• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

I doubt it was to grow up since following Mini Moni she did a project with the kids so it was like going even younger. The decision came during the whole Haromageddon period where massive shake ups were happening in all groups and most of them made the sub groups worse. Yaguchi even if she didn't agree to it would tell anyone she didn't as she's a good employee and will always not say anything that makes the agency look bad even if they made her do something. I'm pretty sure she was just told that they would be forming another group around her and moving her out of Mini Moni and since she's not a complainer who just gets on with things she just went with it.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#42 ichibanb

ichibanb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I doubt it was to grow up since following Mini Moni she did a project with the kids so it was like going even younger. The decision came during the whole Haromageddon period where massive shake ups were happening in all groups and most of them made the sub groups worse. Yaguchi even if she didn't agree to it would tell anyone she didn't as she's a good employee and will always not say anything that makes the agency look bad even if they made her do something. I'm pretty sure she was just told that they would be forming another group around her and moving her out of Mini Moni and since she's not a complainer who just gets on with things she just went with it.

It seemed to me that Mari really didn't get along too well with Kago and Tsuji, or at least early on she didn't. She had said multiple times that they were a handful and never listened to her. Maybe she finally had enough and wanted out...dunno.

Mini Moni was the 1st Jpop group I really started listening to. I loved how genki and fun they were. I learned of Morning Musume through them, and then it was years of H!P bliss from then on. :)

#43 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

She said they were troublesome a lot but i think she kind of enjoyed being more involved with training them and being a mentor i think it worked a lot better since she had a similar personality to them so it was easier to tell them what they should be doing to get themselves accross better. She's appeared on a lot of shows with Nono and they seem very close friends so she's probably somewhat proud of what they achieved and her hand in them doing so.And it wasn't like she avoided them completely outside work as all of them mentioned various times about going to the movies together and stuff.

They drove her crazy but probably not enough to rage quit the group or anything lol. She'd already put up with them in Morning Musume and with Kago in Tanpopo and she still went along with being in another group with them both so she can't have wanted to avoid spending time with them that badly lol.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#44 ichibanb

ichibanb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

She said they were troublesome a lot but i think she kind of enjoyed being more involved with training them and being a mentor i think it worked a lot better since she had a similar personality to them so it was easier to tell them what they should be doing to get themselves accross better. She's appeared on a lot of shows with Nono and they seem very close friends so she's probably somewhat proud of what they achieved and her hand in them doing so.And it wasn't like she avoided them completely outside work as all of them mentioned various times about going to the movies together and stuff.

They drove her crazy but probably not enough to rage quit the group or anything lol. She'd already put up with them in Morning Musume and with Kago in Tanpopo and she still went along with being in another group with them both so she can't have wanted to avoid spending time with them that badly lol.

Well it's a lot different being in a group with them and being the leader of a group with them. She probably didn't have to mess with them much outside of Mini Moni. I'm sure it was someone elses job to keep them in line. I don't think she hated them but I'm sure they did annoy her terribly.

Yeah I've seen her on some of the shows with Nono in recent years and they are friendly but Mari has mentioned how much they pissed her off back in the day on some of those shows. I can totally understand how Mari might go a little bonkers dealing with them in a leadership role. :lol:

#45 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

This thread gets no love so i figured i'd post this. Mini Moni with Ayumi Hamasaki. One of their funniest TV segments in the post Yaguchi era if not the funniest.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#46 jennahoo

jennahoo

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Awwww I miss this group ;___; ♥

#47 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

happy lucky chance wonderland

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Does anyone know how many Promotional Videos they made with Takahashi? I am aware of "Crazy About You" and "Lucky Cha Cha Cha." It seems like there was one where they named the provinces of Japan . . . but I don't know the name of that one! :wacko:

ANY OTHERS???? :unsure:

#48 Yossi_love

Yossi_love

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1229 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Genki Jirushi no Oomori Song
Rock n' Roll Kenchoushozaichi~Oboechaina Series~
Minimoni. Kazoe Uta ~Ofuro Version~
Minimoni. Kazoe Uta~Date Version~
CRAZY ABOUT YOU
Lucky Cha Cha Cha!

