• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Hey guys! I've been playing this game recently. I got the Prepare to die edition for the PS3 some time ago but didn't have time to play it until now. I just killed the Moonlight Butterfly and I'm wondering if to visit the Catacombs. Also, once I'm done with this one, I play to get Scholar of the first Sin for PS4.

So, anyway who is playing/played/plans to play this game? Leave your thoughts here! (kinda impressed nobody had a thread for this game)

Spoiler

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#2 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:49 AM

I've played the first two games (waiting for the third to get cheaper) but not Demon's Souls. From Software have done a really good job of making relevant games in the modern era whilst retaining a lot of the unforgiving elements of the good old days. They can be a grind but you know you've really achieved something if you manage to complete one. XD

Anyone with a PS4 and who likes these should definitely try Bloodbourne. (shameless plug)

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#3 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:33 AM

When I get a PS4 I'll get the other two remaining games, plus Bloodborne, Lord of the Fallen and Nioh. I also need to get Demon's Souls!!

Oh today I defeated Sif... it gets sad towards the end :(

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#4 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

Yeah Nioh does have some differences but certainly has a lot of the same elements, also good if you like your Japanese historical stuff.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#5 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'm thinking of playing this.

#6 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

I played "Soulsborne" series in order: DS1, Demon's Souls, DS2, DS3, Bloodborne. DS1 still gives me most feels (maybe 'cause it was first I played), DS3 is overall the best and Bloodborne has most atmospheric feeling. I have several playthroughs on every souls game and I still play them.. and gonna continue to play them until I die. This series really raised the bar of video games (for me at least) and I'm so happy that I found these.

About those other soulslike games: Nioh was pretty good. Challenging, well made, lots to do and game mechanics work really well. More grinding than souls games, but it was good.

Lords of the Fallen was absolute garbage. Controls seem stiff, gameworld was uninteresting, same enemies and whole game felt like cheap copy of DS. Only good thing was, that it was free for ps+ members, so I didn't have to pay for this shit.

P.S If you are not against playing 2d games, check out Salt and Sanctuary. It is 100% like DS, but like I said, 2d.

#7 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

i just downloaded the rip pc version also Prepare to die edition, the graphics looks good on windowed mode but horrible on fullscreen even at best settings. played it for an hour i think trying to configure my controller with a missing button, got frustrated so i uninstalled it ^^;

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#8 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

I recently played Bloodborne, and I hate these games.

While I want to know more of the story and progress through, I think it's ridiculous how far they make the checkpoints and how each time you quit the game and come back the bad guys are all there again.

You seriously need a lot of time and patience for these games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users