• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

NiziU is the newest girl group under JYP Entertainment, in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment Japan. NiziU is a 9-member girl group, formed from the Japanese survival show, Nizi Project. They'll be promoting both in Japan, as well as South Korea. The line-up was revealed on June 26, 2020.

Background on Nizi Project: Nizi Project was split into two parts. The 1st part took 26 finalists from a nationwide audition and put them in a 5 day/4 night training camp. Out of the 26, 13 were taken to South Korea to train for six months. The 2nd part of the show showed the 13 trainees being evaluated through various challenges. Out of the 13, 9 were selected to debut into the group NiziU.

The official fandom name for NiziU is WithU

Eku-N5wVcAAWs2X.jpg

Members

Spoiler

Releases

Spoiler

I've been following Nizi Project since the 1st episode. I can't wait to see them debut soon. I wonder if they'll gain a lot of traction like Twice did. And NiziU is also set to have promotions in South Korea I believe. 

#2 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:30 AM

ooh i've been hearing about them, idk if i'll pay attention to the group since their style seems to be just cute twice but rio and mayuka look really cute tbh

#3 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

I only watched some episodes but I remember Riku's performance stood out to me. She seems promising.

It would have been surprising if Nina didn't make it to this group! I thought she was a fixed member from the start, haha.

Does anyone know when are they supposed to debut? Last I heard was early next year.

All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#4 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:12 AM

Nina not making the group would have been a big plot twist. In my opinion, I think Mayuka is the most promising so far. She did earn 3/4 on the final evaluation during the Tokyo training camp. : O

They're releasing a pre-debut mini album on 06/30. There was also a teaser for it released for it earlier today!

But for their actual debut, I'm hearing that they're set for the end of the year. Prior to the official line-up being revealed (about a month ago I think) a photo of the group that was taken near the JYP building leaked on the internet. If they're dropping a legitimate mini-album this soon (even though it's pre-debut, it's still less than a week) makes me believe that they've already been working on their actual debut.

They're most likely going to focus in Japan to start off with, but I expect Korean promotions soon enough. They're going to be the 2nd coming of Twice in terms of popularity, I can already feel it. Lol

#5 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

ooooh this looks p cute!! can't wait for their actual debut :0 and i've heard about nina a lot, it would've been surprising if they didn't debut her tbh

#6 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

And the MV is out, it's already at 6.2 million views. : O

This sounds like your usual J-pop plus the random "JYP" line at the end. I have it stuck in my head though, so I guess I like it (lol). They look cohesive as a group so I can't wait to see more of them soon!

#7 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

it's really cute! i'm excited for more releases from them :0

#8 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:34 PM

i think NiziU is going to have a huge impact on the jpop industry

#9 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:33 PM

This sounds like your usual J-pop plus the random "JYP" line at the end.

Interesting you say that. I found them randomly while browsing the JYP YouTube channel and found the song as well as the visuals and everything to be very K-Pop and catchy in its typical way except being in Japanese. Like, I could see that song belonging to TWICE.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#10 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:40 PM

NiziU has been crazy active on social media, and their pre-debut single has garnered a lot of attention. Here's some videos from the past month or so.

Make You Happy (Korean Ver.)

Make You Happy (Dance Performance Ver.)

Make You Happy (Cheering Guide)

Dance the Night Away -Japanese Ver.- Dance Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbOHRETxRE

They're doing good. I can already tell they're going to be popular both in Japan and Korea.

#11 Honeybear

Honeybear

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:16 AM

I posted this video over in Kumaichan's thread today, but it belongs here, too!

Yurina and another reporter interviewed NiziU for King's Brunch.

btw Kumai and Captain are NiziU fans.

https://www.bilibili...eo/BV1hp4y1z7Ty

Edited by Honeybear, 07 December 2020 - 03:11 PM.

#12 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:40 AM

As they should be. NiziU is getting a lot of attention due to the success of their pre-debut and now debut single. The success is bittersweet: Miihi isn't there to celebrate with them. She's been on hiatus since October. She was in the MV but isn't seen in the dance shot or hasn't been participating in promotions for the single. 

They've also manage to land a bunch of CF deals. Like, it feels like a new thing weekly.

Here's Step and a Step if anybody is interested:

#13 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:55 PM

Oh, I actually like this. There's a lot of Kpop like production in this, but still something very Jpop. And the two songs are really nice.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#14 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:04 AM

78tFF9H.jpg?1

new single announced! it's a double a-side titled "take a picture / poppin' shakin'" and releases on april 7th. i'm so excited!! i kinda sorta fell off like right before their debut and i feel like i missed a lot lol so i'm hoping i can get back on with this. miihi is def my fave though!

source: https://twitter.com/...014450147348481

#15 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:32 PM

i watched the show so i adore the girls but i really can't get into their music :( i don't hate it either but its not something i listen 

#16 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:28 PM

yeah i think their stuff is alright but honestly it just feels like japanese twice. the vocals are more j-idol sounding to me but they lack the chorus/unison singing that j-idols usually have so it sticks out to me a lot lol (make you happy is especially annoying with this in the chorus, it feels like it just NEEDS unison singing there lol). it's a weird nitpick but idk. hoping with this 2nd single they do more of a unique sound. that said i really like the members though so i'm excited to get into them more

#17 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:58 PM

They are essentially a Japanese Twice. JYP saw Twice was selling ridiculously well in Japan and was like "bet I can make an all Japanese group that'll be just as popular as Twice".

And... that's essentially what has happened. Their debut is the highest selling debut single in Japan, they have gotten a ton of brand/cm deals, got invited to Kohaku (less than a month into their debut as well). But in actual music, they're a K-pop group that is geared for Japan. I'm actually surprised they haven't started promoting in Korea yet, since they have recorded Make You Happy in Korean. I do hope they let the girls have a break though, they been promoting nonstop since Nizi Project ended.

#18 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:01 PM

yeah, with their huge success they're probably gonna get worked to death for the next year or two :/ in any case though i'm hoping once they get settled a bit more they try to establish more of their own identity, i understand the japanese twice thing for the first year or two but they can't keep that going for their entire career (well they CAN but like, yknow what i mean lol) so hopefully they find their own style sometime. even if it's just in the b-sides lol. in any case though i'm gonna keep supporting them, i might even get their debut cd if i have the money

#19 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:56 PM

NiziU is going to be overworked just like Twice too.

I think they'll find a style or at least fill in the cute-concept sized gap that Twice has left. I think they'll grow into their own identity in the next 2~3 years. I'm enjoying their releases so far too. I just hope they'll become more accessible to international fans. Finding NiziU merch has been a pain to find, even more so than H!P atm. 

#20 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:04 PM

japanese twice in more ways than their music, oof

i'm surprised to hear their stuff isn't that accessible. i guess it's a byproduct of marketing hard towards the japanese market, but also, that makes no sense if h!p is more accessible. i guess they'll expand on it as they release more stuff hopefully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users