• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Arielsoul

Arielsoul

Never Forget

• Senpai
  • 6510 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

Since we're in 2018 already, figured I might as well start this thread (for reference this is the 2018 version of previous threads before about our plans to travel to Japan during the year).

Personally I'm planning two trips this year, in July-August and in October-November, still ways ahead T_T 

Main goal for the first trip is to be there for Tokyo Idol Festival 2018 and hopefully at least one more of the major summer festivals (probably Sekigahara Idol Wars).

Second trip main purpose will be visiting Akihabara Backstage Pass (for some birthdays particularly).

Hopefully I'll have clearer dates sometime in Feb-March. 

Anyone else planning to go? 

Btw, I had the luck to live there for over a hear an a half till last year so I wouldn't mind giving some advices if I can.

^_^

#2 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

I am planning to go in August! Hope to go and see some Hello!Pro and maybe AKB <3 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#3 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

^ You can attend the Summer HaroCon in August

I will attend the summer festivals in Tohoku in early August

#4 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

I'm also aiming for early August. I'd quite like to go to TIF this year.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#5 junta_m

junta_m

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

I'm planning a backpacking trip to tokyo this March. Actually, i'm already booked on the 13th thru 18th and staying somewhere in akihabara. it'll be my first time in tokyo so my itinerary would be just exploring tokyo on foot and learning to go about the tokyo metro/rail system. Hopefully, I really want to try and watch musume's spring tour opening concert on the 17th at Olympus Hall. But the problem is i don't have a clue on how to buy the tickets lol. I guess i have to research more on that, though i heard that you can by concert tickets in tokyo through 7-11 stores?

Posted Image

#6 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

There is a physical reselling store called Yokohama Ticket and you'll be able to see tickets on their website when they are send out, as well as at which of their stores you can get them and the seat location. If you buy them from a convenience store you'll be paying normal price but you'll end up with 'leftover' non-fanclub tickets, which translates into you getting a terrible spot at the very back of the venue and not being able to barely see the members and performance at all. Watching a youtube video will give you a more enjoyable experience imho so I always recommend either buying a ticket off of a reseller on Yahoo Auctions (cheaper than Yokohama Ticket) or if that's not possible purchasing one at YT. Best experience is within the first 10 rows since you'll have a great view of the performance/stage and you'll also see it if they're looking at you, which makes the concert an unforgettable experience. If you're only here once I'd really recommend spending the extra money and getting yourself a good seta since it's not an opportunity you get very often.

Also, since it's a new thread...I live here in Tokyo and regularly go to events/concerts so feel free to hit me up!

#7 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Actually it's probably a good time to share this, over the New Year I used Yokohama Ticket because of the closure of Gorakudoh. I found that whilst the number of tickets available (in the individual shop) was less the prices were not significantly different from Gorakudoh, and the way to buy the ticket was pretty much same. My main advice is to at least start with going to their main shop which is in Shinjuku quite close to the JR South East exit (Flags shopping building). The oldest guy working there also had decent English, which could be helpful if you're really lost about how/what to do. If you can't find anything in the range you're looking for in that store then probably the Shibuya store is the next best port of call, but check the website for a good idea which stores have good stocks.

One random warning (because it might upset some people), the Shinjuku store does have a slightly seedy decor mainly because there's naked women on the wall. :ph34r:

Anyway it's definitely a viable option for H!P concert tickets, I guess that since Gorakudoh closed some of that business has gone to Yokohama Ticket and this has improved their prices and stocks.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#8 junta_m

junta_m

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Thanks for the tips mates! And if I ever find myself getting wasted in a nigerian nightclub somewhere in roppongi, i hope you guys won't mind if i send an SOS in this thread hahaha. Cheers!