#49 Juice princess

Juice princess

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Miss MiniMoni <3

Posted Image

Set by Chimai

~ Ai Takahashi ~ Reina Tanaka ~ Airi Suzuki ~ Risako Sugaya ~ Yuuka Maeda ~

#50 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well I was listening to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kqI_nHyeI

...and I couldn't help thinking of Berryz singing it instead, it really does sound like a BK track to me. Apart from the obvious Bus related (Sheishun Bus Guide and the Piriri to Yokou PV) connections, I wondering whether a lot of the earlier Berryz tracks may have originally been intended as Mini Moni tracks, given that Berryz started almost exactly when Mini Moni finished (spring 2004)? Sorry if this obvious

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#51 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Does anyone know the name of the person who did the arrangement for "watashi no kono yo de ichiban bijin"?
It is the third track on the soundtrack to minimoni the movie. I know Tsunku did the lyrics and music, but who did the arrangement?

www.hpoldschool.com (under construction)

#52 Henry Kamei

Henry Kamei

6th gen member

• Validating
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

i miss Mini Moni so much T.T

#53 nikammm

nikammm

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Mini Moni the Movie really need in good quality )))))

#54 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#55 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

happy lucky chance wonderland

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

As you may be aware, Aibon is in the process of introducing a new group, called Girls Beat.

I gather (from the Ai Kago thread) that Girls Beat is planning to sing "Strawberry Pie" at their first live concert.

#56 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5677 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Does anyone know the name of the person who did the arrangement for "watashi no kono yo de ichiban bijin"?
It is the third track on the soundtrack to minimoni the movie. I know Tsunku did the lyrics and music, but who did the arrangement?

Not sure, but Konishi Takao made the arragement for other songs in the movie, so probably was him. :sotsugyou:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#57 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've already shared this in Mika's thread, but because it's relevant, I'll post it here too, as she does actually talk about Mini Moni from time to time.

#58 JoshuaJSlone

JoshuaJSlone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

Not sure, but Konishi Takao made the arragement for other songs in the movie, so probably was him. :sotsugyou:

So this information comes a few years later than denadel would've hoped, but I have an update. :) Since UP-FRONT WORKS updated their web site as Hello! Project's was already and brought with it a lot of older content, there's now a discography page for the soundtrack with much more information. It looks like Watanabe Cher did the arrangement for most tracks, including 3. Konishi Takao did tracks 5 and 16. Track 10 is Ishitsuka Tomoo. No arranger is given for track 11.

#59 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

^Thank you for the info!  :good:

Already found the arranger through the booklet, but it is neat that up front have more detailed information about this release

www.hpoldschool.com (under construction)

#60 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

So is it Mini Moni or Minimoni?? I've seen it both ways but I actually see it more as one word, unlike this forum's heading.

Anyway, check out the Minimoni goodies I scored from Japan auctions that arrived today!!

This photo book is actually way cooler than I expected!  Comes with bonus Jankenpyon card game, stickers and trading cards!

LOTS of pages of cute photos... and omg Mari Yaguchi is sooooo cute  <3

I can't believe how young the W girls look... and Aibon was really skinny !!  (not saying she's bad later at all, she filled in some with absolute grace with age)

MM1.jpg

I have them to keep me company at work now!

Minimoni.jpg

Then a rather complete set of these tiny ones for home...

MM2.jpg

And this DVD, which also came with some surprise inserts, including a mini NOTEPAD!

MM5.jpg

MM3.jpg

In case any of you are wondering why I'm just getting these now is because back when I was really into W and Minimoni I didn't have any method of purchasing through Japan Yahoo Auctions, and you know how this kind of stuff seldom appears on Ebay.  Best of all, since they've been a defunct act for so long, these things were really cheap!!  Like just a few dollars here and there... though the shipping is what killed me -.-

I actually have another photo book on the way that I got for just 100 Yen.  No idea what to expect but I know its a soft cover so it won't be quite as nice as the one up top, but still...

MM7.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users