave her another smile. Not knowing what else to do, Kaede took out her wallet, paid, thanked the girl several times and grabbed everything. “Well, have a nice evening then!” The girls’ voice sounded friendly and cute. Kaede replied the greeting and left the shop as clumsily as she had entered it. For a moment, she thought she heard a very small and suppressed giggle right behind her, but it was drowned in the voice of another customer.

Back on the street, Kaede took a moment to cool down. The dorayaki in her hand smelled delicious. So you won’t collapse of hunger under all those bags of yours. How can she speak so honestly, working in a fancy shop like this? As Kaede walked down the street, she recalled the girl’s little wink. And why did I suddenly feel like I know her?

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#2 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:04 AM

Chapter 2

Her phone vibrated.

I’m running a little late. I’ll be there in a minute!

Kaede put her phone back into her pocket and looked around. She was sitting on a bench in a little park right next to the university cafeteria. The park was full of colorful trees and the momiji leaves turned the ground into a sea of reds. Autumn is beautiful, she thought, as she grabbed her phone again and took a photo of the ground. Hm, something’s missing. Maybe a selfie? She switched to selfie mode and tried to take a picture of herself, but couldn’t figure out a good angle to capture her face and the leaves all at once. Feeling a little discouraged, she looked at her bag, which had a keychain of the character Mikasa in Shingeki no Kyoujin hanging from its side. That’s it! Kaede took it carefully off her bag, squatted down on the floor and placed Mikasa in the middle of the momiji leaves. She then took another photo and smiled brightly. Mikasa, you always seem to have a hard time. Here’s a pretty view for you.

“You’re probably the biggest otaku I know!”, she heard a voice say behind her. Kaede quickly grabbed Mikasa and turned around. There was her friend Rikako, her phone in one hand, laughing. She wore a dark yellow coat on top of a white sweater, some jeans, yellow socks and loafers. Her hair was tied in the back and her lips shimmered in a dark red. Wow, she looks extra cool today.

“I just enjoyed the beautiful autumn colors”, Kaede replied in a small voice and tucked away the key chain in her bag.

Rikako came closer and put her arm around Kaede’s shoulder. “No reason to get defensive. Look, I took a super cute photo of you from over there. You look so happy!” She held her phone in front of Kaede’s face so she could see the picture. Indeed, it was a photo from a few meters away, showing Kaede in her oversized denim jacket, squatting on the ground in the middle of the trees and fallen leaves. She had a very content expression on her face. Kaede didn’t mind the photo, but she also didn’t understand why Rikako felt like taking it. “It’s cute, right?”, her friend said. “I’m gonna send it to you. So, shall we grab some food?”

They walked through the little park to the cafeteria, which was almost empty. It was past lunch time already and most of the students were back in their classrooms and lecture halls by now. Kaede had the third period off and would later get back to class for the fourth period. Plenty of time to grab some food with a friend. Rikako didn’t attend university, but when she had a day off, she often came up here to hang out with Kaede. She worked as a talent for a variety of jobs, however, she was mostly booked for modeling and magazine shoots. After getting a contract for a commercial, Kaede sometimes saw her face in trains and train stations. She usually took a photo whenever she came across Rikako’s face in public and send it to her friend with words along the lines of “Oh, hello there! You here too?”. Rikako then replied with funny emojis. Her popularity had grown recently and Kaede was really proud of her. It was a completely different path than what she had chosen for herself, but it fitted Rikako perfectly.

In the cafeteria, it smelled of different kinds of Japanese noodle soups, seaweed and curry. Kaede decided on some Soboro-don, a rice dish topped with ground meat, spring onions and egg. Rikako opted for the curry. After they had both gotten their hot bowls of food, they grabbed some tea and looked for a nice table to sit. The cafeteria had window fronts instead of walls on one side of the room, which offered a beautiful view down the mountain. Rikako pointed towards a table at the window front.

“How is it?”, Kaede asked after her friend took the first spoon of curry. Rikako nodded several times to express her satisfaction with the dish. Kaede smiled at her and started eating the rice bowl. Some say the food in the university cafeteria was mediocre, but Kaede had always found it to be quite good.

After talking about Rikako’s job for a while, her friend asked her about some news in her own life. Kaede talked about the latest paper she had handed in, about her kendo training and that she would head home this weekend for her mom’s birthday. “I got her some Wagashi, I think she’ll really like it. But I had the weirdest encounter in the shop yesterday.” She then described that cute shop assistant that was kinda rude to her at first, just to give her some free dorayaki as an apology later. Rikako found that story quite amusing.