Posted Image

#9 Suprachicken

Suprachicken

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

I will most likely be in Tokyo May 1st to May 10th. going to hit up all the concerts that weekend at Nakano Sun Plaza :)

Tsubaki%20Factory%203%20resized_zpsjwzya

#10 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

^ It is the golden week in Japan
There are some H!P concerts in weekdays

5/3 - Kobushi Factory & Tsubaki Factory concert tour
5/4 - Juice=Juice concert tour
5/5 - Angerme concert tour

#11 Suprachicken

Suprachicken

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:37 AM

For sure, I'll be hitting all those concerts, plus the KSS one on the Sunday most likely :)

Tsubaki%20Factory%203%20resized_zpsjwzya

#12 Future Cider

Future Cider

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

Hey all,

I'm going to be going to Morning Musume's concert in Chiba on 3/24, at Mori no Hall 21. Doors open at 17:30, then the show starts 18:30.

If I skip out on buying merch, how early do I have to get there? Do I have to line up before doors open, or could I get there at like 18:00 and line up and still get in on time?

There's another event before the concert that I really want to go to, but not at the cost of seeing MM.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

I translate 12ki and 13ki's blogs into English, every day! Check it out here!

❤Haachin・Morning Musume 12/13ki・YUC'e・Philosophy no Dance・LOONA・Wakita Monari❤

#13 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:06 AM

I don't know what the normal arrangement is for that specific venue, but normally the time the 'doors open' is just when they will start letting people in. So concerts I've been to they let people in gradually from that time onwards, I've certainly gone in with only 30 minutes to go and most people won't be in their seats until about 10-20 minutes before the start time.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#14 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

You can still get in even if it's like 5 minutes before it starts and when you run late there should still be staff that'll check your ticket and let you in after the opening time.

#15 Future Cider

Future Cider

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Good to know, ty for the info!! This is my first time attending shows in Japan in general so I wasn't sure how the lineup process went, glad it seems like I can make both events!

I translate 12ki and 13ki's blogs into English, every day! Check it out here!

❤Haachin・Morning Musume 12/13ki・YUC'e・Philosophy no Dance・LOONA・Wakita Monari❤

#16 maromura

maromura

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hi! im planning on trying to attend tsubaki's single mini live and handshake event on the 25th of feb at tokyo dome laQua. i havnt attended an event before and am wondering am i able to attend the mini live without doing the handshake event? any advice would be appreciated :)

#17 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

^ Yes, you can watch the live without doing the handshake event
Toyko Dome City is a shopping hall with an open area around the stage

I went there for the mini live of Country Girls' 3rd single "Boogie Woogie LOVE / Koi wa Magnet / Ran Ra Run ~Anata ni Muchuu~" 2 years ago

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   208.15K   1 downloads

#18 Arielsoul

Arielsoul

Never Forget

• Senpai
  • 6510 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

^
^Not sure why you'd wanna skip the handshake though. If you're not aware how these events work, by buying just one CD (1080~1200 yen?) you can have a quick group handshake with them. With each CD they'll give you a random numbered ticket and with that you can also access the priority area to see them more closely. If you dont want to access that I suggest you go early to secure some spot outside it with an acceptable view (could get quite crowded). If there's too many people you might wanna see from the 2nd floor in front of the stage.. not a great view but at least not blocked by the people.

#19 maromura

maromura

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

^^ thankyou! i thought i could attend but i just wanted to make sure. im planning on trying for the handshake if i can but it depends on a few circumstances 

#20 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:21 AM

I go there for their release events all the time. It's an open area so you can secure a spot elsewhere, but if you're a girl you would benefit from entering the female viewing area and be much closer to the stage than all guys who drew better numbers than you, so definitely try buying the single for it. Especially good if you're taller than the average Japanese girls because those are the only ones who'd be in front of ya. Sales start at 9!

Also don't forget...it's not just 1 release event, they're doing 4 (!!!) release events throughout the entire day!

①11:30~ ②14:00~ ③16:30~ ④19:00~

That's insane! Attending all of them will of course require you to buy 4 cds, but they'll definitely remember and recognize you after spending that much time with them. If you're not sure about the event procedures I'd be glad to help since I'll be present and attending all of them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users