• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Ah shame. The movie sells for a whole lot more than that online these days. And it's worth it just for it's ridiculously funny storyline and the oddness of everything.

And to the above post. Growing up alongside them must have been fun. I was almost 17 when Mini Moni were formed so i was on the brink of adulthood yet still a big kid (I have yet to grow up lol) and i was really into them as soon as i saw them and was always tracking down their videos. It was a big part of watching these girls grow as characters. I don't think H!P will ever have another unit that has so much chemistry they all just seemed to know each other really well and how to use their characters together. Mini Moni will always be unique in their chemistry and their style.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#22 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

A toaster? XD That's awesome. Do you have a picture of it?
(on a side note, I wish H!P still sold random items like that. They've got a few of them, like that dust-wiper-mitten thing...)

Here you go :)

Top of box.

Posted Image

Front of box.

Posted Image

Instruction manual.

Posted Image

Inside box.

Posted Image

The Toaster itself, the rest of the design (other than sides) is all chrome.

Posted Image

#23 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

(on a side note, I wish H!P still sold random items like that. They've got a few of them, like that dust-wiper-mitten thing...)

Don't forget the suitcases that came out recently

#24 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

That is the best toaster i've ever seen! I think besides the four character watches that;s become the piece of merch i'd really love to find it'd be a great thing to have in my kitchen when i have people over.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#25 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

The character watches are pretty cool as well. Seems they made more than one version of the watches as well.

#26 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

^

I've only ever seen the one version of them i wasn't aware they'd made even more. I guess it's just like the plushies i only ever thought there was one set then i found out they made a few different ones.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#27 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

There are so many sets of Plushies. When i thought i had every one of them i ended up discovering another set. There is even one Maki Goto one that is neede for a full set.

What makes it tough is that there are some promo ones that were for display only and were never for sale. In the end i ended up with a display cabinet just for the plushies
:D

#28 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

http://www.veoh.com/...0125023xG3HEkm6

Mari Yaguchi and Nozomi Tsuji on Unlucky Laboratory in 2010 discussing Mini Moni. Some very funny stories and it's also the only time when talking about the past i've seen anyone mention Ai Kago they usually avoid talking about her or showing her in old clips unless they have to like a long shot of the whole group although they still don't mention her by name.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#29 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

^ Also available on the tracker
http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=27838

#30 Hayai Ohirugohan!

Hayai Ohirugohan!

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:07 AM

I've had this song stuck in my head for a while. Anyone else remember? One of the few songs I liked from their second album.

Posted Image

Signature and Avatar made by 바니 「вσηкyυ」

#31 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

^

It's a catchy song. The second album wasn't bad i just always felt some of the songs didn't suit Mini Moni they tried making them sound too mature in the end.

Mini Moni's last live during Mika's graduation. It's pretty sad at the end when they lay their mics down as sort of a memorial. The end of the best sub group ever.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#32 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

I always hope that somehow Mini Moni will reform and that does include having Ai Kago as part of the lineup. I imagine it happening in a way that one of them goes back to that stage and its all covered in dust as if nobody had been there since the graduation. She picks the microphone up and wipes the dust of it and the rest of the group comes on after her (her being Mari Yaguchi) and the group reforms. This being the first leg of a Mini Moni tour. Ok i like to Dream and it happened once with the forming of Dream Morning Musume so perhaps it can happen again :)

#33 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

It'd be nice to see them all sing together again i think a one off performence is probably more likely than a full tour which depends on getting Mika Todd and Ai Kago back And even if management approve there's always the possibility that one or both would say no to coming back full time instead of just a one off performence as part of an anniversary show or something. But as you said they formed Dream Morning Musume so it's always possible that they'll bring other groups back. And if they do perform again they should wear new versions of the old Mini Moni outfits even in their 20's it'd still be adorable XD

TEAM TAKECHAN

#34 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

happy lucky chance wonderland

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

My opinion may be contrary to everyone else's . . . but . . .
I think Mini Moni with Ai Takahashi was good! They kind of missed the mark with "Crazy About You." It was a good song, but it just didn't match the Mini Moni image. The dance in the PV was good, too. "Lucky Cha Cha Cha" was a great song, however. In my opinion, it is the best song from Mini Moni . . .very upbeat and inspiring. :good: I could watch the close up version of the PV for "Lucky Cha Cha Cha" over and over. :blush:
Also, let's give Takahashi credit for her performance in "Brementown Musicians." That program would not have been the same without her! To me, it is a toss up who was the best actress in that drama, Takahashi or Kago.

#35 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

I think Mini Moni with Ai Takahashi was good!

Oh, I agree completely, it's just that i don't understand why Mari left. It seemed unnecessary

Also, let's give Takahashi credit for her performance in "Brementown Musicians."

Amen to that!.

#36 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

[/quote]
Oh, I agree completely, it's just that i don't understand why Mari left. It seemed unnecessary

[quote name='mountainoluv' timestamp='1312607318' post='1378946']

I could be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that Mari's departure from Mini Moni was voluntary, and that it was her idea. There was something about, again I could be wrong, she was getting too old for Mini Moni and/or she felt that she had done all that she could do with the group. I thought that she wanted to move on to a new project . . . to see if she could replicate her success. Maybe it was also that the Two-top were getting too rambunctious/rebellious, and that she was tired of dealing with them . . . tired of having to keep them in line. Perhaps the idea of ZYX, with its younger, more compliant members seemed attractive to Mari.

I'd be interested in what everyone else's opinions are. I was thinking that it would be informative if Mari said something about this in an interview. But, then again, because she has stayed with UFA, I'd expect her to say what they want her to say. That is, I'd expect her to maintain the "party line."

#37 Aly B

Aly B

Hopelessly devoted to MoMusu.

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

I definately think that Yaguchi was trying to graduate from the little kid image that mini moni had and become more like an adult. Even ZYX's songs were more mature than Mini Moni's, even though the average age was younger. Plus she was in ROMANS right around that time. Plus I'm pretty sure it was pretty close to her 20th birthday, so she may have been trying to carry herself more like an adult. That's just my speculations, though.
Posted Image

#38 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

I definately think that Yaguchi was trying to graduate from the little kid image that mini moni had and become more like an adult. Even ZYX's songs were more mature than Mini Moni's, even though the average age was younger. Plus she was in ROMANS right around that time. Plus I'm pretty sure it was pretty close to her 20th birthday, so she may have been trying to carry herself more like an adult. That's just my speculations, though.

When Mari turned 20 . . . ummmm . . . wasn't that when her sexy beam came out? :lol:

By the way, I asked Mika via Twitter whose idea it was for Mari to leave Mini Moni. We'll see if she answers.

#39 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

I got a response to the question ^ . According to Mika, via Twitter, "I think it was mutual but not exactly sure..." I have to hand it to Mika for being attentive to her fans! :good:

#40 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

^
Both Mika and Lehua seem to love their fans. They always answer questions quickly!

Considering the way Mari talks about Mini Moni in recent interviews, particularly the early years, I wouldn't doubt that Mika's right on the money.
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users