• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#21 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

i like Tsukasa's character. so actually i like Yan Chen Xu in MG. but his acting is bad (first time tho so i'm not blaming him). but Jun really bring out Tsukasa's inner world. which makes me like Tsukasa more. and after Gokusen, and HYD, Jun has become 3rd Johnny boy in my list. (i said Arashi is gay 2 years ago.)

and for Rui, Taiwan Zai Zai is quiet. but that doens't make him "cool". he's kinda girlish. but Shun is perfect for that. (even without the long hair). HYD doesn't give us chances to see more Rui. but 2 scene of Rui being sad on Shizuka are great. (altho the sad face at the emergency staircase is a total failure)

i never like Rui until this drama. Shun give him a new image, and also give me a chance to like him.

Tsukushi is a great actress. naf said. :cool

#22 Celes_

Celes_

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:29 AM

I loved the anime but I like the drama even more! Although, things are happening much faster in the drama. I guess it's gonna be just 11 episodes...

#23 Miki-chan

Miki-chan

Kappa Airi's Slave

• Validating
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:36 AM

nee~~ but the latest ep seems a little slower though

#24 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

Well, HYD definitely has MG beaten in the production value front. However MG had equal or better cast than the 3 main in HYD
Tsukasa - neither can act. Arguable which is better looking. HYD guy is slightly less wooden
Rui - neither can act either. But the MG guy is better at the introvert thing ... more "cool"
tsukushi - MG one is a slightly better actress and fits the character better. HYD one is uber-cute, but looks a little too soft

MG has Rainie Yang. who's my fave TW artist :P
But HYD has Nanako!!!!!!! So HYD wins XD

i'm in shock reading ur post! i'm totally differetn opinion than u...... well except Rainie and Nanako.

i personally think that in HYD cast beat MG in acting X 101289412 :)

When I said better cast, it's more of a reference to the casting than acting. MG's F4 just looks outstanding and each character is quite distinct. They are also tall! So if you put them in a crowd, you'll easily see who's F4, and MG's Domyouji was clearly the leader, visually. You can tell who's who in MG's F4, just by looking. Not the case in HYD

Based on the first 2 eps, I was not partial to the HYD F4 acting at all. But the more recent eps have made me more partial to the acting, so I definitely place HYD F4 on a higher level (so the ratio might well be 101289412, as they are comparing to people whose acting skills are negligible :P ), still not that great, as you can see that they are "acting". I still think that Tsukushi in both version are equally "competent" actors, but they portray the characters differently due to the script, but still feel that HYD's version is way too cute to be taken seriously. When you don't visually fit a role, you have to be a better actor than someone who does just to achieve the same impact.
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

#25 Ma Maladie

Ma Maladie

7th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:33 AM

I've seen 5 episodes of j-drama HYD, and I LOVE IT.

Yup. Granted, I'm not an expert on J-dramas (being the only other one i've seen was densha otoko) but this one captivates me. It makes me keep wanting to watch more, although I thought the whole main part of episode 5 was a little too 'dark' and deep for HYD, but oh well. Hopefully that won't be a recurring thing.

no siggy ok

#26 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:04 AM

can't believe next week will be the finale of the drama... 10 episodes are too... short. :lol:

#27 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

can't believe next week will be the finale of the drama... 10 episodes are too... short. :lol:

actually it will be the 9th and the last episode.. either way, i'm in shock to see it will end so soon.
oh well, it's gonna be 15 minutes longer than rest of the episodes, so there you go. :)
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#28 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:17 AM

Rumour has it (from d-addicts) that there will be a second season XD

#29 insyte

insyte

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

Rumour has it (from d-addicts) that there will be a second season :D

Well a 2nd season would be nice cause the story seems to be rushed. Comparing this with MG 1st season, HYD at least has the setting right. Though I really enjoyed both versions. But my vote would still go to HYD, just because of the way Inoue Mao played Tsukushi-chan, almost close to what I remember of the anime.

:D

#30 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

they must be a 2nd season. if not i may gone crazy for a finale like this.

is TOJ and the finale like this is part of Manga/anime? Meteor Garden dun hav such part of story right?

#31 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:05 AM

MG guys more handsome
HYD guys act better

HYD got more pretty actresses :huh

Well HYD setting is good...the rich man car and house really look very RICH :rolleyes

I like how they play planetarium in the middle of the show and i like the ringtone of
Tsukushi special phone - Its the same as Densha when Jinkama san call ::lol::

I also like the way Tsukushi go - Eeeee ? Hahh????? Plus Tsukasa "pride"

#32 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

I also like the way Tsukushi go - Eeeee ? Hahh?????

Me2, I think only Japanese girls can pull that off, I can't think of any other culture where girls can pull that off :lol:

#33 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:39 PM

Tsukushi's "Eeeee ?" & "Hahh ?", yep, she's flawlessly (and too frequently) pulled those expression... which found to be very amusing to me.

also just found out mao inoue played junior high kid from "kid's war". wonder what kind of character she played back then... has anyone seen kid's war ??
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#34 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

Nope~ i haven watched that ...
Well i found that pretty amusing too because Tsukasa keep doing strange things and
Tsukushi was always surprised and stunt hence the Eeeeee ? HAaaaaaaa? Shinjiranai....
Arienai ? Then she had a "stunt" face ::(:

#35 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:28 PM

Did i saw "Ako" for a split second in the final episode ? :huh :unsure

The english in the final episode is a bit erm..... :wink:

#36 choey

choey

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:17 PM

who is Ako?

#37 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

Narumi who acted in 1L of namida~ Only catch a split second but i see some resemblance.
I might be seeing the wrong person though haha

Oh well but Sakai Ayana is in the ending thats for sure. I thought she look familiar~ :c40:

#38 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:50 AM

wagh!! the names!!! i still haven't caught on yet!!!!!! :crying i just saw the first episode the other night and i wanna see the rest soooooo much!!!!!!! but i just keep calling the characters things like, the main character girl, shy rich girl who weasles away, the main @sshole, Mari's boyfriend, those other two guys..... something like that. i'll catch on after a while. :D but i like it.

sorry for breaking into the conversation, i just wanted to stick in my input :D
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#39 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:53 AM

wagh!! the names!!! i still haven't caught on yet!!!!!! :crying i just saw the first episode the other night and i wanna see the rest soooooo much!!!!!!! but i just keep calling the characters things like, the main character girl, shy rich girl who weasles away, the main @sshole, Mari's boyfriend, those other two guys..... something like that. i'll catch on after a while. :D but i like it.

sorry for breaking into the conversation, i just wanted to stick in my input :D

I also doesnt know their names from the first ep~ eh...which guy is which in the F4 ???? and
Things like that~ slowly you will pick up ^^

#40 duomaxwell_hiko

duomaxwell_hiko

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

I'm really enjoying this jdorama... I didnt watched the anime or the manga... but I'm liking HYD... I'll check the manga after... to see a diferences...

PS: heheheh my last name is Makino too... so hard to see my last names in series... thats so cool...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users