• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 jarkza

jarkza

~_~

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

So... are there no Puffy fans around here? They even have their own program in USA...
This was the 2nd japanese band/singer I ever listened to (right after Ayu)... and I :wub: ed it and still do x_x
so... no one has ever heard of them? x_x

Webpage

#2 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

I've watched their cartoon on tv but had never heard abt them before..

I've listened to a couple of songs only, they're not bad

#3 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:04 AM

I'm with you, Jarkza! Puffy was also the 2nd j-group I got into way back when, and while I'm not as big a fan as I once was, I still try to catch them in concert whenever they perform in my area, and my autographed Puffy cd still sits proudly on my shelf! I think the reason they don't get much love in this forum is because they've been around for such a long time and are considered a bit old when compared to all the young artists around. Girl groups unfairly lose a lot of their popularity as they get older. Even i'm guilty of forgetting about them occasionally, but I will always be a fan of Ami & Yumi!
Posted Image

#4 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:56 AM

they're pretty old AFAIK, they're either in late 20's or early 30's.
i do like some of their songs (not the teen titan theme !!!)

the reason why i'm drawn to their music is the music style they
pursue is really a retro american rock/pop music.

i heard that the ideas/composing all came from that guitarist guy
which i think who's even older than ami & yumi. anyway i pay high
respect for them for still being in the music industry making quality
music even after all these years !!! :lol:
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#5 jarkza

jarkza

~_~

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:28 PM

mmm.. yes... lucky you americans who get to see them live, not to mention that you can see their program ^-^
And they're not that old for me, I heard about them only less than a year ago :wub:

(I think most of the people here know them only from the dance game competition with MM :lol:)

so, are they really any popular in USA?

#6 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

mmm.. yes... lucky you americans who get to see them live, not to mention that you can see their program :w00t:

bwarharaharhar ^o^
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#7 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:20 AM

so, are they really any popular in USA?

in a word...no. Puffy is still way under the radar here in the U.S. and have almost zero mainstream publicity other than their animated series and the Teen Titans theme song. You won't find them on any American radio stations or on MTV, so unless you watch a lot of Cartoon Network or are into Asian pop culture, the only Puffy most Americans know is P-Diddy. :w00t:
Posted Image

#8 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:29 AM

"T-E-E-N, T-I-T-A-N-S, teen titans, let's go~~ !!!" my fav. puffy song is Tokyo Nights ^^
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#9 draky

draky

8th gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

I love Puffy. Easily one of my favorite bands, I never miss an episode of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi if I can help it. The only reason I really watch the show so much is because it is Puffy. I've yet to see them in concert, though I really want to. Sucks that their concerts come as such bad times. I always have some major obligation when they're close.
*wipes tear* So long ZONE...so young, but your music will live on!

#10 Mari-san

Mari-san

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

I love they´re show it´s wicked but they´re music not so good

#11 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:35 AM

lol i like their music, good stuff to listen to every once in awhile and the show's pretty great too
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#12 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

I've just started to get into Puffy Amiyumi. Love the songs Your Love Is A Drug and Tokyo Nights.

#13 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

I know who they are,and I also watch their cartoon(sometimes). Really cool girls with cute and rough attitude :c13:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

They are under the radar in Japan too. Many people just don't care much about Puffy anymore other there. At least they did their best to come and sang songs over here in North America. Actually, they came to Vancouver twice before. Too bad I missed both shows...

:c16: pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#15 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:20 AM

i like their song Boogie Woogie No.5
not too long ago i was watch a special on paris hilton and when she had one of her birthday in japan
the show a part of this video i think it was mtv i though pretty cool
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#16 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:43 AM

yea i know they came to Vancouver before, but wasn't really aware of it
i quite like the teen titans theme songs though XD

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#17 nubs

nubs

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

wow the puffy thread isn't that popular here! thats a shame cos i think puffy are one of the best j-pop groups. ok they've been around a while but so what eh? i love them for the simple fact that they dont do cutesy music or the whole cutesy image that nearly every j-pop artists does.
i also love the diversity of their records and the fact that they have a very 60's beatlish feel to some of them.
i think everyone should check out the albums Jet cd and Fever fever cd as they are two of the best j-pop albums ever! the amount of different styles of music and influences on those records make them records you can't bore off. they even do a black sabbathesque song on the jet cd! darn good lol.

they've been going for quite a long time, especially for a female act, as generally people go off female artists when they turn from girls to women lol and as both ami and yumi are in their 30s now they deserve a lot of respect for still going!
the only problem i have with puffy is the puffy amiyumi cartoon side, as people tend to think of that when they think of puffy instead of the great music they've done.
Boogie woogie No.5 has to be one of the coolest and best songs to come from japan period! lol :)

#18 GoStopBlvd

GoStopBlvd

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Ah, PUFFY...I got into them almost ten years ago, and they're STILL my all-time favorite (which my Japanese friends find bizarre). I even got to meet them a couple of times...they're really funny and jaw-droppingly gorgeous...
Time to spank the orange! LET'S TRY!

#19 Kagome

Kagome

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:55 AM

I love their sound and their voices

They are true rockers and i thing they are good role models for Girls
I will never get tired of listening to them! :lol:
Posted Image

A woman heart is filled with many things! But the people she loves is always on topPosted Image of everything else

#20 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Wow, a thread for PUFFY! They are great! Only their calendar is hanging in my cubicle! (Eeek, so silly!) I have all albums and play them on my iPod when traveling! I am real punk nerd!

Hi................................................................Hi

Posted Image
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users