“She must have felt bad for pointing you out like that.”

“Yeah. It was kinda rude, but I was in a hurry, too, so maybe I just took the whole situation too seriously. Anyways, when I looked at her again, she really seemed so familiar to me. It felt like a déjà-vu. But I just can’t recall a time when I could have seen her before.”

“Hm. Maybe she studies here too? If she was as cute as you described, you might have noticed her walking around on campus.” Rikako winked at her. Why does everyone keep winking at me lately? The image of the winking shop assistant popped up in Kaede’s head. Well, she was cute.

“Maybe. But it felt like more than that. It felt like I’ve not only seen her before… more like I’ve known her before.”

Rikako knitted her eyebrows. “That sounds like it could be straight out of a manga. Aren’t you just making up your own story?” Then, her face suddenly lit up. “Oh wait! You said it was a Wagashi shop? And it was a girl with long brown hair and bangs?” Kaede nodded, not knowing in the slightest what Rikako was trying to say. “Ah, maybe it was her. Wait. I’ll show you a picture.” Kaede waited while Rikako typed something on her phone. She still didn’t have a clue what Rikako was going for.

Then Rikako turned the screen towards Kaede and looked at her full of expectation. “So? Was it her?” Kaede checked out the picture on the screen. It was a girl with dark brown hair and bangs. She gazed at the camera with a very soft facial expression, looking slightly sleepy. Her hair fell down her back and one of her shoulders was exposed. The rest of her upper body was covered by a beige knitted sweater. There was a little bit of pink on her cheeks. It was definitely her.

Kaede nodded slowly, quite surprised by the fact that Rikako could figure this out so quickly. “It’s her. But how did you know?”

“She’s in the same talent agency as me.” Rikako smiled, put away her phone and continued with her curry.  “Her name is Maria. She’s also modeling, but she’s mostly doing gravure work. I think she’s dancing, too.” She took a sip of her tea. “I’ve worked with her before during some magazine shoots. I think she’s very sweet.”

Maria. So that’s her name. It doesn’t sound familiar though. “And how did you figure out it was her from the things I told you?”, Kaede asked. “Long brown hair and dark eyes couldn’t have been the clue that made you think of… Maria immediately.”

“Of course not. That describes like every girl out there?” Rikako laughed. “No, it was her looks in combination with the Wagashi shop. Maria once told me that she works in a Wagashi shop part time somewhere in this area. I remember because I thought it was a super cool part time job.  I mean, I’d eat mochi every day if I worked there.” Rikako had finished her curry and looked at Kaede’s bowl, which was still half full. Kaede was listening so intensely, she had forgotten to eat.

“Wow, good job making that connection.” Kaede was honestly impressed. “Maybe you should join me for the police academy entrance exam. You could become a detective with those wits of yours! You’d probably be the prettiest of all the detectives and end up taking photoshoots for some kind of police academy commercial.” They both started laughing and kept imagining all kinds of scenarios in which Rikako would work as a police officer.

Rikako then paused for a moment and placed a finger on her lips. “Wait for it, I have even more…” Kaede stopped laughing and listened carefully. Rikako definitely enjoyed Kaede’s attention. She waited for another moment, before she took in a sharp breath and said quickly: “I also know why Maria looks so familiar. She went to the same middle school as we did.”

“No way!”, Kaede exclaimed. “Now you’re just making things up! Admit it!”

“No, really! Just like me, she was one year below you. She wasn’t in the same class as me, though.”

“Seriously?” Kaede stirred in her rice bowl, trying to think back to middle school. Actually, she didn’t remember that much of that time period. She remembered studying a lot, taking many different kinds of sports to find something that she liked, and eating curry bread with Rikako during lunch time in the school yard. “I can’t remember a moment in which I would have noticed her back then.”

Rikako shrugged. “Maybe you’ve just seen her face in magazines and that’s why she seems familiar to you.” She drank up all her tea, put the cup in the curry bowl and stood up. “You’re such a slow eater today, I can’t wait for you to finish. I’ll just grab us some dessert – is that alright?”

