#1 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:12 PM

Hello!Online Secret Santa 2020

WoeOoIT.jpg

Welcome one and all to the end of the collective worst year in recent memory!

To celebrate the close of the year and to give the community a fun distraction from any and everything that may be going on in our lives, Hello!Online will be hosting a virtual Secret Santa gift exchange for our users.

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa is a gift-giving game that originated in the Western Hemisphere. All participants are given the name of one other person, the name selected at random, and they are to provide a gift for that person and that person only. The name selection is also secret, so you will only know who you are giving a gift to, not who you will receive a gift from. Names are revealed once gifts are exchanged so that you can thank your Secret Santa!

Note:

Although the game and name originate in the Christian tradition of Christmas, this is a secular game. Santa belongs to no single religion and this event is not intended to isolate or exclude any other winter holiday tradition.

All are welcome to participate no matter what winter holiday you do or do not celebrate!

What gifts are we swapping on Hello!Online?

Because this is an online community, we will not be exchanging material gifts. No real names will be used, no addresses will be needed, and no money will be spent. Instead, we will be exchanging heartfelt gifts using our own individual talents: graphics for profile pages or avatar sets, fan art of favorite idols, nice letters about the other person, fan-fiction, homemade cards, poems, etc. As long as it comes from the heart, not your wallet, and can be sent digitally, it works.

Please keep all submissions G-rated, no matter what you send.

(I don't know if that needs to be said but I said it just in case some of you are feeling freaky)

How do I join?

Simple!

Fill out the form below in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to yours truly (Lurkette). The information you provide will only be shared with me and the person assigned to be your Secret Santa.

Once the deadline for entries has passed, I will be assigning everyone another user who they will be getting a gift for. This will be communicated to you via the same PM you started with me. You will then have until the deadline for gifting to send your gift (either a link or posted directly in the PM, depending on what you want to give) DIRECTLY TO ME.

I will be collecting all the gifts for everyone and then distributing them, along with your name. This is so that everyone receives their gifts at the same time.

Username:

Favorite idol groups:

Favorite individual idols:

Favorite idol songs:

Favorite colors:

Favorite holiday treat:

Anything else you want your Secret Santa to know:

What are the rules I should know?

Here are all the rules. They will keep everything fun and light for you and easy for me.

• You sign up for this event by sending the questionnaire above to me (Lurkette) via private message. I will remove any surveys that are posted in the thread.
  • Everyone will receive their assigned user to give a gift to on the same day, and it will be given in the same PM you sent to me.
  • You will provide your gift submission in the same PM, as well. This will allow me to make sure your gift is appropriate and working properly, if that is called into question.
  • Everyone will receive their gift from their Secret Santa on the same day. I will send it via the same PM, but I will provide the username of the person who gave you the gift so that you can thank them personally.
  • You do not have to fill out every question in the form, but the more information you can provide, the easier it will be for your Secret Santa to decide what to do for you.
  • Do not tell anyone who you are giving a gift to until the names have been revealed to everyone. It's less fun that way.
  • Do not spend money on your gift. No gift cards, no Cameos, no anything that requires you to spend money.
  • If you sign up but change your mind about participating, please let me know as soon as possible. It's not fair to the person you're supposed to give a gift to if you want until the last few days to decide you're not getting them anything.
  • General questions can be asked in the thread, and you're more than welcome to share your gifts and thank your Santas here, as well. If you have a more specific question about who you're buying for or you just don't want to ask publicly, use the PM.

DEADLINES & DATES

Please sign up for the event by December 5, 2020.

Please submit your gift to me by December 20, 2020.

Santas will be randomly assigned on December 6, 2020.

Gifts will be distributed on December 21, 2020.

Happy holidays!

DDOhydd.gif

#2 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:38 PM

EFXQ3fa.jpg?1

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

#3 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:11 PM

I think this is an absolutely lovely idea!!

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#4 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:25 PM

yes yeah

#5 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:27 PM

The deadline for sign-ups is in a few days! Make sure to send me a PM by December 5 so this doesn't flop!

Riho%20Fall%204_zpsaafmmajt.gif
DDOhydd.gif

#6 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:44 PM

i'm so excited for this gkjsfghdf idek what i'm gonna make but it's gonna be sm fun lololol

#7 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:06 AM

I finally got around to sending the PM of the questionnaire. Hope this goes well and becomes another tradition here

#8 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:07 AM

Last call for applications! Matches will be distributed tomorrow.
DDOhydd.gif

#9 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 05:16 PM

Matches have all been sent out! Don't tell anyone who yours is, or else! Gifts are due to me on December 20!

tnvyxRi.gif

DDOhydd.gif

#10 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:30 AM

so excited AAAAAAAAA

#11 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:04 PM

As a reminder to everyone, the deadline for gift submissions is in a few days!
DDOhydd.gif

#12 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

Gifts have all been sent out! Please let me know if you have any issues receiving your gifts (not me quadruple checking to make sure I was sending them to the right people and still getting it wrong...).

I hope this was fun and exciting for everyone, and I'm really grateful to you all for participating in my little festive experiment. Happy holidays, everyone!

DDOhydd.gif

#13 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:34 PM

to nayok-kihara, tysm for your secret santa collage!!!!! i love it so much it's so wholesome :'D happy holidays everyone!!! this was really fun, i hope we do it again next year!

#14 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:02 AM

This has been such a lovely and wonderful event! <3 Thank you so much to RobianMoon for my amazing new icon! (<_<)

#15 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:06 PM

I want to thank dreamcastegirl for the wonderful story she wrote me! I loved it :)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#16 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:49 PM

First I want to thank Lurkette for making this, you did a very good job!
And mizukingdom1 for the cute christmas ecard I love it!
Let's make this a tradition I have so much fin!

#17 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:15 PM

^Yay I'm glad you liked it!!  :lol:

And yes this was so much fun! Thanks Lurkette for organising this!!  :good:

And last but not least thanks Juandalyn for your beautiful art. It's so cute!!!Ff1Yn9I.png

#18 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:41 PM

I want to thank dreamcastegirl for the wonderful story she wrote me! I loved it :)

ahhh, you're more than welcome, I loved writing it! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users