• Please log in to reply
2617 replies to this topic

#2501 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 09:19 PM

To me, Chii was so much more impressive in MM. It's a real shame her voice was damaged, but she was lucky enough to still get important group lines, screentime, photoshoot and promotion. It's sad to see MM losing another top member so soon... They need to start pushing the new fan favorites as soon as possible cause Mizuki and Ayumi aren't gonna stay forever...

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#2502 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 09:44 PM

Time to start grooming Rio for the ace position.

#2503 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 12:05 AM

Staff: What country do you wanna go to learn english, Chii?

Chii: Italy! I love Italy!

Staff: Italy? But Chii, Italy is not a...

Chii: I love spaghetti! I wanna go Italy, eat a lot and learn a lot of english!

Staff: Ok.

#2504 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:59 AM

Staff: What country do you wanna go to learn english, Chii?

Chii: Italy! I love Italy!

Staff: Italy? But Chii, Italy is not a...

Chii: I love spaghetti! I wanna go Italy, eat a lot and learn a lot of english!

Staff: Ok.

I love her

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#2505 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:45 AM

She never seemed as happy in MM. If we even think back to when she was announced to join after CG activities ceased, you can tell it was awkward for everyone, even if the girls just said they were worried Mizuki was announcing her graduation. It's always felt like management didn't know where to put her.
I hate saying it, but it's started to feel like MM is where they (now) put girls if they don't think they'll shine alone in the long run.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#2506 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 08:08 AM

Oh another one so soon but not really. I mean she didn't seem happy in MM for a while ever since CG disband and the other girls left.

^For me I think MM is for the "popular girls" who are at least decent at singing and dancing

#2507 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 07:51 PM

^ Manaka is still there :')

Ooops. Totally blanked her out. LOL.

#2508 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 01:47 PM

She never seemed as happy in MM. If we even think back to when she was announced to join after CG activities ceased, you can tell it was awkward for everyone, even if the girls just said they were worried Mizuki was announcing her graduation. It's always felt like management didn't know where to put her.
I hate saying it, but it's started to feel like MM is where they (now) put girls if they don't think they'll shine alone in the long run.

I don't know whether Chii was ever unhappy in Morning Musume, but compared to CG I always forgot she was a member. Not to bash the girl as I really love her and think she is very talented but I don't think MM was the group for her to be able to shine.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#2509 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1855 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:44 PM

^ I agree! She wasN#t the quirky little happy girl like in CG :( 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#2510 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:49 PM

^ In my mind, Uta-chan made such a strong impression on me I never really gave Chii or Mai much consideration. I was impressed that they both came along as idols as far as they did, even though Funakki outshined them in talent. I was further impressed that Chii learned 70 songs of the Momusu repertoire in just a few weeks and jumped into the group ready to perform.

I thought being in Momusu was what she had aspired to but I think we have to take into consideration that if any member has any ambitions bigger than being a team player, Momusu can seem like a dead end. So I can see her being a little disillusioned. On the other hand, it seems like Maria, Akanechin, Yokoyan and even Kaedii seem content to be role players.

Another thought comes to mind.......certainly the H!P girls are aware that Kpop is going global (Twice is doing a US tour right now) and they would love to see Jpop be as successful.....and they know that English facility is a key component of that (both Twice & BTS have fluent English speakers). Hell, Blackpink has three members that speak native level and they handle themselves well on American TV. That may be why we're seeing more & more people (Nacky, MinaMina, Kassa, now Chii?) making language learning important enough to quit their activities and move overseas.

Pretty good points. Even if you're loud(er), like Ikuta and Yokoyan, you won't get somewhere in MM if you're not high in seniority. Riho and Sakura were the last ones to manage that, but probably only because their senpai were already on their way out and in Sakura's case there was simply no better singer than her. Chii is cute and a good dancer, but it will only get you so far in a group of cute girls and good dancers.

The English part is interesting, and I agree. They really need more English speakers if they want to be more international. But I doubt that Jpop will get to the point where Kpop is, or at least not anytime soon.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#2511 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 04:11 PM

H!P's problem with going global is that they really don't want to----it's too difficult to do with girls who are school age. Both Twice and Blackpink totally consists of women in their mid-twenties who can jaunt all around the world without the cares one would have over a bunch of teenagers.

I'm wondering why don't they set up some classes with Miki teaching English? Or is it that she's taught some of them just enough to make them want to be immersed in it to learn it better? Remember, it was after she joined when Riho up and quit and went to New York.

Elaborating on Chii's "disillusionment," I think everyone who joins Momusu dreams of being an ace/center but the group is really a meritocracy, if you're not the absolute BEST it's not gonna happen for you. Looking at the last few graduations (Maachan excepted), Duu, Harunan, Haachin, it could probably be said that they realized they weren't going to climb any higher in the hierarchy so if they wanted a career boost they would need to look elsewhere. And that's probably how it is for Chii.

#2512 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:13 PM

Unfortunately it seems like the best times to join the group is when either your seniors are graduating so you can fill their roles not long after you join, or you join at such a young age that by the time you hit your late teens/early twenties you're already one of the most senior member of the group. It's going to be a struggle all the 12th-14th members continue to face unless they somehow gain lots of popularity somewhat rapidly like Maachan did to be able to achieve those ace/center dreams. At this point I expect ponpon to remain in the group at least until they break sayu's tenure record, and feel ayumi and sakura will stay so long as ponpon do, so it will be hard for the others to climb higher unless they too chose to seek out over avenues by graduating.

I guess I didn't follow Chii enough, but I didn't think she would be so interested in learning english! I know she's very close with Chel, but I'm surprised this is the road she's taken. I do hope that ufp have something planned for her when she returns though.. would be a shame if she stayed dormant for a bit before leaving like riho did when she finished her studies.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2513 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 03:57 AM

Yesterday was Hina Matsuri so Chii posted a pic of her 2-year old self with her dolls.

Attached Files

#2514 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 08:57 AM

While I'm sad that she is leaving, especially since she is my favorite in the current line-up, I think she chose a good time to move on from the idol life and try something else. I kind of had a hunch that she would not stick around for much longer, but I am a bit surprised that learning English and going overseas is the main reason for her graduation.

Regardless, Chii had a fruitful career in H!P, both in CG and MM. Being the last standing member of the final CG lineup and keeping up with the challenging concurrency back then is really admirable! I hope she will have a wonderful send-off and enjoy her time overseas.

I8dtEOy.gif

#2515 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 07:15 AM

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#2516 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 03:18 PM

:ph34r:

#2517 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 12:13 PM

:ph34r:

LOL! Just when I blanked her out, Manaka also announced her graduation and she will graduate before Chisaki.

So my original statement that Chisaki is the last Country Girl member standing holds true.

#2518 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 10:04 PM

^
Actually, after Chiichan and Manakan graduate, the only other former Country Girls member who will still be performing as an idol is.........Utachan!

#2519 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 04:53 PM

^
Actually, after Chiichan and Manakan graduate, the only other former Country Girls member who will still be performing as an idol is.........Utachan!

Of course I was talking about Country Girls members currently in H!P.

#2520 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 09:00 PM

^

Hilarious really, first country girl to graduate, yet somehow the last country girl still active as an idol  ^^;

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users