831 replies to this topic

#821 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 03:37 PM

^

I guess it's a bit part, since it's not on the cast-list or the relationship-charts?

But even if it is, that's how you start getting roles... (unless you're in Johnny's lol)

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#822 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:30 AM

It says in the press release that she plays a "pivotal" role, but a featured cameo isn't the worst thing to have, especially since I can't remember the last time someone in H!P got a drama role as an active idol (outside of the self-promo dramas UF produces every so often). I do love seeing her as the H!P it-girl, so I can only hope this does lead to more work in the acting direction.
DDOhydd.gif

#823 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:19 PM

It's a good thing that "normal" producers and directors either sought her out, or found her appropriate after an audition.

Like with Sasaki's long running modelling jobs, the fact that members stand up to "general" industry standards is a good thing.  My gut says this role found Kamikokuryo by way of Azatokute Nani ga Warui no.  But also despite common beliefs, the agency does hustle...

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#824 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:15 PM

The media seems to agree that Azatokute was the source of Moe's big break, but the subsequent high-profile ad campaigns and media coverage she's gotten since certainly haven't hurt her career, either.

As for the agency, I think sometimes people forget that it does actually exist to make money, and while UF is generally more conservative than other agencies, they still won't get in the way of an idol's success. I am also of the (mystifyingly) controversial opinion that UF relies on their idols to tell them how much they want to work outside of the group, rather than the other way around. It explains why they did not push Sato to the ends of the earth to capitalize on her popularity, as Sato herself has said and conducted herself in a way that generally eschews the spotlight, for one thing. H!P idols generally have a very full schedule to start off with, so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that UF would rather lean away from mass media exposure if it means the girls don't have a breakdown. That's why, for as much as I'd like to see Moe go the full Hashimoto Kanna route, I have to assume there's a reason why she isn't working all the jobs, all the time.

This is a complete aside, but
Spoiler

Edit: I have no idea if I made a cohesive thought at any point, but the short story is, I don't think the agency is as hopeless as people think and Moe's continued success is part of that.
DDOhydd.gif

#825 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 10:11 AM

So ya'll remember how Kamiko covers Make you happy by niziU (it's kind of what blew her up tbh) WELL they private the video, which sucks cuz I wanna watch it so bad. Does anyone know where I can find it? Maybe uploaded somewhere else. Or even download it. 

HLxdmXb.png

#826 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 07:13 PM

Kamiko went to see Hairspray and her following blog gushed about Meimi being an inspiration.

https://ameblo.jp/an...2769252203.html

Attached Files

#827 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:07 PM

The original is region blocked to Japan so I uploaded Kamiko's cover of Aoi Sangoshou

MizukiRina

Twitter

#828 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 05:18 AM

Seems as if Kamiko is the McFlurry girl again.

#829 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:30 PM

Moe will be Angerme new leader. Ayano stay sub leader.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#830 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1647 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 07:12 AM

Wow! Want an interesting development. I thought Ayano would be made leader and then Rikako & Moe will be made sub-leaders concurrently because I think they are likely to graduate. Now it seems like Moe is here to stay and Ayano + Rikako could be graduating soon.

#831 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 11:16 AM

I'm not worried about Ayano but Rikako... Yeah i can see her be the next one :(

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#832 Leon_santillan1980

Leon_santillan1980

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 June 2023 - 06:36 PM

yeah kamiko leadear was spectec, she has put soo much effort and time being the center withd rikako that i think she is the right choice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users