• Please log in to reply
2016 replies to this topic

#1981 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 09:45 AM

Of course a lot of fans are frustrated about having to see their favorite idols graduate because of sickness. However, stop acting like the statement given by UFP is a lie, or making conspiracy theories regarding graduations due to health issues. I don't need to jump into the analysis because Verilian, midnightbottle, Itsumodeaibon and Fall had given detailed information.

#1982 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 09:58 AM

Personally, I feel her graduation decision is valid (for the lack of a better word). I am sure she has considered all aspects and her current health condition before coming to a decision to graduate.

Her health condition is definitely the main factor, but I am sure there are other factors (ie. age, personal development, J=J's growth etc).

Coupled with the fact that there is no sub-leader to take over her duties while she is away, I am pretty sure she is worried for J=J going on without a leader if she opts to go for an unknown extended hiatus.

So probably it makes sense to her to graduate so the newly appointed leader (and potentially, a sub-leader) can take on the duties without any disruption.

To top it off, she gets to graduate at the biggest venue J=J will ever performed as of now, so it's probably a nice touch to end her J=J career.

#1983 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:35 AM

Touki-

I’m not calling anything a lie. I’m saying it doesn’t make sense to me that she follows up on her recent work while saying she had to leave J=J for her health.

I am uncomfortable with the commentary of people here, not her comments or comments by management. If she’s ill she takes the time she needs, and I am uncomfortable/unhappy with people already leaping onto her putative future work.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1984 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:57 PM

The amount of work needed to be a contributing member of J=J is vastly different to being an M-Line solo artist. Those girls are allowed to go at their own pace and tend to focus on genres that aren't so physically demanding.

#1985 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 02:30 PM

^^ The only "leaping onto her putative future work" I've seen in this thread are others speculating possible M-Line work she could return to once her health is improved, however long that takes. No one wants to see her disappear, so naturally people will discuss her options. No one wants to see her go on these terms, but I would much rather her take actions for her own long-term physical and mental health than to continue a recover-relapse cycle with hiatuses from group. Who knows how often that would happen, but I trust her own judgement on what she needs to happen going forward. I'm sure the mental strain as leader - feeling all that responsibility toward the group and being the cause of delaying events or causing other members to constantly cover for you - is tremendous. I am fully accepting of her decision to graduate because logic tells me this is the best for her as a person.

You know the difference between segueing into a solo career and restarting her career after graduation?

If she needs a significant amount of time off, it doesn't matter what she has done this year, or last year if she takes a year off.  Short of Michishige-class fandom, it's starting from essentially nothing.  A few directors remember that she did this or that. She has an agency.  She has 1 released song, and a few more to her name.  That's not ready for anything except the dinner show circuit.

If she only needs a couple months and can actually make hay out of her J=J history, it doesn't seem like the real cause of her graduation.

Certainly sounds like you don't believe what she and UFP are saying if her recovery may be relatively quick or she appeared to be functioning just fine before. My $0.02: It feels like you're the only one in here who doesn't even want to think about what happens post-grad because you have no faith in the company or fans to support - let alone remember - her. I get it - no graduated member really becomes the next household name, which makes it feel like remaining in H!P is the best place for someone to shine. Even super rounded veteran idols like Airi don't get the media attention they deserve. But lately, former members have been doing really well with various avenues of self-promotion. Kanazawa is talented and charismatic enough to do very well with this.

#1986 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 02:54 PM

Certainly sounds like you don't believe what she and UFP are saying if her recovery may be relatively quick [...]

IF IF IF IF she can be back in action in a couple months, she didn't need to graduate over this and I'll feel lied to.

And yes, I don't want to think about her putative post-recovery career. And I am, at this point, going to accept that it's a minority opinion and let you all just claim more of her life before she's even graduated.

Assuming I'm not directly addressed, I'll butt out.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1987 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:29 PM

OK, you may be frustrated with the decision of her to graduate, or whatever ugly things about "health" issues and having to graduate mentioned in above comments. What members mentioned here might sound uncomfortable, but they have the points. First, even if she recovers quickly, having to do physical activities required as a J=J member may make her problem come back, or even worse. The "health" issue is something only medical doctor and KNTM know whether to continue the activity or not. Second, it's really weird if all J=J members except her dance while performing, isn't it? You're OK with it, other J=J members are OK with it, but is she OK with it? I can't read her mind, but I don't think so.

It really stings when you have to see your oshi member leave due to health conditions. However, are you OK when she has to feel guilty because her conditions refrain her from dancing in J=J, or when she looks unhealthy while having to perform beyond what her health conditions allow? Remember, while it's really entertaining to watch idols perform, there are ugly truths around the industry which people really hate. "Health" is among the factor forcing them to graduate. Otherwise, it will potentially be bad for their lives if they keep on performing.

