Photo

[4/16] Morning Musume '14 56th single - Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe / Password is 0

Morning Musume Morning Musume 14 Hello! Project 2014

• Please log in to reply
2195 replies to this topic

#301 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

My first impressions: Utterly blown away. The instrumentation is flawless, and so well done. Combining EDM and violin/piano in such a manner was expertly done. It reminds me of Utada's Stay Gold, mixed with BoA's Disturbance, but with a pronounced beat. Exquisite. 

Singing wise, this is Momusu's best song in ages. The vocals are wonderful, and I don't just mean the harmonies. Having a choral harmony sort of feel really makes it feel a lot more even, since no one dominates at all. Even though it's not obvious, I can really hear Haruka's, Zukki's, and Oda's vocal textures working wonders. And I heard Haruna too! Mostly because her English really sticks out haha

The beat is my favorite part, for sure. You KNOW it has to be good if you sit back and think about the fact that you're listening to a ballad that's CATCHY AS HELL. 

My faith in this single has been renewed, with such a fresh sound for the main a-side. I'm picturing a minimalist sort of PV like Berryz' Motto Zutto.

I like that this song still has a great dance routine, too. 

This is my favorite Momusu song since The Matenrou Show!

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#302 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

Thanks to JPLOP

Beautiful song.

Wow!! I haven't heard this type of song for a long. Listening to it is making my heart ache. There say music is an universal language. BTW, I didn't know that Tsunku is sick.

#303 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

This is absolutely beautiful. Already one of my favourite MM songs of all time, probably.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#304 NightOfFire’21

NightOfFire’21

Peacemaker

• Senpai
  • 4066 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

It is indeed a wonderful song, I can't find the words to describe it

And wonder where the "harmony doubters" are now? It's like the earth sucked them in.

Also, it's amazing their singing was so great, considering it was live, and that it was their first performance of the song. These girls never fail to amaze me!

#305 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

About Snipey's translation:
I just watched a couple of documentaries about the 2004 and 2011 eartquakes and tsunamis ONE DAY prior to the performance of that song and I felt really sad and then this song comes along and japanese people feel reminded of the earthquake by it (and so did I as I read the translation)... what are the odds :'(

But anyway, Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe is easily the saddest song in MM's history (graduation songs aside). Tsunku is a true artist <3

#306 ai'deal aqira

ai'deal aqira

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1093 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

So far I'm love & satisfied with both song..pasword is zero & toki wo koe..

like berryz new single also satisfied me both,

but c-ute & juice.. only one song I satisfied  from their new single..It's not like the other song I dont like.

now i'm waitng for smilage new single..

OK back to MM..I can't decide which song I like more..I think can choose if i can know the meaning of both song..

so, I hope someone can give me lyrics translation for both song... then I can decide.

But so far I satisfied with tsunku's work for 2014..He is so great even though he's sick....glad I am HP fan, not other idol group

Apologize!..My english is not good.

#307 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

That piano though, is like the nutella on a crepe.

Wonderful metaphor XD

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#308 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

I can't wait for Tsunku's comments about the both songs.

#309 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Lets hope for the 5th #1 place in Oricon ! Like both songs very much, waiting for single-box.

Too bad the only sell single box on Sony event, not in hmv, cdjapan, etc.

Posted Image

#310 Cosmee-chan♡

Cosmee-chan♡

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I love this song. It's so perfect.

The beginning gives me goosebumps...No, all the song gives me goosebumps!
And the lyrics are so beautiful and sad, they remind me a little of "ReGenerasion" by SCK Girls.

Iikubo Haruna

Nakanishi Kana  Sasaki Rikako Miyazaki Yuka Takagi Sayuki

#311 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm with everyone here...love the song :D It's got amazing instrumentals. I really want to see the live performance for this!

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#312 Ikasam Yo!

Ikasam Yo!

Fellow polymath of Maachan

• Senpai
  • 1911 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

The new song is wonderful! For the first time, I don't have complains with Riho's part here. She did great as the main base while the rest are harmonizing. And yeah, the instrumentals are kinda refreshing. I somehow related the lyrics to Tsunku, yet avoided it eventually. :mellow:

But I feel like an outcast here 'coz I like 'Password is 0' more. That Tsunku growl/grunt is awesome! And the melody and tune are not formulaic. \m/

But it may change when I hear the record version of Tore wo Kore. :good:

30c60k0.jpg                                                          

"Are you alright Planet Earth?"  -Masaki Sato

Maa's Vocabulary: Pokupoku - nervous I Konnichikuwa - hello+fish I Tanasatan - Tanaka-san I Minishige - Michishige I Bye-bi - goodbye  

Ten ants say thanks - thank u I  Masakisama - a palindrome I Iretai Jippopai - Iroppoi Jiretai I Yahho-tai! - a group that does "Yahho!" 

