• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

#481 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

Definitey don't feel pressured to listen to all of it, I was just too tempted by the act of list-making. :lol: It'll be great if it's even a little useful.

- It makes me especially happy you've already heard the "Shugo Chara" groups/music. I shouldn't be too shocked, I think for a while that was the introduction to H!P for a lot of fans; you were so young though, that's so cute!

- Matsuura's early MVs are all a little odd.. but so are the songs. :lol: I heard them a lot when I was first getting into things and devouring those concerts.

- The SHUFFLES. I love the shuffles. Even the ones I didn't list I still like. You plucked out some really great first listens with those three. (Speaking of the shuffles, I've wanted BEYOOOOONDS to cover 11WATER's song for a while now so I hope you end up enjoying that one too.)

- "Anataboshi" is amazing. That bagpipe + tambourine combo should never work but somehow it's killer and such an energy booster, and you absolutely should listen to every one of the "Kirarin" anime songs! Kirari-Koharu, MilkyWay, and Kira*Pika were all great. Even I have to admit though, some of those Kirari-Koharu b-sides and album songs are kind of weird. I unironcally enjoy "Hatten×JOY", but it took me a few years to get to that point. :lol:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#482 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:41 AM

The Athena & Robikerottsu songs were also good fun songs.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#483 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

Definitey don't feel pressured to listen to all of it, I was just too tempted by the act of list-making. :lol: It'll be great if it's even a little useful.

- It makes me especially happy you've already heard the "Shugo Chara" groups/music. I shouldn't be too shocked, I think for a while that was the introduction to H!P for a lot of fans; you were so young though, that's so cute!

- Matsuura's early MVs are all a little odd.. but so are the songs. :lol: I heard them a lot when I was first getting into things and devouring those concerts.

- The SHUFFLES. I love the shuffles. Even the ones I didn't list I still like. You plucked out some really great first listens with those three. (Speaking of the shuffles, I've wanted BEYOOOOONDS to cover 11WATER's song for a while now so I hope you end up enjoying that one too.)

- "Anataboshi" is amazing. That bagpipe + tambourine combo should never work but somehow it's killer and such an energy booster, and you absolutely should listen to every one of the "Kirarin" anime songs! Kirari-Koharu, MilkyWay, and Kira*Pika were all great. Even I have to admit though, some of those Kirari-Koharu b-sides and album songs are kind of weird. I unironcally enjoy "Hatten×JOY", but it took me a few years to get to that point. :lol:

ahh dw about it! it's more a matter of me just not having enough time to listen to it all in one go rather than being overwhelmed LOL. but i'll definitely try to get through it at a pace where i can appreciate all of it and find what i really like bc i just love music and i'm really happy to have these recs lol

shugo chara seems to have introduced a lot of fans to h!p, and though it kinda sorta only exposed me to it and i regrettably didn't get into it until airi came along, i'm still really glad it existed and kinda familiarized me with h!p besides airi's solo stuff so i had more of a starting point lol (well besides airi and beyooooonds). and i really like matsuura's weirdness! it kinda reminds me of beyooooonds in a way, except in a kind of more restricted chaos and less the outright mess of beyooooonds' concept being spread out to 12 members lol. speaking of which, i haven't heard 11water's song, but because of that i'm definitely gonna listen to it soon LOL (plus i remember it was in a video with rio drinking water so i've needed to check it out since then lololol).

anataboshi really has a charm to it, like i said i understand now why it's so iconic in the fandom (and probably outside it since it was for an anime tbh). besides that i've only heard chance since meichan covered it for solo fes, so i really really really need to listen to the rest of the kirarin revolution stuff lol. also koharu really can't sing but like i think it's sorta charming in a way lol

The Athena & Robikerottsu songs were also good fun songs.

i think i've seen that name before, but never really knew what it was for and thought it was some group like bitter & sweet, so when i started watching the first video, i was just staring at it in complete bewilderment like "is that niigaki and okai??? huh???" LMAO but i just looked it up and apparently it's also an anime tie-in like kirarin and shugo had (on a side note, all of these anime units really make me wish h!p still did these lol). these are really cute! the first song is so calming despite being really upbeat, i think it's cuz of the kids show thing but i really like it, it has that nostalgic vibe too

#484 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:22 AM

Koharu absolutely can't sing very well at all (I think she plays it up some), but it totally worked for Kirari. The show had super strong "look at her try hard, look at her get better!" type idol vibes for kids. There was also a male unit associated with the show called SHIPS, they had a fun song ("TOKYO FRIEND☆SHIPS") that I'd still love to hear some H!P girls cover. There's still a clip of them performing at a Kirari live floating around on YouTube, and since most of the audience was there for Koharu/the H!P units + it was the 2000s it's mostly males and probably some kids, but they're still cheering away for them and I've always found it so endearing. :lol:

