• Please log in to reply
1520 replies to this topic

#1501 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 12:59 AM

Promotion for Murotan's second single: "in-store event and collaboration cafe" featuring three drinks designed by Murotan.

https://ultra-shibuy...5-mizuki-murota

#1502 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:32 PM

new Gravure Digital PB "labyrinth" on amazon

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B0B51DXLHQ/

0006.jpg

unknown.png

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#1503 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 12:21 PM

So..........back in June Murotan announced she was going on indefinite hiatus.......she had been diagnosed with "panic disorder." And she hasn't been seen or heard from since. I hope she's OK, maybe hanging out with Funakki and Kasa.

https://natalie.mu/music/news/527447

#1504 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 06:19 PM

Poor girl. Had potential but I don't think it was handled well.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#1505 neovari96

neovari96

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:47 PM

Got any update yet?  :(

#1506 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 03:26 PM

Sadly it doesn't look like it, at least looking at her Instagram and staff Twitter.

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

#1507 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 09:32 PM

Seems Murotan is retiring..

She should've stayed at UFA and not gone to a weird little agency. But of course now it's easy to say that.

Good luck in your life, Muro. You deserve it.

#1508 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 01:11 AM

As much crap we give UFA, they would have spent way more money on her solo career.

#1509 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 06:25 AM

Hmm, I don't think this decision would've been any different considering that it's mental health related. Granted, her current (now former) company's conditions probably amplified them, but considering she left ANGERME relatively sooner than most people thought she would probably meant that a lot of this stuff was already on the surface. And let's face it, her staying UFP or her not staying under UFP wouldn't really make a difference success wise either. Of course she could always fall back on M-Line events and appearances at H!P concerts, but none of the soloists sans Suzuki Airi are doing extraordinarily well and aren't releasing music as consistently as the main H!P branch (and even Airi, for her level of talent and popularity amongst idol fans should be bigger than she is). Comfortable, for sure, though.

That aside, I hope she gets the help that she needs and she'll be able to heal. It's devastating knowing what she's been going through, but she ultimately made the best decision for herself. I hope we'll be able to see her face and hear her voice again in the future. She had a lot of potential.

https://x.com/murota...2300378531?s=46

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#1510 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 07:01 AM

^Psst...That whole mental health thing is just a "go to" cover story. You shouldn't believe it for a second.

Am I saying she'd be the next big thing if she stayed with UFA? Nope. She wasn't talented enough for a solo singing career. Her talents are better in a group rather than solo. What I am saying is that UFA would have kept her busy and working Just like Airi is busy and working. UFA would have invested a lot of money in her career after H!P.

#1511 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 07:10 AM

^Psst...That whole mental health thing is just a "go to" cover story. You shouldn't believe it for a second.

Am I saying she'd be the next big thing if she stayed with UFA? Nope. She wasn't talented enough for a solo singing career. Her talents are better in a group rather than solo. What I am saying is that UFA would have kept her busy and working Just like Airi is busy and working. UFA would have invested a lot of money in her career after H!P.

I don't think it's fair to say that there isn't an aspect of mental health. She left a group where she was decently popular in, expecting to be able to do well solo, able to bring her fanbase over. Things didn't go well and she probably was faced with regrets and "what ifs"
Wrong career moves really take a toll on a person.

#1512 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 03:17 PM

I don't think she would warrant a solo career if she stayed with UF. It's commendable that she decided to take the solo deal outside UF and give it a try. Even though it didn't end up well, but at least she took a chance.

Now I wonder if she will explore her options with UF once she feels ready to comeback and if UF would entertain that.

#1513 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 12 January 2024 - 11:11 PM

I don't think it's really appropriate to imply that her mental health issues are nothing more than a cover up story, but I guess I'll play along. Idols have retired for numerous things, and often tell the story without "telling the whole story". If she was just frustrated with "flopping", she could've terminated her contract with that company and found a new company/went back to UFP within the span of a year or two. Her completely retiring implies that something deeper is going on, ala her mental health. You can't be a performer under anyone's company if you fear that your mental health will compromise that.

Airi has stuff going on for her because she's... Airi! She was one of the most popular H!P idols during arguably their lowest time period, and she has an amazing voice and comedic value to back her up. However, the same can not be said for popular members/amazing performers who have stayed under UFP: Lovendor tanked and Reina doesn't do much outside of OG-related sctivities, PINK CRES. tanked and Miyabi hasn't done much since, Karin/Maachan/Risamaru/Kiki get promoted as an exentsion of H!P but don't have much going for them outside of that besides the occassional music release. Murotan had a great voice, though she regressed in her later years, and had a lot of charisma: A solo career could've worked very well for her, but UFP wouldn't have her doing much and the company she did sign too clearly didn't have enough resources to help her flourish.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#1514 Unlimited_DJ

Unlimited_DJ

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 04:04 AM

I take the announcement of "mental health issues" as industry speak in the East just like in the west when a star wants to "focus on time with family", that's industry speak for going to rehab.

Could there be "some" truth to it? Sure I guess but that's not the reason. It's just the reason they want the public to focus on. Sounds a hell of a lot better than "She failed at her dream, is now unemployed and doesn't know what to do next."

With her former/current agency going bankrupt, I don't know if she'd have to wait the customary year before signing with another company. She would probably be welcomed back to UFA but who knows. UFA prints money so they'd have the cash to just buy out her contract with the other agency.

#1515 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5682 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 11:49 AM

Interesting focus, Unlimited_DJ. A lot to think about, thanks.  :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#1516 kaiguy

kaiguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 01:05 PM

I actually met Murotan tonight. I went to a restaurant in Tokyo for dinner and she was my waitress lol.
I won’t give any details about the location/restaurant to protect her privacy, but she looked like she was doing well and seemed her usual happy and bubbly self.

#1517 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 07:29 PM

^ Did you tell her that you knew who she was?

#1518 kaiguy

kaiguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:35 AM

No I didn’t. I was tempted, but it felt inappropriate since she was at work.

#1519 mo baka

mo baka

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Kaiguy for sharing your bit of good luck and news about Murotan.

#1520 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 12:42 PM

https://news.yahoo.c...9f8baf9cea854e8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users