• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

You've all seen this show right?  Based on a series of novels.  This show is very ".hack" but different.  And excellent, excellent series if ever there was one.  The first series is the first two novels.  Great character development and everything, but I'd kind of like to know what was going on in the 'real world' the whole time.  Maybe that'll get re-visited as a side story later on?  And how did they move them to the hospitals without killing them if it was a hard wired connection?

Anyway, please discuss your thoughts and feelings on this most excellent series.

Thank you.

#2 MeganeKirin

MeganeKirin

EroKaichou

• Senpai
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think SAO is one of the best new anime of 2012. Hands down

and Kirito is <3

♥ ❤ ❥H!P: FUKUHIME, DuuMaachanAyuminOgata, Haga, Rikako, MeimiMurotanWadaTomokoYuka, Aarii, ManakanYamakkiChisaki, HamachanKiki, Kisora, Yumeno♥ ❤ ❥

SEIYUU SUPPORTER!!!!

★☆YuiKaori★☆

#3 Rice-chan

Rice-chan

Life is like Fishfingers and Custard: Oddly Satisfying

• Senpai
  • 1720 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I loved .Hack so I was really lookin forward to this anime.
And I honestly think that this was better than .Hack <3
I think this serie had alot that .Hack missed

sd1ppf.png

+ My Tumblr! + My Graphics Thread +

#4 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

It was okay. Being an MMO fan i quite like anime and manga about the subject. The initial start had some good ideas i felt the whole if you die you die in real life was kinda cool but sadly they didn't follow up on that threat well. That was shoved aside for a generic boy meets girl anime with fan service and that's a shame. The PK Laughing Coffin guild were an interesting threat with the rules of the game but they were in the series for a total of about 7 minutes.

But overall season one i think is worth a watch. The music is great and the fight scenes are well done. Some of the MMO humor is great too. But i'll always see it as wasted potential overall with a poorly handled story and lack of character development that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Season two i'd say give it a miss unless you REALLY enjoyed the romance side of the first season. I found it to be poorly written garbage. They removed anything that was good in season one and added more of the cliches that made it annoying.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#5 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I have yet to watch it, I was introduced to the anime by my internship boss but from the synopsis, it sounds really good and I'm going to check it out soon :)

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#6 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I honestly think the anime is NOT so good.

But the light novels are magnificent.

The anime have its downsides as they cannot portray how overkill Kirito is though weirdly enough the novel can express it very well. I understand that the anime has its constraints. They really did remove a lot of important parts in the whole series currently. Nonetheless its a good anime.

On the other hand there are SAO-fags in my country too.. They just started watching this show and praise it to the highest heavens but they themselves have never really watched other anime before.

Looking forward to GGO and Underworld if they are gonna ever air those arcs. :)

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

#7 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

This is one reason why I avoid reading manga or light novels. People tend to compare when an anime have its roots in manga or light novels.

I have not read any SAO material so watching the anime was very enjoyable. For an anime, it had very good character development. I was able to see the growth in the characters.

Artwork was top-notch all the way to the end.

I like how the anime explores the psychology aspects of online gamers. What will a gamer do if he/she is stuck in the game world? With only one way out, that is to clear the game, will they work together. Logic will tell us to work together, that is the best course of action. But human nature sometimes just over-rides logic and that was vividly depicted in the anime. The hero, Kirito and heroine, Asuna, doesn't annoy me this time. Both have strong character and neither were reduced to helpless characters that depend on the other to survive, like in so many other animes I have seen. This time, Kirito and Asuna can stand on their own two feet and stand their ground by themselves if the need arise. This is one of the things that made me like this anime so much.

I also like how they explore about "love" in a virtual world. Like Asuna said, eventho this is world is virtual her feelings are real.

I don't know if this exists in the books, in the anime it has some, not so obvious, references to the game, Tower of Druaga. One of the most successful dungeon-crawl RPG. Tower of Druaga had its own anime, so when I first saw SAO it totally reminded me of TOD. Especially when they are talking about killing the boss level and clearing levels. With one difference, TOD had magic users and archers.

Anyone here who have seen SAO, have also watched Accel World?

I don't know if anyone have notice but this two are somehow related. SAO is the first to employ full-dive virtual reality. What enabled it was the Nerve Gear. Approx. 20 years later, Accel World came to being and utilising a Neural Link instead. In the anime, Accel World, it was hinted that the Nerve Gear was the predeccesor of the Neural Link. This implies that the two stories are "on the same page". Will the story, especially for Accel World, reveal how it is related to SAO? This is one of the things I'm curious about. Obviously, I'm also wondering if Kirito and Asuna is still alive in the Accel World timeline.

I did some searching... I assume this is part of the summary for the novel ( this is from SAO wiki ).