Off topic a bit, after watching KNTM and Maa-chan's incident, Kiki of TF may be next in line, if her health doesn't allow her to continue.

#1988 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:46 AM

On a lighter note, this HP superfan is a master in editing HP iconic phrases, from different concerts, in a video montage setting. You should follow him/her.

That being said, the latest video is, appropriately, a homage to Kanatomo. I'll let you guess what iconic phrase is featured in the video. Hint: she doesn't sing the featured phrase but oftentimes, as she does, she mouths the words (especially lately, due to Covid restrictions).

#1989 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 06:01 PM

So, the original line-up is almost over. The Tyrant gave me a lot of fun through all the years, sucks that it's because of health condition.

caCYGi9.jpg

#1990 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 07:33 AM

Well... I didn't know I'd be climbing down off of that hill, much less so soon.

Listened to ViviNi... and instead of the normal "having fun with Beyooooonds members" contents, she just talked about her graduation and her health.

And her comments about graduation were not "Well, it's my health, and it can't be helped, so I have to go, so sorry, full of regrets." 

Nobody Cares Greyface...

Spoiler

#1991 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:19 AM

A Tomoko graduation fan project is being organized, for anyone that wants to participate.

https://twitter.com/...979775799664648

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#1992 resonant project

resonant project

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

Today is Tomoko's graduation and makes me sad to see her go , I wish her that she feels better
in her health and I would follow her for her future career.☺
L-O-V-E LOVELY! HELLO ! PROJECT ;)Posted Image
()-()
(^^) ()-()
(° °) =(^^)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII∩^ω^∩IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#1993 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 04:54 PM

I'll always consider the story of her path to becoming a top idol to be one of the most unique.......entering a karaoke contest that °C-ute sponsored (remember those Joysound promotions?), getting a chance to perform with Berikyuu then being urged by Airi (I think) to audition for Hello! Pro. Followed by becoming a KSS at a ripe old age of 17 then being picked for a group after one of the shortest training periods in Eggs/KSS history. She herself considers herself more of a recipient of good fortune than a product of hard work and dedication.

In ways she reminds me of Maimi Yajima, not only just talented and beautiful but also just an admirable woman worthy of praise just for her persona.

#1994 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:37 PM

Juice=Juice Concert 2021 ~FAMILIA~ Kanazawa Tomoko Final
Part 1: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x85wksd
Part 2: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x85wksf
Part 3: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x85wkse

#1995 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 07:36 AM

entering a karaoke contest that °C-ute sponsored (remember those Joysound promotions?), getting a chance to perform with Berikyuu then being urged by Airi (I think) to audition for Hello! Pro.

Management asked if she wanted to audition for UFA (not H!P). It was the same kind of off-brand audition that brought us Miyazaki Yuka, Tasaki Asahi, etc. (Maybe it was "The Forest Audition" or a name similar to that) (The audition results were an invitation to KSS, rather than directly getting employed) Suzuki Airi plays into the story by being Kanazawa's idol, and inspiring her to enter the karaoke contest, nothing direct. (Unless I've forgotten a story?)

But it totally is an amazing "out of nowhere" story even in an industry that thrives on pulling girls out of nowhere.

#1996 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 01:35 PM

Surprise COVERS~One on One~ video with Kanazawa Tomoko and Sato Masaki covering S/mileage's Samui ne:

I8dtEOy.gif

#1997 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 04:22 PM

Interestingly Tomoko and Masaki have re-appeared rather quickly post-graduation. I think we can safely say both of them are going to be added to M-line Music Club. Hopefully, we will see both of them in the M-line concerts next year.

#1998 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 07:29 PM

Interestingly Tomoko and Masaki have re-appeared rather quickly post-graduation. I think we can safely say both of them are going to be added to M-line Music Club. Hopefully, we will see both of them in the M-line concerts next year.

Honestly the lineup of the M-Line Music Club is shaping up to be really strong. I also hope they continue with the tour and other promos next year.

I8dtEOy.gif

#1999 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 06:06 AM

Honestly the lineup of the M-Line Music Club is shaping up to be really strong. I also hope they continue with the tour and other promos next year.

I mean considering they have the ex-front girls of various groups headlining the tour for 2021, I am not surprised if the reception is really good and they will continue the same format next year.

Adding Tomoko and Masaki to the line-up would definitely attract more people to the concerts. The only thing is considering both of them have medical conditions, perhaps they will only be involved in limited capacity (ie. appear only certain dates).

#2000 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 01:48 PM

Tomoko is retiring at the end of the month. That was fast :S

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users