• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

The PlayStation 4 (abbreviated as PS4) is a home video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Announced as the successor to the PlayStation 3 during a press conference on February 20, 2013, it was launched on November 15 in North America, November 29 in Europe, South America and Australia, and February 22, 2014, in Japan. It competes with Nintendo's Wii U and Microsoft's Xbox One, as part of the eighth generation of video game consoles.

Source: https://en.wikipedia...i/PlayStation_4

It felt wrong to just ask for good games and not do an intro. I wanted to know about the good games since the PS4 is coming back to me this week. A small review would be helpful!

I've played so far

Final Fantasy XV / World of FF (reviews about it in the FF thread, but both are great if you are a fan of the series)

The Last Guardian 

Well, this game...if you played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and you loved them, then you've probably been waiting for this for ages. Expected to have it for PS3 even. It's a good story, similar to Ico just replacing the girl with a beast. Graphics are also pretty similar. Controls are a bit bitchy. This game would have worked better for PS3 and just after the hype Shadow of the Colossus brought tbh. 

Also Tomb Raider and Uncharted, both really similar to the previous games, though I haven't played them fully. 

I'm thinking on buying Horizon Zero Dawn (if anybody has played it I'd love a small review), and my inner child wants one of the Digimon games (probably Next Order since I love the pet raising system the DW for PS has). 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

I don't have a PS4, but get Persona 5. Persona games never fall flat, and Persona 5, from what I'm getting, is a good entry point for the series. It took so long for it to hit the States that it's killing my on the inside that I don't have a system to play it on. Think of it as a weird combination of school life simulator and dungeon turn based RPG stuff.

Also, Danganronpa is good (I own both the first and second game on my Vita). I know they released Danganronpa 1+2 Reloaded (or something to that name) on the PS4 recently. It has the first two games of the series. It's a sort of visual game and the gameplay is fast moving trials where you try to find the killer. The games are intense and the graphics style is cool (a combination of 2D and 3D).

I want a PS4 so badly though (even if it's just for Persona 5, but Horizon Zero Dawn looks good). lol

#3 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

I've played Persona 3 and yeah it's a really good series, Persona 5 looks just as good. Actually I've learnt it's also in Playstation 3 and thus it's probably more cheap if I buy it for PS3 than 4 (graphics might change but it lets me buy more games lol). Persona 5 looks so over the top, it seems worth the wait. 

Danganronpa doesn't look like my thing tbh. (but thanks!)

Ah I get what you mean. I got it last Summer but it had to stay at my mother's (lives like 6 hours away so) and now I'm getting it back. I never thought I'd buy it but after some stuff I decided. Hope you get one soon! (or at least PS3? since it also has Persona 5)

HZD looks ridiculously good, I've read good reviews as well. That's the must buy game. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

I just bought Persona 5 yesterday, and will start playing it tonight in an hour or two.

I'm looking forward to it, especially since it's my first Persona game! :)

The only other games I own on PS4 are FFXV and Yakuza 0. I haven't played Yakuza 0 yet, and will after Persona.

I do most of my gaming on PC...

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#5 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Since I have a huge backlog of games that i've yet to play on the PS3, the only games I'm currently playing on PS4 is FFXV, WOFF, Destiny, Overwatch, and Mortal Combat X. 

But Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn seems like the go-to games to play on the PS4 right now so i would go for that~ I've been watching a few streamers on Twitch play the game, and have visited my local game hub to get a taster of HZD. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay, although a little confusing at first, as really fun when you get the hang of it. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#6 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

COuldn't play Destiny before because I didn't have Internet. Since it's the free game that came with it I always wondered if it's good lol.

Well as my status said my PS4 is dead. It might just be power supply, my boyfriend opened it since he knows and has all those tools and it wasn't as wet as I expected, yet it didn't even start. (which lead us to think it's the one thing we can't open that's dead). I'm crossing my fingers it's just that, even if it's expensive at least it isn't a new PS4. ;_; 

I've also decided on HZD since it seems really good and Digimon Next Order because I can't not buy it lol. Everyone is all over Overwatch and I've yet to see a trailer but it seems more for multiplayer gaming? 

Also, I bought Persona 5 but for PS3, I have to restart it because of reasons but it's really good so far. The Persona are so over the top. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#7 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

I have a lot of PS4 games, seems this last month and a half have been non-stop buys (NieR, Mass Effect, KH 2.8/1.5+2.5, Persona 5, Yooka-Laylee, and Horizon) I quite love all of them :D

#8 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

I think NieR was one of the games to check, how is it?

Just wanted to say Horizon Zero Dawn is incredibly awesome. Like that game you buy for a new gen console and think well, my money was worth it. The new console was worthit.
(Digimon is just if you are a fan lmao).

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#9 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

Isn't the 4K version coming out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users