• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#221 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

There are times when I just need a strong dose of Kpop - and I'm hooked on the way that so many MVs use incredibly bright, intense, saturated colors. 

This time of year, my brain really, really needs a massive overdose of bright light and color. :ph34r:

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#222 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:55 AM

i'm always like 2 months late to kpop so i only just listened to this for the first time the other day, and oh my god i'm in love with it lol. like this singlehandedly got me into gfriend, now i'm listening to their music and i'm probably a eunha bias lmao. also is it just me or are they very h!p like?? not this song but basically anything prior to apple feels so h!p. crossroads and fingertip especially but honestly most of their title tracks. they feel like a weird blend of juice=juice and tsubaki factory except with kpop vibes thrown in and i love it

#223 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:15 PM

Oop. It's about time to drop some MVS. 

STAYC: ASAP (Off topic but I'm getting to meet them again on the 9th and 10th!)

Brave Girls: Rollin (shhhh, it counts since they managed to have the revival of the century / broke multiple records with a 4 year old song)

aespa: Forever 

IZ*ONE: D-D-Dance (well y'all I guess this is technically their last release? OTR still milking them with the MD tho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5zFbngjX-k

Weeekly: After School (best Weeekly song yet ft. skateboards)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfVuRQX0ydQ

IU: Lilac (A queen who will never release bad songs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7bnOxV4jAc

Purple Kiss: Ponzona (Damn, this is hands down one of my favorite debuts in awhile.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lyf6PipuIg

#224 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:33 AM

This is great - and there's so much going on!

Purple Kiss: Ponzona (Damn, this is hands down one of my favorite debuts in awhile.)

#225 enid

enid

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:03 PM

Itzy came back yesterday. I personally like it but i've seen mixed opinions on twitter

#226 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:58 PM

It's okay but it sounds rather generic? I always like ITZY's title tracks but if another group covered it, I wouldn't think it was an ITZY song. 

It's not a release but IOI had their 5 year reunion. Kyulkyung and Mina weren't able to attend, but Kyulkyung was able to participate during one part through a video call. T . T

#227 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:57 AM

to be fair Itzy's title tracks usually receive a lot of mixed reviews at first before getting people obsessed lol...they're growers!

#228 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1226 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:27 PM

I really love the song, but parts of the MV look too much like Dreamcatcher's MVs and it's disturbing.

This is great - and there's so much going on!

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#229 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:14 AM

lightsum made their debut with vanilla, and i actually love it a lot more than i expected lol. it's so fun! the mv is super colorful and bright, love the combo of pink & yellow, and the girls look really cute too. definitely love the darker forest parts of the mv, they feel kind of summery somehow? the lights make it really pretty. the song's hook is ridiculously catchy and my favorite part is the electro post chorus(?) drop, kpop drops are relatively safe most of the time so it's cool that this one has more of an edge, and in a cute concept song no less which it somehow works perfectly in. i kinda wanna stan them LOL, chowon and nayoung really stood out (chowon's high note??? damn) and i like them a lot so we'll see

and here's twice's comeback with alcohol-free, which is a really weird name, but it's pretty good. the song is so laid back and chill, but still kind of upbeat, so it's perfect for the summer lol. the mv and styling kinda feel like more & more but toned back a bit, i love all the party scenes with the girls dancing around, and the parts where some of them were floating was kinda weird but i thought they were cute lol. nayeon, sana, and mina were so pretty here!!! and chaeyoung's pink wavy hair T__T i love her. idk how much i'll listen to this, but i love the calmer vibe it has, and i definitely need calm nowadays, so maybe it'll get a lot of plays from me this summer lol

#230 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 06:22 AM

i liked vanilla way more than expected from the teasers and such tbh...and while i still think some of the girls would fit better on a stronger concept, they still pulled it off real well.

as for twice, i adore the girls but to me their last really strong release was feel special tbh.

#231 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:37 AM

Alcohol-Free sounds like it’s from a royalty free music website or elevator music. The B-sides are so much better than Alcohol-Free to the point where I’m wondering who in their right mind decided to make Alcohol Free the title track. Bright side: JYP PUT SOME EFFORT INTO THE MUSIC VIDEO AND PINK HAIR CHAE IS BACK!!!

As for Vanilla, it sounds like somebody took (G)-IDLE’s concept and made it bubblegum pop. Somehow it works and the song is lodged in my head now (especially the chorus). Those beat drops have that signature Cube sound. The girls pulled it off well, and as long as their company promotes them right, they could really become a strong group in the future.

#232 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:51 AM

LMAO elevator music is a perfect description!! i think it actually works for the chill laidback sound it's going for, but it does fall a bit flat. i haven't heard the b-sides yet so i'll definitely get around to that, i heard they're kind of short but really good. also chaeyoung is so powerful with pink hair, i'm glad it returned after fancy and even more saturated than before lol

vanilla does have a very cube sound, it reminds me of clc's early stuff before their concept change too. i expected their rapper to have the usual cube female rapper voice but i was surprised she didn't, and kinda happy too since idk cube rapper voices are a little grating for me (and they sound samey most of the time). i'm definitely excited to see what they do next, hopefully they have a comeback in the following months (bit too early to hope for but whatever lol)

#233 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:23 AM

This is fun (and kind of metal):

#234 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1226 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 08:09 PM

Dreamcatcher shared their new Mistery Code. From what fans understood: Comeback on July 30th, and the title track is Be Cause

I'm so excited! They never have bad/meh comeback. The theme may be carnival, but I love this carousel so much.

I don't know how to resize pic, sorry

Spoiler

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

#235 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:57 PM

I am so excited for Dreamcatcher's comeback, they are the group that got me back into K-pop! Siyeon is my bias <3
I'm very intrigued with their new comeback, it looks different from their darker images from the Dystopia trilogy but I am very curious
I'm sure it will be a hit that I'll fall in love with

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#236 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1226 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:18 PM

^Siyeon is also my bias. 

Well, I also thought the comeback would be different from their usual dark image because of the first individual teaser photos, but the individual teasers they shared today have a dark atmosphere so...Wait & See. 

I'm so excited and curious about it.

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

#237 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:36 PM

Dreamcatcher: BEcause (it's still DC's usual dark concept lol)

Weeekly: Holiday Party (Jiyoon will not participate in promotions due to anxiety disorder)

Girls Planet 999: O.O.O (The 99 member performance ver)

#238 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 02:59 PM

I had a listen to Dreamcatcher's new BEcause mini album and I love BEcause as a song and the music video is also amazing too, I love the eerie themepark scenery!
However, the rest of the mini album is kind of boring :/ There are no stand out tracks apart from the lead song, so sadly this is the first Dreamcatcher release I have skipped buying physically since Deja Vu.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#239 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 04:02 PM

Former Iz*One leader Kwon Eun-bi makes her solo debut:

#240 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai