21590 replies to this topic

#20901 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:31 PM

I'll add my two cents here...

Seeing the announcement "Sato Masaki will graduate..." feels somewhat strange. It makes me nostalgic - thinking back at the early years when 10kis were the first generation to join after I discovered Morning Musume.

It was then during 1,2,3 that I started noticing Maa-chan more and sometime after she became one of my favourite members.

While I must admit that as time flowed, I slowly lost most of the hype/excitement I felt toward her - maybe it was partly with me growing up and feeling drawn to other type of personalities, but while I would no longer consider her one of my favourite, I always acknowledged her as great performer.

I hope that it won't sound as mean, but from one side I'm looking forward to how the group will shape after Masaki's graduation (to be completely honest I am one of those who is used to the flow of members and believes that the newer members should have more chances to carry the group themselves). However, at the same time it's sad that the graduation has to be under this circumstances, and I want to wish her the best both in health and in future career.

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#20902 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:52 PM

Of course all the members blogged about this, Miki's post was the most touching as she again pointed out their similarities (left-handed, same physical size) while pointing out that their personalities are totally different. She posted a couple of pics of them playing piano in concert while mentioning all the times they played together outside of work.

All of 15ki lamented that they never got to do a proper tour with her as COVID shut down the spring '20 tour that was supposed to be their first time. Virtually every other Maa-kouhai mentioned how much she helped them, Akanechin said she "saved" her.

Some 2-shots:

Attached Files

#20903 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:43 PM

^ but weren't the 15ki part of the KOKORO&KARADA tour? Or was it only the final?

Untitled-1.jpg

#20904 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:45 PM

I am surprised they didn't give the fans enough notice. Basically less than 3 months. Usually popular members get at least 6 months of notice in advance.

Makes me wonder if the management is hoping her conditions will improve so they don't have to go down the graduation route this year but Masaki decided that it's best to end her tenure with 10 years under her belt.

And perhaps to start MM'22 with a new line-up right from the beginning of the year.

#20905 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:30 AM

^ but weren't the 15ki part of the KOKORO&KARADA tour? Or was it only the final?

Did they perform or just come out for introductions?

#20906 Chibs

Chibs

Confessed Eriholic

• Senpai
  • 3329 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:15 AM

I think it was more that tour was cut short because of the corona pandemic

Posted Image
avvie made by Sprinklebuns
rocker kamei

#20907 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:34 AM

I think it was more that tour was cut short because of the corona pandemic

No, K&K concluded. The next four never even started (though they did a full filming of what would have been the first day... Never released).

They debuted Lovepedia and Ningen during the finale of K&K.

#20908 Chibs

Chibs

Confessed Eriholic

• Senpai
  • 3329 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:31 AM

how the year started

and it's ending with graduation

Posted Image
avvie made by Sprinklebuns
rocker kamei

#20909 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:01 AM

Finally !
I know it is really sad because she is many people's kamioshi, but for me it was honestly painful to read Maa's blogs where she put so much pressure on herself. The IBS is most likely caused by stress and burnout and can only go away if the cause is removed. So now hopefully she can finally be healthy again. I hope she is able to go solo eventually, but I wouldn't bet on it being anytime soon (and I wouldn't *want* her to come back before she is completely mentally recovered, for her sake).
I recognize a lot of myself in her "I'm making everyone worry" line of thinking and I know this might be an unpopular opinion but I think she might be on the autism spectrum. Though even she probably wouldn't know, because Japanese mental health care sucks.

#20910 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:42 AM

Honestly, I knew this was coming when the initial announcement about IBS was shared...but this still hurts like hell to read. She went from one of the least noticeable members (in my eyes) to being a damn good performer and powerhouse vocalist. She turned into my favorite member to watch perform.
I'm glad she's planning on going solo, but I still worry that her health will impact her. I say this mainly because someone close to me has IBS and its so sad how much it impacts their life.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#20911 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 04:35 PM

I'm just devastated... 