Kaede nodded and smiled at Rikako as she walked away. Then she looked out the window. A living area stretched across the bottom of the mountain, right after the point where the campus started. Rooftops in different shades of black, red and orange glistered in the sunlight. Behind the living area, Kaede could see the enormous city spread out in all directions. Such a big city… it’s amazing that I still meet people from middle school in a city with this many inhabitants. Lost in her thoughts, she continued eating her rice bowl. Just as she finished, Rikako put a plate on the table a little too energetically, resulting in a loud noise. Kaede twitched slightly and shoved her thoughts aside. As expected from her friend, the plate was filled with different kinds of mochi.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter two finished. Rikako had to get a prominent role in the story, because I like the combination of her and Kaede a lot. :wub: 

Did anyone guess who the girl in the shop was? ^_^

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#3 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:27 PM

Chapter 3

When she came home to her dorm, walked up the stairs and turned on the lights in the corridor, Kaede heard loud music coming from the direction of her room. She immediately had to smile. As she got closer to her door, the music got louder. Her roommate must be at it again. If she keeps this up, we’ll soon get into trouble with the other students. Well, but they could just tell her to turn it down. For some reason, no one seems to dare. She put the keys in the lock and opened the door slowly. What was revealed to her eyes in that moment was more than she could have imagined.

The dorm room was built like a small apartment with a living area in the middle and two bedrooms on either side. Right after the genkan was a small kitchen front to the right side and the bathroom to the left. It wasn’t much, but it was pretty nice for university dorm standards. Her roommate was standing, or rather dancing, on top of the coffee table in the living room. She had placed a long mirror in front of her so she could see herself from top to bottom. Her dark hair was tied up in pigtails and bounced to the rhythm of the music. She wore a dress – or is it a costume? – that looked like something a witch in a Manga would wear. It was purple and black and had strings tied in the back. She didn’t wear any shoes, but her legs were covered in striped, knee high socks. Spread around the table were other pieces of clothing, accessories, something that looked like cat ears, and… a bunch of underwear.

Kaede could enter without her roommate noticing her. She was too occupied with dancing and singing along to the song while checking out her outfit. The music was also way too loud for her to hear the door. Kaede slipped out of her shoes, hung up her denim jacket and stood there for a little while, watching her friend have the best time. After the song had ended, her roommate jumped down the table to run towards the stereo and her phone. Even then, she hadn’t noticed that she wasn’t alone. Kaede couldn’t hold it back anymore – she burst out laughing.

“Oh my god, Kaede, you really scared me just now!” Her friend sounded seriously surprised for a moment, then started laughing too. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to see you do pliers on the table”, Kaede replied, imitating her moves, laughing. Then, trying to be more serious, but still giggling, she said: “We’ll get in serious trouble if you keep playing music as loud as this, Reina! We’re in a dorm here…”

“I know, I know”, Reina replied and gave Kaede that puppy eye look of hers. “Just one more song? Pleeeease?” Kaede wanted to say something, but Reina jumped towards her and lightly pushed her elbow in her sides. “Come on now, I know you want it too! I have just the right song for us!” She jumped back to the stereo and took her phone. After a few seconds, a familiar beat started to fill the room. She grinned at Kaede and nodded towards the table suggestively.

Kaede sighed, but more at the fact that she lived in a dorm rather than at Reina’s constantly high energy level. Well, that song is awesome though, I’m sure the others can appreciate it too. She danced towards the table and jumped on it, just to be joined by Reina, who pressed a hair brush into Kaede’s hands – probably for her to use as a mic. Reina herself has somehow grabbed a cooking spoon seemingly out of nowhere and sang into it with her loudest voice possible. Together the two of them performed the song on the living room table, remembering some of the dance moves they had seen in the music video, presenting their own creations during the parts they couldn’t remember. Many of the moves resembled an army walking and the two of them did them together perfectly. At some point, Kaede was sure the coffee table would collapse any moment under their weight – but they were able to finish the song strongly. Once the last beat had dropped, Kaede and Reina dropped together with it, now sitting on the table and laughing their hearts out.

“That was fun!”, Kaede exclaimed with excitement. Reina answered in unison. Then Kaede turned her head towards her roommate and ask: “But seriously Reina: What are you wearing?”

“I was trying out different outfits to wear for Halloween”, she explained, pointing at her witches’ dress. “How does it look?”

Kaede looked at her from top to bottom before she said: “It looks super cute! I think you should go with black knee highs, though.” Her gaze then wandered around the room and stopped at the different kinds of underwear that was lying on the floor. For a moment, she felt the need to ask, but quickly changed her mind.

Reina stretched out her striped legs and wiggled her feet. “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Black makes the legs look longer, too.”

Kaede got up, grabbed a glass of water at the kitchen front, took her bag and was about to go to her room. “Oh, by the way, we got invited to a Halloween party!” She turned around and looked at Reina, who grinned at her and kept talking: “I got an invitation when I walked around on campus and it says to bring friends. I put the flyer on your bed. I’ll definitely be going, it sounds like so much fun! You’ll join me, right? You won’t let me go all by myself?”

