• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

(デジモン Dejimon, branded as Digimon: Digital Monsters, stylized as DIGIMON), short for "Digital Monsters" (デジタルモンスターDejitaru Monsutā), is a Japanese media franchise encompassing virtual pet toys, animemangavideo gamesfilms and a trading card game. The franchise focuses on Digimon creatures, which are monsters living in a "Digital World", a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks. In many incarnations, Digimon are raised by humans called "Digidestined" or "Tamers", and they team up to defeat evil Digimon and human villains who are trying to destroy the fabric of the Digital world.

Source

------------------------------------

No Digimon Thread? Well considering we have up to 2017 for the other Tri OVAs this could have some life span.

Anyway, my fave seasons are Adventure and Tamers. I also liked 02 but it's something I should re-watch, at that time I couldn't get into the new kids. The Latin dub for this series as a whole is awesome, but I think the 02 new kids might have suffered from some lame voices. Savers was also pretty good, I loved that Agumon.

My fave kids are Yamato and Takato. And Digimon Gabumon, Gomamon and Guilmon ofc. Then I have other Digimon faves but as main characters, those I guess. I mostly got to love them from the games haha.

Xross was a mess, couldn't even finish it, and Frontier well, I wasn't big in them changing into Digimon, but it was a nice effort.

So going back to Tri, I'm glad the second chapter focused on Gomamon/Joe because to me, their relationship is one of the best. Patamon/Takeru and Palmon/Mimi are also really strong. It made me want to re-watch the whole series.

The poster for Tri, thanks to RoxasXIII

http://36.media.tumb...jgwno1_1280.png

Hmm it's interesting Patamon isn't in his evolved form, I would bet he doesn't evolve in this one (and somehow goes away like in the trailer, but I wonder why), and does so with Tailmon as per usual. It would be a nice change instead of two mega evolutions per chapter until the final battle. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Xros Wars is pretty good but the last arc (hunter arc) is indeed, a mess

compared to relationship between Taichi and Daisuke, Taiki and Tagiru is really bad imo

Gomamon and Joe never kicked anyone ass in movie, so it's pretty nice seeing them being badass in latest movie chapter. lol

the fourth chapter movie seems will have Sora, Hououmon (or Phoenixmon in US Ver.), Hikari and also Tailmon (not Ofanimon, like Patamon here)

and if TOEI still want to stick patamon treatment like how they treat patamon in 01, seems he will evolve to seraphimon in chapter 5 or 6

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#3 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

A big Digimon fan here ^^

I overall preferred the second Tri movie over the first one. It was refreshing to see characters who usually took the backseat in the original anime as front characters. Mimi and Palmon, Joe and Gomamon.. both pairs are great. ^^ And finally seeing their final forms was a dream come true tbh.

I'm kinda annoyed that we have to wait six months for the third movie, since it was originally slated for summer, but what can you do..

I8dtEOy.gif

#4 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

Wow other Digimon fans yay! 
I just started Digimon Adventure Tri and oh man episode 8 is getting to me...

Still loving the Gomamon/Joe relationship!

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#5 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Wada Kouji died. =(

Butterfly is so epic. Honest, I never skip it in Tri. 

The Latin dub was amazing, for both songs, and I'm not sure how accurate the lyric translation was, but they were such optimistic and powerful ones, it's amazing how the melody and song itself from someone so far away gets to you. Somehow his death made me so sad! damn his voice was so powerful and full of life. 

Unrelated but damn Tamers was pretty dark.

the fourth chapter movie seems will have Sora, Hououmon (or Phoenixmon in US Ver.), Hikari and also Tailmon (not Ofanimon, like Patamon here)

and if TOEI still want to stick patamon treatment like how they treat patamon in 01, seems he will evolve to seraphimon in chapter 5 or 6

Yeah, both Patamon/Tailmon. I bet they'll make Takari go somewhere alone to save the 02 kids or sth and they'll evolve together. But maybe Patamon will become special like in S01 (of the feels <3).