Can't stop crying since the announcement out and don't have the energy to do anything

Just wanna say she's the most unique idol in the world and there's no one can surpass her in my heart 

The last idol for me 

I will follow her till the end 

I decided to keep updating everything about her (when I'm able to) 

So the every newspapers introduced her as Morning Musume ACE :lol:

The keiba (horseracing newspaper) describes her as the Gold Ship of Morning Musume (Fuku-chan also thinks Maachan suits this character in an anime called Uma Musume)

fVNiKr4l.jpg

(More + Bigger size in spoiler)

Online news as well

QTO8fOc.png?1

Translation of Maachan's blog 

(translated by @maarchive)

DonwbF6l.png?1

(x)

9PEJEf1.png

QchKAPo.png

9qkleFF.png

YyMGnHE.png

NMd97Im.png

(Bigger size in spoiler)

Spoiler

YeVCTEl.png?1

(x)

#20912 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:15 PM

After the announcement,

Maachan was trending #1 on twitter for a long time 

Rather than "Sato Masaki" (which is #8), "Maachan" was trending #1. It shows how much she is loved <3

(Morning Musume + Oshi graduates were also trending )

d1u8mYGl.png

Yahoo! Real time #1, #2

Mmjtp9u.png

(x x)

Maawota Tsubaki Factory Ono Mizuho-chan's blog translation 

Gosh i ugly cry when reading her blog 

dH0hNJW.png?1

(x)

MjnVUe7.png

E9aXOBS.png

xHAEMmF.png

3R0u7I2.png

(translated by @AndyAozora)

#20913 maanamaana

maanamaana

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:22 PM

It seems like the agency is really able to piss off Maafans/ Morning Musume's fans. They 1st announced Maa's graduation at Budokan & while Maafans were grieving they announced JJ's concert at YokoAri which angered a lot of fans. A lot of fans are questioning why didn't they book YokoAri for Maa's grad as well. Maa has been out for way too long & the fans are waiting eagerly & desperately for her to come back. Why didn't the office booked a larger venue as for sure all Maafans will be desperate to attend her last concert. Half capacity Budokan will mean only 5000-6000 fans able to attend the concert. They showed that they are able to book YokoAri for JJ but not for the most popular member's grad. Why?!! I honestly happy for JJ but at the same time I'm pissed at how UpFrong treat the flagship group & specifically Maachan. Some people are saying maybe it is for the sentimental value, but I'm sure Maachan will want to meet as many fans as she can before she graduate. 

Just ignore my rambling. My emotion has been unstable since the announcement.

#20914 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:09 PM

The official English translation of Sato Masaki’s graduation announcement  (Instagaram) from @UpFrontLink ’s Facebook:

[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]
 MASAKI SATO’s GRADUATION FROM MORNING MUSUME。'21
MASAKI SATO is graduating Morning Musume。 And Hello! Project at Morning Musume。'21 solo concert on Dec 13,2021.
MASAKI has influenced by “Irritable bowel symdrome” last half year, and could not have regular activities. Specially, could not attend concert and event.
After many discussions with MASAKI.  she decided to separate activities from the group, due to
the circumstance. It is difficult to make plan for future activities at the timing of her 10th year of  Morning Musume。 as she joined the group as  10th generation since 2011.
Masaki wished to continue for music activities as a solo artist after graduation. She maintains her health and plans to start streaming singing video.
Morning Musume. will release the last single the end of this year. This will be MASAKI’s last single as a Morning Musume。 member.
There are few months remains as a Morning Musume。 member for Masaki.
We thank you to support both Masaki and Morning Musume。
<Message from Masaki Sato>
Hello Everybody. This is Masaki Sato !!
I apologize that I absent concert for long time.
And apologize to decide to graduation during this time.
I am not good at writing and sorry for short message.
But I have many things to talk about.
I start to join Morning Musume。 when I was 12 years old. It’s been 10 years.
I am 22 years old.  I’ve been thinking about many things, discussed and found the answer.
That result is graduation. I still don’t feel this is real.
But I am feeling that I am still troublesome even now.
I am keeping positive attitude to my symptoms, and keep working as music solo artist slowly.
It will be a  short time until the last concert to sing Tsunku ♂ san’s songs  with all Morning Musume。 members on Dec 13th in front of all the fans who supported me.
I try my best as MASAKI SATO as a Morning Musume。 member til the end.
MASAKI SATO
MORNING MUSUME。'21
September 24th 2021

Since she says in the message that "But I am feeling that I am still troublesome even now."

Then Becky tweeted this:

Preach to Sato!

This is not called "trouble"!

