• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#1 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

I decide to create a thread for UUG(2) because they are already starting to do their own activities.

Member twitter accounts
Nakaoki Rin / 中沖 凛: @uug2_rin

Hashimura Riko / 橋村理子: @uug2_riko

Kajishima Aya / 鍛治島彩: @uug2_kajishima

Yoshikawa Mayu / 吉川茉優: @uug2_mayu

Takahagi Chinatsu / 高萩千夏: @uug2_chinatsu

[2017-03-18] UUG(2) Showroom.
*** video was made provate. Please refer to Xin's post below ***

In this showroom they announced that UUG(2) will participate in UUG(仮)new single.
They will participate in the dance and MV.
They will also have a (2) version of the song and have their own cover jacket for the single ( I am not sure about this part. I think they mean they will release a (2) version of the single ).

The second announcement is about the addition of a new member to UUG(2).
The new member is Nakaoki Rin. I have created her thread so check it out for her details.

img2017031815051038.jpg

PS: On last weeks UUG(2) Showroom Maana was elected/promoted as Mentor/Playing Manager(?) for UUG(2).

---

[2018-04-23 UPDATE]
2 New Members were announced on 2018-04-21 at UUG2 first 1-MAN Live.
Here are the details of the new members.

Two new members:
https://ameblo.jp/up...2370155358.html

Nakagawa Chihiro (中川千尋) 13 years old

Home Prefecture: Shizuoka
Birthdate: September 3, 2004 (2nd year of middle school)
Special skills: Karate, English

m41400x.jpg

Sasaki Honoka (佐々木ほのか) 12 years old

Home Prefecture: Fukuoka
Birthdate: January 30, 2006 (1st year of middle school)
Special skills: Karate, Dance

Wuy8spJ.jpg

UUG2 Lineup as of 2018年04月23日
====================================
1) Takahagi Chinatsu (高萩千夏) 1997年 7月 4日 (21yo)
2) Yoshikawa Mayu (吉川茉優) 1998年 5月 28日 (20yo)
3) Kajishima Aya (鍛冶島彩) 1999年 7月 21日 (19yo)
4) Hashimura Riko (橋村理子) 2000年 1月 31日 (18yo)
5) Nakaoki Rin (中沖凜) 2001年 3月 14日 (17yo)
6) Nakagawa Chihiro (中川千尋) 2004年 9月 3日 (13yo)
7) Sasaki Honoka (佐々木ほのか) 2006年 1月 30日 (12yo)

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#2 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

Looks like the first video you linked is private now...

edit: Looks like it's up on the official channel now so that's why.

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#3 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Was Nakaoki in the audition? If so, what was her nickname because I really don't recognize her at all.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#4 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

I don't think I saw her but I'm not really sure since I just skimmed most of it...

From the showroom it seems like there was something about coming from far away and someone (parents??) being against it or something...? Also I think something about her watching something (auditions? showroom? IDK) from home, I think... I'm not really sure, my Japanese still isn't the best. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Chinatsu and Mayu came from somewhat far away as well, at least not as local as Aya and Riko, but they're older (I think they're out of school?) so it may be different for them compared to a first year in high school like Rin.

VMAYe.png

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#5 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

Was Nakaoki in the audition? If so, what was her nickname because I really don't recognize her at all.

Nakaoki was not in the final 11 but was in the early stage of the audition, if I understood it correctly.

Thanks for posting the video from the official channel, Xin.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

Lord I know the losers are probably fuming right now ;_;. I will never understand why companies do that, like UFP with Mizuki Fukumura or JYP with Momo in SIXTEEN... When they reject a girl in the earlier rounds, just to end up bringing her back as an official member. I know it creates this whole marketable Cinderella success story, but it gets old and it kinda sucks for the girls that completely lost the audition.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#7 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

^I understand where you are coming from. I am not too happy with how they are handling the audition either :(

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#8 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

Meh?
It's not like auditions are some kind of objective competition with rules for fairness that ensure just results. It's just some dude at UF's(?) YUM's(?) gut instinct about what's going to work.