Kirito is later recruited to assist in the development of a state-of-the-art game, UnderWorld (UW), which has an interface that is far more realistic and complex than the previous games he had played. In UW, the flow of time proceeds thousands of times faster than in the real world. However, he ends up falling into a trap set by one of the murderers from GGO and wakes up inside the game, unable to log out, with his real self left in a comatose state. As he starts to question if he is the real Kirito or an artificial intelligence modeled after him, Asuna, Suguha and Sinon also log themselves into UW in an attempt to help him.

"flow of time proceeds thousands of times faster than in the real world" - Accelarated World :)

Hahaha... Burst Link!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#8 Hexoone

Hexoone

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

No no no don't post such things! It will spoil the story for those who have not read! :noo:

However it is a fact that Kirito is related to Accel world. Also not in a very good way either haha. Find out about it yourselves. Shan't spoil

#9 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Oops! ... Don't read the Accel World thread I just open if you guys don't want spoilers and crazy theories  ^^;

I haven't read anything either LOL I just watch the anime and connect the dots XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#10 Hexoone

Hexoone

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have to say yes it is ALL connected. :D That will be no spoiler or lie. But how its connected you'll have to discover it yourself. :3

I don't know but I prefer SAO than Accel world for some reason. 

I once had crazy ideas too until my friend to me a few hints. Then I went to read the novel :)

#11 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

^can I read the novel online somewhere? I went to Kinokunya this evening and they were no SAO manga or novel.

If I can have my wish granted, I would want them to elaborate/expand more on the events/happenings in the 1st season of SAO. Even in its current state, the 1st season is my favourite. My wish would be to have more character interactions other than with Kirito and Asuna. When they introduced those other characters like the beast tamer and the weapon smith ( sorry I can't recall their names ) I tot they would appear again in a later episode. It seems kinda a waste just to introduce those wonderful character for 1 episode only. I also would like to see more Asuna action. Like how she build up her reputation as the "Flash Sword" Asuna.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#12 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

If anyone is interested in the upcoming SAO game.

http://swordart-onli....channel.or.jp/

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#13 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Alright, I was just randomly googling about a new season to Accel World and I read about this corss-over event thing.

http://www.swordart-online.net/aw-sao/

Anyone know anymore detail about what transpired after the event?

Last year there was a rumour about a 2nd season for both SAO and Accel World which was to be announced at this event. So was there any such announcement?

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#14 Hexoone

Hexoone

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

The is this chapter where Kirito meets Silver crow I think.. Didn't really read that. But it was kinda forced so I don't think I'll like it. 

#15 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

So I guess there was no announcement of a 2nd season for both titles.

Some news about the game ( ENG ) : http://otakumode.com...tm_content=0202

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#16 colorkitsune

colorkitsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

It was okay. Being an MMO fan i quite like anime and manga about the subject. The initial start had some good ideas i felt the whole if you die you die in real life was kinda cool but sadly they didn't follow up on that threat well. That was shoved aside for a generic boy meets girl anime with fan service and that's a shame. The PK Laughing Coffin guild were an interesting threat with the rules of the game but they were in the series for a total of about 7 minutes.

But overall season one i think is worth a watch. The music is great and the fight scenes are well done. Some of the MMO humor is great too. But i'll always see it as wasted potential overall with a poorly handled story and lack of character development that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Season two i'd say give it a miss unless you REALLY enjoyed the romance side of the first season. I found it to be poorly written garbage. They removed anything that was good in season one and added more of the cliches that made it annoying.

^agreed

Season one was great for humour, combat scenes and good old classic shounen plot. But season 2 with the whole little sister crush thing just weirded me out (and i've seen Oreimo) too much. (plus what 14 year old has boobs that big?)

#17 Hexoone

Hexoone

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

^ 14 year old with boobs that big? Anime. 

Plus it was only the boobs of lyfa which was huge. His sister had average sized ones lol. 

Well I find everything interesting. The anime just lacked the way to portray how Kirito was. How charismatic he was. The problem about the 'little sister crush' thing is complex and emotional. Cliche as it sounds but with the idea of her trying to run away from that feeling and to fall in love with the in-game Kirito, then realising its her own brother is the main storyline which makes it interesting. 

Plus they left out the whole chunk of story of Jötunheimr.. 

Actually looking forward to Gungale. See how they portray his emotions in that one. 

#18 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Would you like to play VRMMORPG if it will happen in real life, i think i would never play that kind of online games and risk my life for such a girl, would you try it?

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#19 Hexoone

Hexoone

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would play a game anytime in my life. Thats how sad and monotonous my life is right now lol. 

If I can be significant enough to another person, that I would risk my life for them. 

Cant wait to read the new chapters. 

#20 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I can't play that game 'cause i don't have money to buy those online games, maybe if given it for free ahd also i don't read manga because i feel sleepy whenever i read something even though it's just magazine, comics and news paper,  i just watch anime,

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users