• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

I don't have acne, so I don't have anything to contribute to that area, BUT I've had eczema ever since I was young, so I've got some tips on that! These tips are what worked for me, but they may not have the same result on you since everyone is different.

- if the eczema on your arms/legs/body is really severe, don't use soap. You might think this is really dirty, but really, the less chemicals/stuff in general on you the better. Just use water and rinse yourself thoroughly.

- this is gonna sound real dumb but seriously DO YOUR BEST to just not scratch. AT ALL.

- some sweat tends to gather at your elbows, armpits, and behind the knees, especially when you're sitting for long periods. Make sure you regularly gently wipe those areas dry so that it won't build up and irritate your skin.

Lastly, I suddenly got very bad eczema on my hands about 4 years ago. It was really embarrassing since I live in a tropical country and can't cover it with gloves or anything. I tried to do a lot of stuff and slathered on loads of creams but they all didn't work. The only thing that worked for me is this cream from Derma E called Psorzema Creme. I ordered it off iHerb, which means it's really cheap and made with natural ingredients.

I'd apply the cream on all the parts that are dry/itchy, then to "seal" it I use The Body Shop's Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet over it too. It works really well, my hands are back to normal now and I even have hair growing back on my fingers because last time I would scratch so much they wouldn't grow (YES it's disgusting).

It might not work for you, I know this cream has had some 1 star reviews because it didn't work for them. But it's a cheap and natural option so why not try it out! Fair warning: it doesn't smell pretty. A bit like old saliva from the back of your throat. Another reason for me to put the Aqua Boost Sorbet over it.

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#42 Sey255

Sey255

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

When skin problems.
From personal experience.
1. Japanese soap (cleansers need!)
2. Immediately after washing lubricate the cream. Then you can wash more often!
3. Avoid contact with the body of the juice plant (eg when cleaning carrots or mowing grass)
4. Gloves like a second skin (washing dishes, cleaning and other chores)
5. Perhaps the most important thing: Illumination diet (for product search, on which issues).

#43 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

A bit of an "update" on my skin.

My current state is pretty good, best in my teenager period. One side of my face is completely clean and the other has 2-3 little spots. Basically summer is doing great things on my skin. The warm air just soothes it. Of course I avoid exposing it directly to the sun because then it's no good.

But as soon as it starts raining and it gets cold my skin reacts to it pretty badly and it gets dry and some underskin pimples start showing up. Fortunately most of the time I stop their growth and don't let them erupt.

My current products consist of bulgarian brands, which are doing pretty nice to my skin:

1. After washing my face before sleep I put on Amrita lotion with rosemary extract using a cotton disc (tampon).
  2. After the lotion absorbs into my skin I put on Amrita concealer (rosemary extract as well) which is white substance similar to pen concealer that absorbs in your skin and leaves only mild white spots that are washable. I put the concealer on potential pimples and current irritated pimples that I don't want to pop and I want to dry out.
  3. And I also put on White cream Rachev on old acne scars and soon popped pimples (after the concealer dries them out, popping them is quite easy and leaves just a little hole that closes itself after a while, but the cream speeds it up and leaves no pigmentation)

In the morning I wipe out the concealer with wet baby wipes (because they have no perfumes that could irritate my skin) and the cream with dry towel. Afterwards I mildly wash it out with water. I also wash my face before sleep. I wash my face only twice a day.

#44 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

I have a little bit of acne, but it's not a big deal. If I could give some pieces of advice to take care of my skin, it would be:

- Wash your face at least 2 times a day

- Put some moisturizing cream on your face and try to avoid the areas where you have a lot of pimples so you won't contaminate the rest of your skin

- Don't eat too much fruits, because they're really acidic and they can create pimples

- You can talk to a doctor and he will give you an acne cream (It's really effective but your skin can turn red or irritated)

- Don't irritate your skin with parfumed creams, tight hats and don't scratch your face too much

- Eat well and don't lose hope!

I'm really, really not a professionnal, but these are my ways to keep my skin healthy. Thanks for reading! 

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#45 Chibishi

Chibishi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

What really worked for my was going to the doctor... I tried so many times to use good skincare products, but still acne found it's way to ruin my skin  :unsure: 
My best decision was to visit the doctor and get a prescription acne cream to keep it away for a longer time. It still comes back after a few years of the same product, so I don't think I'll get rid of it any time soon.. I'm 22 now and hope that it will go away by it's own.

VM0mgGh.png

My new graphics thread >here<

#46 anli1

anli1

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

I don't have acne but I have very dry skin and I don't know what I should do for it...

It seems that even though moisturize it, it stays very dry

#47 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Maybe you're dehydrated, sometimes water helps with dry skin and you may need to change your diet to more vegetables. ^ Of course everyone is different, so perhaps consult a doctor or dermatologist first before trying anything different to your lifestyle.

I have very dry skin too, for me personally though this is what I do:

I use a gel cleanser - kinda an unbranded one from the local supermarket

Hada Labo Face Foam

Then a bunch of serums and stuff that I'll alternate with throughout different days.

I also wear sunscreen whenever I go out, I really like the Nivea brand with 50spf.

I still breakout, but my complexion is much better than before.

#48 anli1

anli1

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Maybe you're dehydrated, sometimes water helps with dry skin and you may need to change your diet to more vegetables. ^ Of course everyone is different, so perhaps consult a doctor or dermatologist first before trying anything different to your lifestyle.

I have very dry skin too, for me personally though this is what I do:

I use a gel cleanser - kinda an unbranded one from the local supermarket

Hada Labo Face Foam

Then a bunch of serums and stuff that I'll alternate with throughout different days.

I also wear sunscreen whenever I go out, I really like the Nivea brand with 50spf.

I still breakout, but my complexion is much better than before.

Thank you so much for the tips!! I will try to do those and see what happens ^^

#49 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

Any recommendations for light moisturizers? I need something that won't make me look too oily.

#50 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

^Maybe try Neutrogena water moisturizers? There’s a water gel moisturizer and a water cream for extra dry skin. Since I’m oily in my t-zone, I primarily use the water gel moisturizer and I’m really enjoying it.

Anyone try Pixi Glow tonic? It has 5% glycolic acid and I’m hoping it will help out my closed comedones.
Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users