I do keep hoping they'll get back into the anime game one day, eventually. Even if it's just an OP/ED kind of deal and not as detailed as sub-units and shuffle groups. My fingers are permanently crossed.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#485 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:31 PM

oh wow i never knew there was a male unit for the show, that's really cool. koharu is really charming in a way, like yeah she's talentless but also she's just really captivating in those songs lol. i'm hoping h!p brings it back someday because it's so fun and also even if it's only anison stuff and not a buono thing at least we get cool units out of it lololol

#486 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:48 AM

UFP has announced it will strictly enforce start and end times for its upcoming HP concerts, as several Japanese prefectural governments raise emergency over growing Coronavirus cases.

Affected concerts will be on 1/30, 1/31, 2/6, and 2/7.

UFP will advance the start times by as much as 55 minutes in order to end by 7:55 or 7:50, in accordance to the 8PM curfew set by the Japanese government.

http://www.helloproj...com/news/12748/

Untitled-1.jpg

#487 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:46 PM

It really makes me happy when my interests mention one another.

@ 1:29 Himeka from Stardom was asked as a long time fan of H!P how it felt wrestling at the Budokan, 

She said it made her really happy and she felt like a member of H!P.  :lol:  <3

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#488 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:22 AM

A new collaboration with a cosmetics site; "VOCE x Hello Pro Beauty Project" (VOCE×ハロプロビューティプロジェクト). Vol. 1 features Makino Maria. The series will aim to bring out new expressions and charms of the current members while also finding the next beauty stars, following in the steps of Takahashi Ai and Suzuki Airi. Members will be interviewed, and will appear in photoshoots featuring makeup by VOCE.

http://www.helloproj...com/news/13410/

https://i-voce.jp/

433qMwcm.jpeg Baz1v8rm.jpeg N903lddm.jpeg 4up8h2Hm.jpeg

zWRtYEum.jpeg XxYMmv9m.jpeg MWIb0XNm.jpeg

https://i-voce.jp/feed/734967/

https://i-voce.jp/feed/734967/2/

(Jpl)

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#489 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 02:08 AM

I seriously didn’t even recognize her!! She looks so much more mature (and matching her age) with this type of makeup!

#490 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 05:50 AM

She appeared a few more times as well (I think it was 4 total).

https://twitter.com/...465175282724867

https://twitter.com/...989722095595559

https://twitter.com/...536578331742210

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#491 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:13 AM

https://twitter.com/...047616574148608

Talk of the town: An upcoming H!P TV show on Sukapa TV was cancelled because of the rampant illegal distribution of HinaFes clips,

New restrictions in Japan make it more costly to sue illegal uploaders, so they sever ties with the partner company instead. This is one example.

But if UFP can't even open channels for legal viewing online, how can we even follow these girls? At least use YouTube Tickets for your online concert streaming with real-time translation, right?

Untitled-1.jpg

#492 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 10:08 AM

Same backward mindset that has been misunderstanding how damaging strict IP adherence is for their own brands ever since media globalization really started to take off. In this case they picked one of the absolute worst fandoms if they intend this as an attempt to make an example out of them as well since idol fans in particular will always go out of their way to spend extra money when you let them and international idol fans (those who are not even legally able to view the streams that clips are coming from) in particular will spend hundreds of dollars extra just in shipping fees for physical goods despite the old stereotype from many Japanese fans that still believe that western fans don't buy goods. If this wasn't just an act of spite from a company that is out of touch with the modern world and how social media and clip culture on the internet actually works these days, it's a failure on their part to figure out how to monetize digital content if they just aren't getting the numbers they wanted.

#493 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 07:42 AM

That's the thing, I can't imagine they would've continued doing such regular H!P content at all up to this point if it didn't bring in results - even temporarily. Considering some JP fans also don't like having to pay for a whole new subscription service to watch, they were likely getting close to the best scenario of what their own limitations allowed.

Using piracy as an excuse is weak, when you're still making money and personally blocking your own audience expansion. On all sides of the pond the people that can't afford to pay aren't suddenly going to have extra money, you never lost anything from them because there was never anything to gain, but they are actively choosing to ignore other potential revenue streams and that's on them.

It's like saying HBO never should've made seasons 2 and onward of "Game of Thrones" because it was at one point the most pirated show in the world. That's just silly.