Speaking of whose gut, does anybody know their agency/promotion/distribution status?

But more than anything, I think it's a good idea to make sure that (2) knows that they're not on some straight, well-paved road. UUG is basically defined by having come at everything from the public's blind-spot, and everything coming to them from unexpected angles. If that smooths the way for (2), (2)'s nature, personality, attitude, shape, etc is going to be totally different. They wouldn't feel significantly like UUG.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#9 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:41 AM

Yes but why reject a girl if you're just gonna add her into the mix anyways? If you thought she was good enough, you would've at least added her to the final round. Management can do whatever they want and I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, but I still think it's pretty stupid to just reject someone to end up being like "You know what?? I think I'll take them anyways.". If they thought she was good now and found interest in her, they would've put her in the final round and just have announced the original 5.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#10 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

I think you're making "like" into a more objective thing than it actually is. I don't know what happened, so I'm just telling a fairy-tale now, but:

What if after putting out those 4 and seeing how they work together, what they look like, etc, they felt there was a significant gap. It wasn't what they were looking for originally, but seeing the 4 they thought, "hmm, missing (X)" So they flip through the old audition and see who had (X) start calling people, "Hey, still interested?" and ended up with Nakaoki.

It's also possible that there was just other drama. God knows what regarding her previous group, or parental involvement, or whatever. Life is complicated.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#11 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

Regarding her previous group, didn't she graduate before the UUG auditions were announced? I'm not 100% sure, just going by what I'm reading on Wikipedia and UUG YouTube video upload dates.

I'd be more inclined to think it'd have more to do with parents or school or something of that nature, given her age, but it's hard to know for sure.

VMAYe.png

#12 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Could it be something like Nagahama Neru's (from Keyakizaka46) situation? Where she passed to the final round but her parents weren't happy with her taking part. She managed to convince her parents to change their minds and the management quickly let her in because they wanted her in the group anyway.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#13 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

Chinachan tweet: https://twitter.com/...464132438573057
UUG(2) is at Satoyama & Satoumi e Ikou 2017.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#14 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

[2017-03-26] Satoyama & Satoumi e Ikou 2017 - UUG(2) PR event.

Maachan lost her voice yesterday ( no reason was given ) so she couldn't say anything.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#15 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

UUG(2) with H!P members at Satoyama & Satoumi e Ikou 2017.
img20170326141617303.jpg

img20170326130034828.jpg

img20170326130036374.jpg

img20170326130028551.jpg

img20170326130020478.jpg

img20170326130027836.jpg

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#16 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

[2017-04-06] Imouto-1 Grand Prix - UUG(2) live event at Akiba Cultures Theatre.

[2017-04-07] Girls Flash - UUG(2) video message after live.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#17 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

^
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They do have a kind of good balance of characters, somehow.

I wonder where Kajishima will end up after the embarrassed by everything, hetare-moe wears off. When everybody stops moe-ing over it, they'll start to tease her about it... I guess that's why everybody compares her to Mori?
And I kinda vaguely knew that Yoshikawa was above-average height, I didn't know that it was 100% in her legs. That seems like a weapon waiting for deployment. :sly:
Somehow, Nakaoki strikes me as "what Haga Akane was supposed to be" but Haga was too cool-headed.

We. Shall. See.

#18 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

^What you said about Maachan. I remember staff-san saying the same about Berry's Chinami :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#19 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

^
Tokunaga is also incredibly long legged. But... you just can't put Tokunaga on stage and say, "look at her long legs" when on the same stage... Kumai Yurina.
And somehow, Tokunaga's personality always made me think of her as "spindly" rather than "leggy." Dunno if that makes any sense.

#20 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

True, Yurina is tall and all but her legs never appeal to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

UUG(2) recieved news that they will take part in Idol Yokochou Natsu Matsuri 2017 on 2017-07-08/09.

This will be their first solo idol live event. Congratulations!

Natalie reveals Idol Yokochou Natsu Matsuri 2017 lineup: http://natalie.mu/music/news/227966

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users