Photo

[4/16] Morning Musume '14 56th single - Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe / Password is 0

Morning Musume Morning Musume 14 Hello! Project 2014

• Please log in to reply
2195 replies to this topic

#261 t0mmy

t0mmy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

First thing that came to mind when I heard this song is takahashi.

Hasta los gatos quieren zapatos....

#262 l33t4rtist

l33t4rtist

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

I think it sounds gorgeous and the harmonies as well but yeah it does seem more of an album song to me but I don't know I'm used to there being solos in the main A-sides.

#263 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

It reminded me of her Mushoku Toumei... performance

#264 TheFlush'18

TheFlush'18

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1064 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

^ It also reminded me of that song when I heard this first, It also reminds me of the later work of Utada Hikaru.

#265 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Wow, gorgeous, gorgeous! I seriously love the arrangement of this song and the mix between EDM and classical. In my opinion this is one of the best songs Morning Musume '14 has done. 

25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#266 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

This is so beautiful and Morning Musume was well overdue for a song like this. ♥Love it♥ It kind of reminds me of Flower.

I'm soooo happy this exists. I don't want to wait for the MV!!!! 

#267 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

The song really reminds me of a KAT-TUN song I heard a whole ago, it sounds so much more mainstream as in something an artist would sing rather than the usual EDM stuff we've been getting.

I'm proud of how amazing the girls sound and how the held those high notes even if it is concert rip and those adlibs where beautiful. Ahh I'm excited for this single. :wub:

I also thought of KAT-TUN and  Arashi, but mainly because there are some really good slow songs with violins. <3

As many said, I'm also happy they get this type of song. It does feel like an album song but this time I couldn't care less, it sounds pretty and it's something pretty different from what we've been having, and they are live harmonies huh? I really like the background music during the chorus.  

Violins. <3 

I really like that last chorus with the ~oooohs~ that I suppose Sakura sings? Maybe it needed a small power line where the Riho/Sakura oooohs take place, but since the song gives a "this is my slow pace, I won't hurry" maybe it would have been out of place.

The outfits are hmm...I am too biased with blue and it's been a while, so I'll wait for a better picture. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#268 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

^ Here's the KAT-TUN song I was talking about, SWEET CHAIN (ignore the Naruto stuff, it's hard to find an actual video of theirs on youtube)

#269 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

It reminded me of her Mushoku Toumei... performance

Same here, I also thought of Mushoku Toumei na Mama de when I first heard the song.

Now that we've got a song like this, I can't help but wish for a song like AKB's Sakura no Shiori from this line-up  x_x

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#270 Clown

Clown

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

i'm in love with Toki wo koe...

i don't really like slow songs for A-sides, but this one is so good <3 

i think im gonna love this single  :good:

Rika * Sayu * Zukki * Homare

#271 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Is it wrong of me to say the costumes remind me of AS FOR ONE DAY? A blue version though.

I wouldn't mind a MV like AFOD either, honestly. I'm in love with Toki wo. It's gorgeous!

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#272 Estrea

Estrea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

The song really reminds me of a KAT-TUN song I heard a whole ago, it sounds so much more mainstream as in something an artist would sing rather than the usual EDM stuff we've been getting.

I'm proud of how amazing the girls sound and how the held those high notes even if it is concert rip and those adlibs where beautiful. Ahh I'm excited for this single. :wub:

I also thought of KAT-TUN and  Arashi, but mainly because there are some really good slow songs with violins. <3

As many said, I'm also happy they get this type of song. It does feel like an album song but this time I couldn't care less, it sounds pretty and it's something pretty different from what we've been having, and they are live harmonies huh? I really like the background music during the chorus.  

Violins. <3

I really like that last chorus with the ~oooohs~ that I suppose Sakura sings? Maybe it needed a small power line where the Riho/Sakura oooohs take place, but since the song gives a "this is my slow pace, I won't hurry" maybe it would have been out of place.

The outfits are hmm...I am too biased with blue and it's been a while, so I'll wait for a better picture. 

I believe the "oooh"s were shared by Sakura and Riho. But we can't be sure without actually seeing for ourselves after all. Remember that one line where we thought was Sakura in Wagamama Kinomama Ai no Joke but it turned out to be Fukuchan instead XD

idei4oBR.jpg

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

#273 hancunningham

hancunningham

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

soooooo i have been listening to Toki/Sora wo Koe for 6 hours... i'm addicted XD

#274 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Just now listening to Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe.

haven't even finished the song yet and OMG I AM IN LOVEEEE

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#275 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Not only am I happy for the song, but I'm also really happy that everyone seems to like it, too. Hopefully this will appeal to the masses and get them even more recognition. 

#276 inudogcao

inudogcao

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Haruna has a solo line in Toki wo Koe (at around 3' 28" of the concert rip).
And some people were saying she wouldn't get solo lines in singles... ;)

#277 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

@Snipey: Ah, yes, with all those harmonies and similar pacing! I can totally see what you mean. X3

@Estrea: I was 95% sure it was Fukuchan that time. X3 But yeah it could have gone either way, and this time too, though if anything it sounds more like Fukuchan or Sakura this time as well, aren't the oohs in that chorus very smooth? Though...they are oohs, maybe anybody could do them? Also, I mean the ones in 4:08. But you are right, it could even be multiple girls, though it sounds to me as one. It's hard to tell! Whoever it was, I like how she did. I guess I wanted her to go full Fantasy ga Hajimaru!Aichan mode.

^I can only tell apart Riho/Sakura's oohs at 3:43, but there are actually solo lines here? It's so hard to tell.

I support the MV having a As for One Day look, or Nanchatte Renai. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#278 AitorKamei

AitorKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5940 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

The only solo line I can recognize is Sayu's robotic line xDDD

32ziadw.jpg

MM: Sato Masaki, Ogata Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura ; ºC: Okai Chisato;

A: Sasaki Rikako,Wada Ayaka, Katsuta Rina ; J=J: Uemura Akari & Kanazawa Tomoko. CGs: Shimamura Uta; KF: Hirose Ayaka, Taguchi Natsumi; TF: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno

#279 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

I like that they try something different from time to time. This is closer to Emo Musume-ish song and there is nothing wrong with going back like that once in a while.

#280 sukissuki

sukissuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

It's intense and I love it  :sob:

I can't wait for the PV  <3

332v50l.jpg

Kumai Yurina ★ Berryz工房 forever  Natsuyaki Miyabi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users