• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

Was Tsunku responsible for selecting the girls in MM? And if so, up to what year? And who took over girl selection after him? Just curious, because I noticed that the MM girls themselves are quite different from what they used to be. I really liked MM up to around Aika, then things started to go down hill.

#22 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Was Tsunku responsible for selecting the girls in MM? And if so, up to what year? And who took over girl selection after him? Just curious, because I noticed that the MM girls themselves are quite different from what they used to be. I really liked MM up to around Aika, then things started to go down hill.

Yes, I think that Tsunku is selecting the MM girls. And I think that he still select them in 2017. If I make a mistake by saying this, please tell me. But I'm pretty sure that Tsunku selected all the girls, and that he still selects them  :)

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#23 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

He doesn't, he's only involved with songs now.
Even before he wasn't the one who picked the winners, he only picked the finalists.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#24 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

Thanks for letting me know  :)

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#25 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

Even before he wasn't the one who picked the winners, he only picked the finalists.

Do you know the name of the person(s) who decided which girls would go to audition?

#26 Chibishi

Chibishi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

I actually thought he was the one who did almost everything, like casting, songs writing, production, concerts etc.... but he was a lot more involved 5+ years ago right?

VM0mgGh.png

My new graphics thread >here<

#27 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

This discussion between some of the people I mentioned, puts a lot of flesh on the bones of what happened in H!P a long time ago basically since they went from MM + some soloists to MM and lots of other groups. Tsunku couldn't do the overseeing and recording of everything and a lot of people we see now, moved into the directors positions working with Tsunku but overseeing different groups. So Yamao was director for both kids groups for example. But one interesting thing here is how the directors deliberately wanted to continue the impression Tsunku was hands on things and didn't want to be filmed in vocal recording sessions. They actually still don't do that much, though Taisei I think has been seen doing it a few times. Basically it proves the point that the idea that Tsunku controlled the whole process in some way was an useful illusion that meant it wasn't so hard at all to transition to what they're doing now. All that really happened is Hashimoto moved back from a label manager to be the chief Director and give the creative cabal a head boss, Tsunku isn't part of that process like he was but continues as one of the song writers... obviously one that everyone involved knows very well and has huge respect for.

http://wotaintransla...ding-directors/

I'll quote back this but also add this interview as it has some more up to date comments by Tsunku on the situation.

http://wotaintransla...interview-2017/

Tsunku oversaw the production of H!P but this involved a lot of people (that he trusted) doing a lot of things and making plenty of decisions. Most of those people are still involved in similar capacities when it comes to directors or arrangers who when you read into things were very very important in ensuring Tsunku was able to take so many songs from the drawing board to completed tracks. It does now seem that any of the overseeing that Tsunku may have done is now far more a group exercise. Take the recent H!P auditions as an example, Hashimoto Shin was involved in the interviews and decision making but taking the lead was Nishiguchi Takeshi (UF Representative Director) who also is at least signing off all graduation and member announcements. So that ties in with what Tsunku is saying, the overall company is more hands on. Though something interesting struck me about the old audition footage they showed recently, namely Yamaki's (and it wasn't just how in inexperienced hands dancing with a microphone can look more like a fight to the death with an anaconda) it sounded like Nishiguchi was also leading that audition. So I'm mindful that what we see now may have been where we already were, in that Tsunku's control and responsibilities clearly did not remain the same throughout his time as H!P producer. Just like with the vocal recordings it's highly likely at the start he did 'run' auditions but at some point other people took a more prominent role and they liked to leave the impression of Tsunku as the Svengali.   

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#28 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

i personally think that UFA adding Kaede to Morning Musume is the greatest prove of how he doesnt pick member anymore...

#29 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Do you know the name of the person(s) who decided which girls would go to audition?

Sorry for the very late answer. But as Obsidian has mentioned there are lots of people in charge of decisions. There have been rumours that in the end it's Up-Front's director and/or his daughter who do the final pick. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users