Spells: Henyo henyo Biri Biri - (undefined yet) I  Cryptograms: 1・2 Fu- (unsolved yet) Quotes: "Happiness is conveyed like tempura soba.";"Losing something is the same as looking for a little person."

#313 sukissuki

sukissuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Ah man, I just listened to this again while reading the translation of the lyrics and I admit it, I cried like a baby*. I think these are some of the most beautiful and honest lyrics Tsunku has ever written.

*note: I have been ill with the flu for a few days and I'm feeling a bit emotional by now  :lol:

332v50l.jpg

Kumai Yurina ★ Berryz工房 forever  Natsuyaki Miyabi

#314 lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Wooooowww I love the new song. It reminds me of Diamonds by rihanna XD

10rquf9.jpg

#315 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

I like the instrumental, it's sung really well, yes the lyrics are beautiful but the melody just doesn't really do for me just seems to sit in the same place for me and is overly repetitive. Maybe I've just become so used to Tsunku's melodies going into so many different places during the same song it just doesn't work for me anymore when he reigns it in.  :lol: It's fine though I don't really like these style of songs anyway so it's just not for me (though something like Be Alive is similar but I really love). Yet again that's exactly why having double A sides is so good, people who've been longing for a return to PE style songs get Toki wo koe but so far I by far prefer Password is 0. 

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#316 ai'deal aqira

ai'deal aqira

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1093 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

can anyone give me lyric translation for both song?

Apologize!..My english is not good.

#317 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

aidiel, check out the previous page. Snipey posted Toki wo Koe Sora wo koe's lyrics with translations. (They are in the spoilers under the japanese lyrics)

#318 Bankotsu1808

Bankotsu1808

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I LOVE THIS SINGLE SO MUCH!!!! 

BUT can we talk about how evil riho looks in the thumbnail of the youtube link... it's creepy haha 

Posted Image

Sig Made by Chimai

#319 lovz23

lovz23

~momusu girl wota~

• Senpai
  • 1754 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Unofficial lyrics with OP's opinion on who's singing, I added in romaji and a rough translation.

「時空を超え 宇宙を超え」

わたしはまだね未完成(小田鞘師) 遠い過去から君を待つ(鞘師佐藤

この世で出会えると信じ(佐藤小田) 君を待つ(ユニゾン)

恋に敗れて山河あり早くここにくればいい(ユニゾン)

逃げ出すなんて誰でもできる(ユニゾン)

さみしくて ねむれないそんな日だってあるでしょう(ユニゾン)
くやしくて 泣いたって いいから(ユニゾン)
時空を超え(ユニゾン) 宇宙を超え(ユニゾン) 結ばれる頃には(ユニゾン)
この星は(ユニゾン) キレイになるから(ユニゾン)

君はどんな顔で歌う(鞘師佐藤) 君はどんな声で(譜久村道重)笑う(道重)
また次の世でも逢えるかな(佐藤鞘師) 切ないよ(ユニゾン)

遠い未来はわかるのに 明日のことが決められない(ユニゾン)
優柔不断とは違う オーマイハート(ユニゾン)

いとしくて いとしくて 遠き空感じてる(ユニゾン)
目を閉じて 君のこと 感じる(ユニゾン)
時空を超え 宇宙を超え 結ばれるこの意味は(ユニゾン)
この星は キレイになるから(ユニゾン)

風はひとりごと(佐藤譜久村) He loves you(ユニゾン)
夢はその続き(鞘師譜久村) He Misses Its.(ユニゾン)

wow hooo~(鞘師小田
※repeat chorus

Romaji

Spoiler

※repeat chorus

Translation not 100% accurate but you get the jist

(Please do credit if you do use this)

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, this song is breaking my heart ^^; what made it worst was someone on 2ch commented saying "Good bye Tsunku" >.<

The song may have something to do with the March 11th disaster, it's like it's about someone who has passed away and the memories linger on through time and space or the wind.

I already love the song and have replayed the concert RIP a thousand times><  But when i know what the song really means...wow...the lyrics. It's so touching. Tsunku did a good job and the girls sang it well <3

Posted Image

#320 DaisyPhantom

DaisyPhantom

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

So far I'm love & satisfied with both song..pasword is zero & toki wo koe..
like berryz new single also satisfied me both,
but c-ute & juice.. only one song I satisfied  from their new single..It's not like the other song I dont like.

this is exactly how i feel completely
さあ、いこうか。

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users