Speaking of Takari, I'd go to Japan to ask why they never make it official and still keep teasing. I love them together and it makes sense and all and Tri still gives hints and ughhh make it canon. </3 

I also don't get Sorato here, it became official if we go by timeline but here it's like they teased a bit with the triangle that uh, kinda isn't there anymore? I suppose it's just to stir things up. 

Also, I didn't expect /spoilers for Tri/ that ending, while I did expect Mei-chan to become violent somewhere along the line or get caught, not so soon. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#6 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:22 AM

granted ticket to feeladelphia

Spoiler

Chapter 3 "Kokuhaku" official poster (clearer version)

12599477_211890642511466_705837348_n.jpg

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#7 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

The one with the Digimon T_T

I love the art of the posters. Loving how Patamon looks giddy compared to everyone.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#8 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

I've been playing Cyber Sleuth, lemme tell ya, was VERY surprised to see Vanilla Beans promoted in the game XD

#9 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

I never watched or read any of the manga when I was younger but I remember when all the other kids loved Pokemon I loved Digimon even more! I especially loved playing the video games on PS1 I became quite an amazing tamer!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#10 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

I was addicted to the first PS game, it's awesome, I love how cute the graphics look. I remember my first Ultimate was Vademon lol. I've replayed it a lot of times. 2 and 3 are also fun to play, 3 gets annoying with how frequent the battles come though. 

I started Digimon Re:Digitize, but kinda left it there because rl and Uni. </3

^^Also envy because I want to play that but new consoles are so expensive ughhh.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#11 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

new trailer for Kokuhaku

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#12 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:27 AM

Awww Mei-chan nooo. Damn Patamon. I'm loving it if he tells his Digimon friends first, whatever is happening to him. So cute. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#13 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

oh dang, i should actually get back on wtching this.  For some reason i watched 1/2 of the first episode of tri but inexplicably did something else.

:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#14 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

from next order

a908c93d70cf3bc78b372fdad900baa1cd112ad6

073c70cf3bc79f3dedd60606b2a1cd11728b29d6

Meikumon (or meicoomon, if you refer to wiki) evolves to メイクラックモン

since there is still no official romanization yet, it can be translated to meikurakkumon or meicrackmon

level is perfect (or ultimate if you're more used to US translation)

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#15 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:26 AM

Mei-chan was a champion like Tailmon right?

Meikurakkumon sounds nice. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#16 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:03 AM

yes, she is adult / champion

then is that means the form that killed leomon isn't her evolved form but just something like "corrupted and berserk" form?

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#17 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

Don't know if this is the trailer that was posted before (can't watch it, it's been removed)

But here's a trailer for Kokuhaku!

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#18 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

Omg Confession was brutal. Spoilers ahead.

-Patamon omg poor baby. I love how he noticed he was infected so fast. And I loveee how he told his other Digimon friends. 

-There was a lot of forced drama, like Takeru didn't really think of telling not even Yamato, and he tells Mei? He's talking as if  his other friends were sadists that would end Patamon, if it was people he barely knew I'd get it but this...nah. 

-Tailmon not getting Agumon's remarks ++

-The Digimon making memories with the kids ;_; ;_; Tailmon was especially painful. But what's with the screencap of Gabumon just standing so far from Yamato lmao. 

-There are a lot of plot points that leave me like whaaat but I enjoyed it too much to take points from that.

-The whistle at the end omg, that was heart breaking. 

-Koushiro was so good this episode, Tentomon/Kou was so sweet, too bad his mega form idk, it didn't have much to battle. And d'aww when the infected ones hug him. 

-Yamato/Taichi so strong lmao, blushing, dates.

-Make Takari happen damn it. Hikari was all over Takeru.

-Yamato hugging Takeru d'aww. 

-Why going to the digital world in school clothes? 

-But yas! Digital World!

I can wait for them to recover their memories. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#19 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:00 PM

Kokuhaku was the best out of the three movies released so far. What an emotional rollecoaster. I got what I wanted and more.

Them plot twists though. So stoked for the next movie

I8dtEOy.gif

#20 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

Kokuhaku was soo good <3 End made me cry like a little baby though. Yamato is such a great big brother <3 

And TAKARI <3 make it happen make it happen. I loved the whistle, it's such a smart move and it made me think back to adventure <3 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users