Nevermind I've come across groups outside of H!P whose content goes up both faster and more consistently, to the point it's actually easier to rely on them for quick access to multi-group shows because sometimes it takes literally 2-3 days more for H!P stuff to be clipped out somewhere. I'm sure they're giving those groups the same consideration..  :rolleyes:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#494 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 12:23 PM

UFA wants to sell streams and broadcast rights and (often) eventually DVDs and BRDs.  If having a broadcaster removes their ability to sell streams ("Hey, it'll be free on YouTube before it streams anyway...") AND their ability to sell DVDs and BRDs ("Hey, it's already on YouTube, I can stream it any time I want it!") then they make choices about how they're going to reach their fans.

But somehow, ya'll seem to be mixing two things together.  You think that UFA should prefer free streaming (or YouTube's pay system) and therefore they shouldn't care about rips via Sky Perfect?  Like... no.  A & B do not cross.

You're angry at UFA for not putting HinaFes (or whatever) on YouTube.  You're not angry at UFA for getting angry at Sky Perfect for stuff getting put on YouTube.

So... this is just an excuse to claim that you understand how to monetize H!P better than UFA does.  Which I find... (how do I put this gently...) unlikely.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#495 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 04:34 PM

While I can understand the TV channel to a degree it's also a bit backwards. Especially compared to Kpop which is widely available everywhere - and I guess especially young fans don't think much about uploading H!P clips just as well, since it's such a common thing in Kpop. Also, it makes sense that there are clips of the concerts making rounds - if there's one special performance people won't want to watch a whole concert to get to it.

And then not every stream is available to international viewers due to geoblocking, and if it's not blocked you need to use tenso to buy a ticket because you'll need a Japanese adress. For digital content! Now that's backwards.

Though from what I've heard this is not about international viewers but also about domestic ones, who'd have free access to the concert via the channel's websites. I can understand them being a bit angry about that (missing ad revenue etc.).

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#496 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 03:37 AM

It wouldn't be free for domestic viewers though, Sky Perfect is a premium subscription channel, isn't it?

#497 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 07:51 AM

^ That's my understanding - you have to subscribe to watch. Which is why I presumed their very consistent production and streaming of H!P material must have been resulting in decent/good returns for them already, otherwise why continue making it? When content doesn't bring in results it gets canceled.

And so nobody gets confused, Up-Front didn't have anything to do with the future content being canceled. That came from Sky/the producer. 

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#498 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 06:28 PM

Hm, we had that discussion elsewhere when the news came up, and someone mentioned that Sky Perfect on demand is similar to twitch. Could be just a misunderstanding, though.

VKnn8U2.png

#499 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:49 AM

A @ Jpl:

BEYOOOOONDS FC event 2022 ~Semishigure no Jin ZIN~ on July 31st @ KT Zepp Yokohama

Semishigure means an outburst of cicadas singing / chirping

~~~~~

Following last year's highly successful Summer FC events, Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel will again have limited number of special accommodation plans that include tickets (guaranteed) for three groups : "ANGERME", "BEYOOOOONDS", and "OCHA NORMA", who will be participating in their first Summer fan club event.

During the one-month accommodation plan period, visitors will be able to enjoy the renewed contents, such as music by the three groups and collaborative menus in the exhibition space, even if they are not staying at the hotel.

<FC event schedule>
BEYOOOOONDS : July 31st at KT Zepp Yokohama (Kanagawa)
ANGERME : August 24th at Kannai Hall (Kanagawa)
OCHA NORMA : August 29th at KT Zepp Yokohama (Kanagawa)

Benefits of the Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel accommodation plans for FC members
- Guaranteed tickets to the performances (No priority is given to the seating position.)
- One L-format photo of your favorite member (to be given at check-in)
- A signed gift to be given by drawing from among guest

During the accommodation plan period from August 1st (Sun.) to August 31st (Tue.), Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel will hold the following events for non-residents to enjoy!
Please take this opportunity to visit the Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel!

- At the Bistro China "ENCORE" restaurant in the hotel :
~ The music videos of Hello! Project groups will be shown on a large screen.
~ There will be a Collaboration menu of "ANGERME", "BEYOOOOONDS", and "OCHA NORMA"

<Collaboration menu implementation period>
BEYOOOOONDS collaboration menu: July 31st ~ August 10th
OCHA NORMA collaboration menu: August 11th ~ August 20th, August 29th
ANGERME collaboration menu: August 21st ~ August 31st

<Showing time of music videos in the restaurant>
Lunch 1:00pm~2:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm~6:00pm
2:30pm~4:30pm on performance days

Exhibition space :
~ Exhibition of costumes and photos of "ANGERME", "BEYOOOOONDS", and OCHA NORMA.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#500 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 12:04 PM

I love café and restaurant menus based off of the girls so I'm gonna love this.

VKnn8U2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users