“Hmmm…” Kaede pretended she was thinking very hard. Reina made an impatient noise. “Well…”, Kaede kept teasing her, “I guess… maybe… maybe I’ll join you.”

Reina squeaked. “Make sure to find a nice costume, though! Your kendo outfit is not an option!”

Kaede just grinned, shrugged and closed the door behind her. Living here with Reina makes this place so much more enjoyable and interesting. You never know what you get when you come home. She turned on the lights, put her bag next to her desk and opened the window. Her room was simple and small, but she had decorated it with a few things to make it her own. On the walls she had placed a few posters with characters of her favorite Anime and video games. Behind her desk, she had put a cork board that was filled with photos of her family and friends. In front of her window lied a round plaid carpet she had brought from her parent’s home. As Kaede sat down on her bed, something was rustling on her bed sheets. She had a look and found the flyer Reina was talking about. It was one of these classic hand-drawn flyers students handed out at the campus. They usually contained information on clubs and circles, band performances, international students’ karaoke nights and things like that. Kaede had never received an invitation to a party using a flyer like this.

Trick or treat – let’s have a great Halloween! That’s what it said in big letters on top of the flyer. In between pumpkins, cats and witches, more information about the party was scribbled. It seemed to be happening the weekend after this one in some hotel room downtown. Kaede had heard before that renting huge hotel rooms to throw parties was something students – especially those in good financial situations – often did. There was an entrance fee of around 3,000 Yen, but the rest of the night everything at the party would be free to take. Well, that sounds like a good deal. Kaede didn’t usually drink much, but 3,000 Yen was an amount that you’d normally need just to get into the bar and have one single drink. I might actually go to this thing. Should I invite Rikako too? Sounds like a party she’d like to crash.

Putting the flyer aside, Kaede lied down on her bed and grabbed her phone. Without even thinking about what she was doing, she opened up her browser and entered the search field. What was her name again? Maria. She typed the name, paused and realized something. I don’t know her last name. With a big sigh she dropped her phone on her pillow. There’s no way to find her without a last name. After a while, Kaede took her phone again and typed some more. Maria, gravure model. She wasn’t really sure what gravure meant, but she remembered Rikako saying that that’s what Maria’s mostly doing. The moment she pushed the search button, she immediately grasped the meaning of the word. Kaede blushed. Scrolling down, she saw one picture after another of women apparently named Maria with very little clothing and very much skin showing. Most of them were wearing clothes that revealed more skin than they covered. None of them was naked, though. Still, Kaede was quite surprised about this outcome.

She tried imagining that cute girl in the Wagashi shop with the pink ribbon and the pretty smile wearing… well, wearing practically nothing. Kaede shook her head and closed her eyes. No, wait, stop. I can’t do that. She jumped out of her bed, took a deep breath by the window, closed it and lied back down again. Then, she added one more word to her search. Maria, gravure model, wink. And there she was. The first picture showed Maria in a striped bikini on the beach, with a pink drink in her hand, winking at the camera. The second one showed her in a blue sleeveless shirt with wet hair. Her arms lied on top of her head, and again, she was winking at the camera. Both of those pictures looked kind of sexy, but cute and innocent at the same time. In the third photo, she was lying in a white bathtub, wearing a dark blue bikini. The water formed a perfect circle around her belly button. In this picture, Maria was looking at the camera again, but instead of winking, she gave a soft and longing look… and didn’t look as innocent anymore.

Kaede gasped and pressed the phone to her chest. So that’s what her other job is. And apparently, winking is indeed her trademark. Well, she is very pretty, and she has a beautiful body, and she seems to have fun doing these shoots, so… that’s good, isn’t it? It took her a moment before she could look at the screen again. Makino. That seems to be her family name. So instead of what she wrote before, she now searched for the words Makino Maria. And there was Maria – in pretty dresses, in cool overalls, in bikinis, in baseball jerseys, in cute skirts. So the bikini thing wasn’t the only kind of photo shoot she did. Without even realizing it, Kaede scrolled through the photos one after another, looking at Maria in different styles and settings. No matter what they put her in, she looks really pretty. I guess she is quite good at what she’s going.

A knock on the door tore her from her thoughts. “Are you hungry? I think I’m gonna make some fried rice! Do you want some too?” Reina’s voice was coming through the door.

“Sure!” Kaede snapped one last glimpse of Maria’s face, put away her phone and got up. “Wait, I’ll help you!”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users