#Goodluck

zlBLedQ.png?1

(x)

By the way, this is a thread summarizes the reaction of celebrities to Maachan's grad announcement (still not enough, tho)

>>>http://c-ute.doorblo...s/56110972.html

Become news: (Most of the articles introduces Maachan as the most popular member not only in Momusu but H!P as a whole)

Olympic female boxer's Gold Medalist also screaming at Morning Musume Sato Masaki's grad announcement:

1. https://news.yahoo.c...ac66b1f7d83804b
  2. https://twitter.com/...438667235467275
  3. https://www.daily.co...014706668.shtml

(this article even mentions the AMEBA livestream of OG with Yokoyama & Kitagawa that mentions how Maachan is)

Morning Musume fan Matsuoka Mayu's emeral green green image post "10 green hearts emo" after Sato Masaki's grad announcement:

1. https://news.yahoo.c...067800acab5216f
  2. https://twitter.com/...370851245314053
  3. https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2785667

"Eh wait eh w-wait wait" Ito Sairi can't hide upset?  Reaction associated with Morning Musume Sato Masaki's graduation:

Sashihara also pays attention "Morning Musume's Gold Ship" Sato Masaki graduated on December at Budokan, raging drive:

1. https://news.yahoo.c...5a1aadf64eb9029
  2. https://www.tokyo-sp...e/news/3671719/

Morning Musume Sato Masaki's graduation announcement, "#Maachan" tredning 1st place DJ KOO also posted super heartwarming tweet:

1. https://twitter.com/...320885302956043
  2. https://news.yahoo.c...e8c73bff6c77219

It seems like the agency is really able to piss off Maafans/ Morning Musume's fans. They 1st announced Maa's graduation at Budokan & while Maafans were grieving they announced JJ's concert at YokoAri which angered a lot of fans. A lot of fans are questioning why didn't they book YokoAri for Maa's grad as well. Maa has been out for way too long & the fans are waiting eagerly & desperately for her to come back. Why didn't the office booked a larger venue as for sure all Maafans will be desperate to attend her last concert. Half capacity Budokan will mean only 5000-6000 fans able to attend the concert. They showed that they are able to book YokoAri for JJ but not for the most popular member's grad. Why?!! I honestly happy for JJ but at the same time I'm pissed at how UpFrong treat the flagship group & specifically Maachan. Some people are saying maybe it is for the sentimental value, but I'm sure Maachan will want to meet as many fans as she can before she graduate. 

Just ignore my rambling. My emotion has been unstable since the announcement.

After announcing her grad, they keep announcing other (happy) news like nothing happens which pissing me so much

This jimusho always treat her & Maawotas awfully like this 

i really don't wanna to say this because i just wanna focus on maachan but i can't help......i hate this jimusho so much

TBH people say she would join M-line but actually i wish she goes to a better agency, where it really put efforts on pushing her, treasures her talent

if she stays in upfront, i don't see the bright future...

#20915 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:16 PM

^i believe she will follow her Minishigesan and Tanasatan to stay in UF.
Also her gen mate, Haruna and Duu is there. Dont forget also her dream is work with Tsunku.
like it or not, this agency raised her for 10 years until she became one of the most popular member.
and stay in UF will balance her health with her work

but if she decide to join another agencies, all the best for her
as long as they prioritize her health and not pushing her

#20916 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:24 PM

I also think it's better for her to stay in UF. The office might not push her as much as some other offices would, but UF treats their idols well, especially when they have health issues. IBS doesn't go away ever even with treatment; Maa is going to need an accommodating office forever, and UF has a history of being such an office. Also, I don't think she will do better at a different office after grad because of her health issues--I actually think she'd have a really hard time starting over at another company with her IBS. IBS doesn't sound like a serious illness but it really changes how much you can do in life dramatically. I didn't want to add depression on top of a depressing time but the fact of the matter is Maa is going to have a difficult time being a live performing artist going forward--I hope they make her a youtuber/singer from now on, because that's a lot more flexible.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#20917 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:37 PM

Yeah Mizuho's blog was so sad. She basically described how i felt when Haachin's left. I hope she's ok ;(

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#20918 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:45 PM

Maa has to leave UFA when her contract ends, she no longer needs to be treated like a minor idol. UFA can´t do any good for Maa. 

After years of doing everything possible so Maa wasn´t so popular as she could be, the last show in Budokan is the last straw.

Yes, i`m sad and upset.

Ps: Mizuho is an angel.  <3

#20919 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:40 PM

I thought Maachan's comment to OnoMizu showed what a truly great person she is.

I think what I'd like to see become of Maachan is her becoming more than a singer/performer. I want to see the full flower of her creativity, her genius and her training, both academically and experiental. Songwriting, music production, I'm convinced she can do it.

Tsunku said age 22 would be when Maachan becomes fully realized which was one of the reasons why she made this decision at this time. She's basically kicking herself out of the nest and forcing herself to take the next steps.

#20920 maanamaana

maanamaana

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 09:05 PM

As much as I like UpFront as a company, but at the moment for me, they sucks lol

I saw a tweet of a fan that say he does not mind paying for the cancelation of Budokan if they can get Maa a larger venue.  :(  Fans are desperate.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users